26 - I MISSED YOU

The Ghost from the Vodka Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I say put the two in a room. I heard that it's an old Park family tradition." 

 

They all looked at Seunghyun incredulously before going back into their huddle. Dara and Bom were still as distant as ever and the boys felt the need to be 'heroic' for once and help them out. They were now attached to them after all. It was only right if they get them to act like sister again instead of complete strangers. 

 

"Would ice cream help... or maybe chocolate?" Seungri chimed in. 

 

Youngbae flicked his ear and the latter winced. "Idiot, that's only when they're on their period." 

 

"How do you know that?" Daesung looked amused. 

 

"More than half of my family members are girls. I think I know more about woman than all of you combined."

 

Jiyong snorted. "And yet you still don't have a girlfriend." 

 

Youngbae ticked his tongue. "I liked you better when you were a tight ." he spat. "You don't back talk to people back then." 

 

"Well at least I'm saner now than I was before." Jiyong shrugged. 

 

"I thought you went out of it that one time we saw you going bat crazy when noona was a ghost."

 

 "Me too, Seungri. Me too." Jiyong sighed, smiling. 

 

They were currently at campus, eating lunch and getting stared at—well, Jiyong was—by some students since they still weren't used to how animated he had become. He was just like any old college student back then, the one who stayed away from the crowd and who was only there to get a degree so that he could get a job and be over with already. Now they see him willingly smiling and playing along with his friends as opposed to just sitting there with them and listening on. 

 

"Where's the girlfriend, hyung?" 

 

The girls frowned and pouted when they heard the word 'girlfriend'. Sure he wasn't that bad back then but seeing him lively right now brought him into a different and inviting light. They were intrigued at first but then word got around that he had a girlfriend and the carnivores had no choice but watch from far away and looked at the Jiyong that they couldn't have. 

 

"Probably at home."

 

"Which home?" Daesung smirked teasingly, earning him a smug smile from the latter. 

 

"Mine of course." They all shared high fives except for Seunghyun who kept quiet. Truly, Jiyong never did anything to Dara and they all knew that he cherishes the girl. The boys were just being boys right then.

 

"Let her come back home, Jiyong. She's getting way to attached to you and getting way too unattached to Bom."

 

"It's not my fault if she doesn't want to." Jiyong replied. "I can't even count how many times I told her to go home but then she goes all 'you don't love me anymore' on me and the next thing I know, she's sleeping on my bed and I'm sleeping on the couch again." 

 

"You're whipped, dude." Youngbae shook his head. 

 

Jiyong groaned and raked his hair. "That woman is gonna make me pull a muscle or something."

 

The rest laughed while Jiyong was left to glare at all of them. He was being serious. The girl was already making him feel the early stages of arthritis. 

 

They talked about how they were going to have to make them up again and them trying out Seunghyun's original plan to put the two in the room together. They were talking about that but they seem to forget about Dara's memory loss and how to regain that back. Time has passed and they didn't feel the need to make her remember. She was alive and she was with Jiyong. It seemed like that was all that mattered to them and they were just trying to make everything right again by patching the sisters' relationship up. At this point, Jiyong really didn't mind if she couldn't remember him. 

 

But Dara couldn't. She sat on his couch in thought as she gazed over the room. How were they able to date when she was in a coma? She checked every nook and cranny of his home and found no pictures of them or anything that could be related to her. Or maybe she just doesn't know if some of the things in his house are hers or not. She did forget about him after all. Damn this amnesia. She could only laugh at herself by being a part of the ever-so typical KDrama trope that seemed to be in every plot. 

 

She reread every letter she sent to Mihyun and cursed to herself when she didn't put a date on any of them. Their relationship was getting really suspicious to her and she's becoming very skeptical about them really having a relationship. Maybe Jiyong was talking about a different Dara. The letters she wrote seemed to be so far from how she would normally write. 

 

You told yourself that you would trust him.

 

Dara sighed. She was having second thoughts again and it was all because she was confused as hell. She needed some answers but no one was willing to give her any. Maybe he really was a stalker! How could she know so much about him when she was in the middle of a coma? Not even her sister was able to know some of the things about her. 

 

Oh . She was in the house of her stalker. 

 

Panicking, Dara grabbed her crutches and tried to make a brake for it but then the door opened, revealing the devil himself. 

 

"Hey I brought some food!" He said cheerily. 

 

Dara was in hysterics. 

 

"YAH ARE YOU REALLY A STALKER?!" 

 

Jiyong just watched her amusedly as she listed all the reasons why he was in fact her stalker. He set the food down on the table and went up to her, snaking his arms on her waist while the girl continued to babble on with her crazy eyes. He watched as she unconsciously clutched on to him and moved closer despite the jabbing contradictions in her words. He was enjoying how riled up she was getting but he can't help but want to make her remember again to ease her confusion. 

 

But for all they knew, she was never going to remember him. She was a spirit when she met him and according to Dami, out of body experiences don't tend to stick to the mind. She might remember them as splotches of dreams but she wold never relate it to real life. The thought made him sad but like Dara said herself, they were going to make new memories. 

 

New memories that were going to be worth remembering. 

 

He guarantees it. 

 

Jiyong tipped her chin to him and gave her lips a sweet kiss. Dara just found herself responding by opening and kissing him back. They pulled away with a 'pop' sound and he saw how she looked dazed after it. He doesn't know if he should tell her how they truly met. Odds were that she was never going to believe him and he would really be labeled as a stalker. He couldn't risk losing her again because of it but he still wanted her to know the truth behind their meeting. 

 

In the end, Jiyong changed the topic and told her that they should eat. They temporarily forgot about the 'elephant in the room' but as the night passed, they stayed awake thinking of what they should do and if they were going to trust each other. 

 

 

_______________________

 

 

"So it's come to this, huh?" 

 

The two women were inside Jiyong's room, with all the guys having their ears glued to the door. This was called the Park way of handling things. Seunghyun heard a story about his professor's father's friend that she was made to 'talk her feelings out with her mother' (who were both Parks—well, one was a Park at heart) and that ended up in them having settled hearts and smiles on their faces. They were hoping that they would get the same reaction with these two Parks. 

 

Dara just remained silent while staring at her older sister. The latter however, was feeling uncomfortable under her gaze and felt the awkwardness that Dara didn't.

 

Dara felt nothing.

 

Just like she did with her aunt who did nothing.

 

Just like she did with her father who made her be something that she wasn't. 

 

"Do you have something to say to me?" came her little sister's cold voice. "It's really uncomfortable here and my legs are getting achy."

 

"Omo, should we get Dara out?" Jiyong panicked only to receive a smack upside the head. He really was whipped. 

 

Bom gave her more space on the bed despite Dara already having most of the space. She tucked her hair uneasily while Dara continued to look at her without any ounce of affection. Yes they talked a little as soon as she was awake and they both thought that they were going to build a stronger bond but it only proved to be a failure. They started to drift apart when Bom started getting too familiar with her and Dara, remembering her horrible past, engraved in her head that she wouldn't let her trust be taken away so easily again. 

 

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for not having done anything. I'm sorry, Dara. How much more apologies do I have to tell you so that you can forgive me?" 

 

Wow, that was a thing to say. 

 

Dara let out a bitter smile as the woman in front of her kept apologizing. 

 

"You just don't get it do you?" Dara spat heartlessly. "Dongwook turned my life into . He was trying to make me like omma and I swear to god that I thought he was gonna love me someday because of that but no! It made him hate me more and what do I get?" her voice was starting to tremble with anger and Bom could just look away shamefully. "Every ing time I see you and imo, I ask for help but the both of you just look the other way and pretend that I didn't ask for ." 

 

"I didn't get a childhood because of him. All I did was dance and dance like a fool and that got me to being paraplegic. I can't even do the only thing that I can do because of that man!" She yelled, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Now tell me, you coldhearted . What right do you have for me to have me to accept your half-assed ing apologies?" 

 

Bom was in tears too but now she looked angry. "I get it, okay? I'm a selfish ! There, are you happy?!" she screamed back. "You don't know how many times I could hear you crying on the other side of the wall. I couldn't ing sleep knowing that you were on the other side—"

 

"Oh? So the little baby didn't get her good night sleep because her sister's crying was too loud for her—"

 

"GOD ING DAMMIT, DARA!" she shrieked, frustratingly. "That's what's wrong with you! You jump into conclusions and refusing to hear the goddamn truth from the people around you! You are not the only one who got abused..." she cried. "Now shut the up and open that close-minded head of yours! I wanted that man dead more than you ever will!" 

 

Seunghyun clenched his jaw and moved the boys away from the door, much to their confusion. They were about to go back there but Seunghyun's hard gaze stopped them. 

 

"Do you know why he doesn't touch you?" Bom's voice sounded taunting and bitter. "Because I told him—I ing begged him—not to do that to you since you already dealt with too much. I was your replacement." 

 

"Stop it." 

 

"And to think that I was jealous that he was giving you too much love and attention." she snorted, tearing up as she looked at her weakly. "Who would've thought that I was going to get more 'love' and 'atte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter