7 - KNOWING SOMEONE AND GETTING TO KNOW SOMEONE

The Ghost from the Vodka Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

It feels like I haven't been here in a millennium. It's nice to be back. I inhaled a huge whiff of that fresh, non-polluted air from my 'secret hideout' and exhaled with a sigh of content. Ahhh, I missed this. How come I've only visited this now?

 

"Jiyong-ah, this is the spot were you found Vlady and me in!!!" 

 

I looked over to where that annoying scream was coming from and found Dara bouncing merrily on the river bank with a huge grin plastered on her exaggeratedly happy face. 

 

Oh right, it's because of her. 

 

I lied myself down on the damp grass and let her babble off to herself. It's been about few weeks or so since I found her here. And let me just say, when you see something intriguing in a river bank, never ever compel yourself to take it or even look at it. Learn from me and see how much I'm already suffering because of her. 

 

"I feel so refreshed in here~" 

 

I glanced at her with a scowl. What right did she have to feel refreshed when I felt the opposite of that because of her presence? This was supposed to be my alone time. I can't believe I even brought her with me. , why am I so weak to her telling me that she doesn't want to be alone? That lonely look on her face always gets me. Curse my golden heart. 

 

Well now that I'm here, I might as well do the things I usually do when I relax: brood and think about my future. Now doesn't that sound relaxing? I lied there, picking out topics in my brain about my well-being but my thoughts always lead to her and how to get her to leave. Of course that should be my number one priority right now but I use this place solely to think about my self and not some outer being that was as jittery as a coke addict. C'mon Jiyong, get your head in the game. You didn't come here to think about her even though she was literally just 5 steps away from you. 

 

Focus Jiyong. Okay, did you pay the bills already? After I get my paycheck next week I will. Good, now did you call omma and tell her that you're still alive? Oh shoot, I haven't since Dara came. I'll make sure to call her though. I just hope she doesn't panic. Well, she hasn't called for a search and rescue operation yet so we're good, Jiyong. Well that's a relief, thanks for pointing that out, Jiyong. No problem and do you know what you're going to do with Mihyun by the way? She called you a few weeks back if you can come to her birthday. I'll drop by but I think omma and appa aren't just gonna let me drop by so I guess I have to stay there for a few days. Arasso, make sure you buy her a nice present. But I don't know what girls want though. Buy something useful then. 

 

"Yah Dara." I called and her head instantly perked up from being submerged into water. I mentally scowled when I notice that she didn't even look drenched let alone a little wet. "What do girls find useful?" 

 

I saw her look up in thought and then she deadpanned to me and said, "A washing machine." 

 

Like hell was I going to give Mihyun a freaking washing machine as a gift. "I wasn't very specific, wasn't I?" I sighed and she nodded. "Something that's practical and realistic that I can give someone as a gift."

 

She began to float closer to me and then she sat beside me with her body hovering a centimeter off the ground. "A gift for a girl? Why don't you just give her a teddy bear or some flowers or something? es love those." 

 

I furrowed my brows in irritation and pinched myself in the arm only to earn me a shriek. "Don't call her a ." I spat and she raised her hands in defeat. "She'll just throw those away. She wants something that she can use."

 

"How picky." she puckered her lips with a frown. "I did tell you a washing machine." And I glared at her. "But apparently you're too cheap to even buy that." 

 

I scoffed. "Do you know how much a freaking washing machine costs?! It'll cost me a month's worth of my paycheck! Do I look like Bill Gates to you???" 

 

"No, you're handsomer than he is, Mr. Candy man." she batted her lashes. 

 

I can't believe this girl. 

 

"Be serious, alright? I need to buy her something before next week." 

 

"Sanitary pads." she replied bluntly. "That's the most practical thing that any girl would find useful." 

 

I heaved a deep breath and propped myself up, leaning on my elbows. "Do you really think I'll give her sanitary pads for a birthday gift?" I asked cynically. 

 

She shrugged. "Most girls in this day and age are too embarrassed to buy those. You'll sure be doing her a big favor." 

 

I therefor conclude that this conversation was of no help at all. I just nodded absently and thought of other presents that she might like. She doesn't really like gifts that would just end up in their basement because she doesn't use it. I brought her a teddy bear once and I just saw it in her closet where all her other junk was there. I brought her a rice cooker once and she was so over the moon that she didn't stop thanking me up until I left. Mihyun is a... unique girl.

 

"Who's the lucky girl that's about to get Mr. Candy man's sanitary pads?"

 

"I'm not gonna give her sanitary pads, okay?" I hissed. "And why the hell would I tell you her name. You might stalk her like what you did with my friends."

 

One time--I think it was about a few days ago--I found her going through my laptop and looking through my SNS. I didn't use it that much and I often forget to log-out of it hence why she was using my account. I decided to peer behind her and she what she was up to because she looked really focused back then. When my eyes focused to the screen, I saw her looking at Seunghyun's pictures on his profile and even saw Daesung, Youngbae, and Seungri's profiles opened up in their own separate tabs. I heard her grumbling about something while she looked at a picture of Seunghyun with his girlfriend. I think I heard her curse at the girl or something. This cyber stalking continued on for about a couple of hours before she closed my laptop and whistled her way to me like nothing happened.

 

"It's not my fault if I want to know you're circle of friends more." she crossed her arms with a smile. "So tell me, who's the girl?" she wiggled her brows.

 

I shook my head as a faint chuckle escape my lips. She pouted at me and whined but I remained firm on not disclosing any info about Mihyun. I don't want her becoming a victim of her cyber stalking. I just remained silent but my mind was far from self-brooding and the sorts from earlier. As usual, my good-natured and annoyed mind went back to her. God, now she's even distracting my thoughts. 

 

"Tell me about yourself, my humble caretaker." She suddenly mused. "Dami unnie hasn't said a lot and your SNS definitely doesn't help either so I might as well ask the man himself."

 

I gave her an incredulous look and lied back on the grass and turned over to the side opposite from her. Was she crazy? Why the hell would I tell her about myself? Where am I, in Speed Dating service? Heol. 

 

I heard her whine from behind me, "Oh c'mon! I might remember something while you reminisce your golden youth! Didn't I remember my hate for dogs when you suddenly mentioned them? That might happen again, Jiyong-ah."

 

My ear perked up and I glanced back at her with my narrowed and very suspicious eyes. I had become a very reserved person by nature and that wasn't gonna change with this of a ghost. I am still sane. At least I think I am. She was now lying next to me, her leather jacket now tied at her waist and her bare, white shoulders welcomed me. She looked really thin now that I've seen her arms. Her legs weren't doing her any justice either. She was alarmingly thin to the point that she looked somewhat anorexic. Her face, however, showed a slight plump in them but over-all she looked rather sickly despite her over the top energy. 

 

I saw her lips curve up into a teasing smile. "Why are you looking at me like that? Are you enamored at my beauty?"

 

I continued to peek over my shoulder as I looked at her from head to toe. She was striking a 'y' pose as she lied down next to me. Her knee was bent upwards, revealing a pair of short leggings, while the other stayed on the ground. A hand was used to rest her chin on and her lips were slightly parted. Her dark brown eyes looked smoldering, sultry, and completely disgusting and idiotic.I turned back away from her and she started hitting my back with her cold- hands. I genuinely thought that she looked beautiful the first time I met her but when I got a clear--and I mean very clear--look at her... well, she wasn't different from those Seoul girls I see in my university. She looked normal to me. 

 

"Yah! Stop!"

 

I sat up and flailed my hands onto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter