Mission: Start

It Ended In Fire -ON HIATUS-

 

After arriaving at the school, the headmaster gave them all a run down. 

"Guys, I know this is gonna be hard on you so I need to let you know a few things. First off, Never stay alone. Always stay in a group of two or more people. Do I make myself clear?" Zelo swallowed thickly, locking eyes with Lilith and nodding. Making a silent agreement to protect the others with everything they have. 

"Next! Don't fall for anything that seems like it might be a trick. If you do, you will be captured and killed, most likely. This is not a good thing, obviously. Now, the last rule, never fight with eachother. If a fight breaks out you may either draw attention to yourselves, or, you will get distracted and make it easier for the enemy to anihilate you. And! You guys will sleep here in the feild tonight, and no buts about it, thats right, I saw you Anu. It will be easier to start your journey tomorrow." The headmaster finished, staring at everyone in the eye, and then walking up to Zelo.

"Yes, Headmaster?"

The headmaster sighed and shook his head, "Please, I told you to call me uncle, or even my name for that matter."

"Fine, yes, Himchan?"

"I need you to be very careful, you are the strongest on this team and you know it. I need you to protect all of them but also protect yourself, they will fail if you are gone. Do you understand what I am saying?"

"Yes, I do, I understand fully. You have no need to worry about me." Zelo rubbed his hands together, look at the headmaster right in the eye. "Now, May I go now, headmaster?" Himchan clapped Zelo on the back, taking a deep breath while nodding. 

 

 

 

It was getting dark before any words were spoken between the team. All of them, especially Zelo, locked in their thoughts, emotions taking over for those few hours as some cried and others trained with themselves. 

"Hey, Lilith, mind coming here for a second?" Zelo called you, look at the silent figure, turned away from everyone.

She straightened up, taking the earbud out of her ear and turning around. Seriousness was written all over her face as she stood, walking swiftly towards where Zelo was standing. Her posture was strong, she looked ready to fight anyone, or thing, that got in her way. 

"What you need, bro?' She said casually, looking up at Zelo. 

"Are you ready for this? Aren't you even a little scared?" His worries slipped from his lips. Lilith looked at Zelo with a look that showed concern and worry.

"Of course I'm not ready, do you think any of us are?" She gestured towards everyone in the group, "And, I am very scared, but I am willing to do this to protect you guys, don't worry too much." Lilith pulled on Zelo's neck, lowering his head and rubbing her knuckles on the top of it. Laughter stirred from them, lightening the heavy atmosphere and taking some weight off their shoulders. 

"C'mon guys, I think we need some sleep now." Echo stated loudly. 

"Yeah, I think so too." Faye agreed with her sister, laughing lightly before laying on the ground in the field. 

One by one, everyone layed down and fell asleep. Zelo stayed awake though, thoughts that were piling up, making it hard to fall asleep. A while after everyone was mostly asleep, Zelo felt arms wrap around him. 

"Hey," Anu voiced softly, "you are normally the first one asleep. What's on your mind?"

"Hey. I was just thinking about tomorrow and if we will end up loosing someone in this team due to stupidity of the team. It worries me so much." Zelo spewed the thoughts he has been withholding since he found out about the mission. 

"Don't think like that, if people do die, it will be because they were selflessly protecting innocent people. And, I know you are worried, but you still have me~" Winking, Anu scooted closer, tightening his hold around Zelo's waist.

"ert."

 

 

 

Zelo still couldnt fall asleep. The thoughts were being rude and weren't going away. He couldn't help but be worried. Get your together! Breathing out deeply, he turned over, staring at Anu's face.

A breeze blew past and  Anu shivered, snuggling closer into Zelo's chest, smiling at the warmth. Zelo chuckled and His hair. 

"I won't let anyone get near you or the others." He whispered quietly before turning back over and falling asleep. 

 

 

 

Morning arriaved quickly, waking the birds and making them chirp repeatedly. 

"Shut those goddamn things up! They are so irritating." A new voice sounded through the feild, making the team alert. 

"Who the hell are you?!" Echo shot up, glaring in the direction the voice came from. 

"Woah! Chill! I was just sent here last night by the headmaster." The person defended.

Lilith sat up and looked at the newcomer before shoving her face into her hands, "Why?! Why you?" 

"Well hello to you too, little sister." 

"What? I didn't know you have an older brother." Echo said curiously. 

"Well, she does. My name is Gabriel. Yours is?" Gabriel stood up and strode over to Echo and held his hand out for a hand shake. 

Echo politely shook his hand. "My name is Echo. Nice to meet you, Gabriel."

"No, this isn't nice at all. Why do you have to be here?" Lilith complained and punched her brother on the shoulder. 

He laughed. "I was told to be here, just like I said, the headmaster sent me here." 

 

 

----------------

 

 

"Sir, I heard that there is a group of assassins that were sent here to kill you." A man hurriedly spoke.

"Let them come, they can't get to me. But, to make this more interesting, send out some of my men to thin their group out."

"As you wish." The man turned and walked out of the room, a smirk on his face as he went to go talk to some people.

 

 

----------------

 

 

The six of them headed off, walking with a slight jump in their step, not knowing what lies ahead of them. Zelo, though, was dragging his feet, actually aware that one of them is going to... perish. His mind was in a big jumble that he almost ran into a tree branch, if it weren't for Faye who quickly steered him out of the way. 

"Thank you, Faye." He shook her shoulder lightly.

"No problem, ya big baby." She joked lightly, trying to ease his nerves. 

 

 

 

The walked until dusk, deciding to stop and rest for the night, pulling out some snacks they packed for the first few days of their journey. Handing them around, Gabriel spoke, breaking the silence.

"Hey guys, do you hear that too?" He motioned around them, listening to the faint chatter in the distance. "Who would be out in the forrest at this time if they were just random civilians?"

"I agree, I think we should check it out." Lilith voiced quietly, staring at her brother. 

Anu looked at Lilith and then at Gabriel. "Yeah, same. We should go now if we are gonna at all."

"Okay, you guys go, I'm going to stay here and keep the fire going, don't worry." Echo stated, putting another stick into the fire.

The others stood up wordlessly and nodded, walking towards the direction of the voices. 

 

 

 

Echo stood up to grab another stick from behind her when she saw him standing there. His blonde hair looked semi orange from the light emiting off the fire, a tight smirk donned on his face, making him look evil. 

"Who are you?" Her voice stood firm, as well as her body even though she was shaking inside. 

His smirk turned into a smile, "Well, I guess, I am your worse nightmare?" 

He lunged towards her, his hand reached out to grab her around the throat but she moved out of his way, his fist just a few milimeters away from the side of her neck. She spun around and grabbed the back of his shirt, flinging him backwards with a quick pull. The man flew backwards and hit a tree, knocking the wind out of him, but he recovered quickly. Standing up, he lunged again, this time kicking his leg out, hitting Echo right in the stomach.

"OOUH!" Echo roared as she fell down a few yards from where she was standing to begin with. She got up quickly and ran towards him before jumping up and making her foot collide with his face.

Anger was evident on the man's face, he flung himself at her, knocking her to the ground and getting on top of her. He punched her a few times before she kneed him in the back of the head, making him fall forward quickly before she rolled him off of her and getting on her feet. He shot up on his feet and kicked the back of her head, as she was facing away from him. 

Echo crumpled to the ground after she let out a blood curding scream. Her skull had been fractured and blood was spilling out of a wound left from the force of the blow. The man walked to her and kicked the side of her head before bending down to see if she was dead. When his face got near her she shot her hand out from under her body, adrenaline racing through her veins, and grabbing at his face, shoving her finger into his eye. Blood flowed out of his eye while he screamed, going limp. Echo let out another scream as a wave of pain hit her again and tiredness consumed her. 

The rest heard Echo's and the man's screaming and ran back to the small camp. Lilith gasped loudly when she saw all of the blood around the man and Echo's bodies and quickly went to check on Echo. Faye fell to the ground when she saw her sister's condition and started crying. Anu walked over to her and patted her on the back, unable to speak. He was outraged that they were that stupid to leave her behind. 

Zelo walked up to the man who was fidgeting around slightly and kicked him in the temple, abruptly stopping the movements. He flipped him over and patted all around his body to see if he had any weapons or anything on him. He found a wallet in his pocket and took it out, examining it before opening it carefully to make sure it wasn't a trap. When he was sure it wasn't, he took an ID that was sitting in one of the small pockets in the wallet. 

Lee Min Hyuk

DOB: 11/3/93

Occupation: N/A

"This guy's name is Lee MinHyuk. I am positive he is here because the mob boss knows we are after him.They tricked us and tried to get one of us a... alone and they... they succeeded" Zelo's voice was firm until he looked over at Echo, who laid motionless on the groud, that is when it wavered. 

"Guys... Echo is... She's... She is..." Lilith started, unable to say what she wanted to say, "She is..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I was really busy and then when I was almost finished with this chapter my computer decided to break. Now, enought of the excuses, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and dont be afraid to comment or sub. Thank you! HUGGGZZZ \(^-^)/