The Mission

It Ended In Fire -ON HIATUS-

Zelo let out a huge sigh. Today had been the last day of training school and it was a huge relief. Sitting back in his chair, Zelo scuffed his shoes on the ground and hummed a happy tune. Students bustled about, packing their things so they could get home as soon as they could. 

The hustle and bustle and light chatter made Zelo smirk to himself. He wondered if after today he would run into any of these new assassins again.

"Attention!" Boomed the loud speaker, "Attention everyone!"

Zelo sat up and opened his eyes, looking at the shocked faces of everyone around him.

"I need these 5 people down to my office right now! Zelo, Lillith James, Faye and Echo Kim, and Anu Louis! I repeat, Zelo, Lillith James, Faye and Echo Kim, and Anu Louis!" The speaker cut out.

Zelo looked around the room again to see all eyes on him. From the back of the class he heard someone childishly yell "Ooooh~ You're in trouble~". He scoffed and sat up, grabbing his bag and carefully sliding his things into it. 

As he walked to the headmasters office his heart started race a little, loosing the cool he had back in the classroom. He had a perfect attendance record, his grades were amazing, and all of his assignments were turned in, what could the headmaster possibly want from him? He snapped out of his thoughts when he got to the door to his office. Quiet conversation could be heard from inside. Zelo raised his fist to knock on the door when it opened. Scared, the headmasters assistant, gasped.

"Oh! It's just you, Zelo. Please go on in, the headmaster is waiting." She smiled lightly and widened the door a bit and stepped to the side. 

Zelo walked in and the assistant shut the door before walking away. When Zelo turned his attention to the inside of the room he saw everyone there except for Anu. That douche is always being the one to show up last. 

Taking a seat in a chair by the wall, his eyes scanned the room. It was very quiet and the air was stale, like the door hadn't been opened in a few years. Everyone's faces were stern, except for Faye, of course. She always had the brightest smile on her face. 

The door flung open to reveal Anu, one of the strongest in the school. He had some sweat on his face and he was breathing heavy.

"Sorry headmaster," He bowed his head, "I was all the way on the other side of the campus, I got here as fast as I could." Anu lifted up his head and waited for a response.

The headmaster nodded and motioned for him to sit in the chair next to Zelo's.

"Now, I bet all of you are wondering why your here, why I called you guys, of all people, down to my office." His eyes scanned our faces before he continued, "I would like to tell you guys that now." All of us nodded.

"I hope it is no secret to any of you that there is loads of missing persons and deaths in a town that is a few weeks walk away from here. We believe it is the doing of a big mob boss that is planning to take over our whole area. Word has gotten out that this person has an army that is growing faster than light travels. You five are our strongest and smartest bunch. With the way his army is growing it seems that we have to send out a group to put an end to this. We don't want anymore people dead that what already is. I have faith in you five to get the task done, and done correctly. You may decline but I hope none of you will. This is a very important mission and it is very risky. Some of you may die." Silence hung around, suffocating Zelo until Lillith spoke up.

" yeah! This is gonna be hella amazing! Woo!" She pumped her fist in the air while talking. Echo's eyes widened while she turned to stare at Lillith.

"What? I mean, I want to do this, but you're excited about the possibility of us dying, saying it will be 'hella amazing'? Wow, ok." Lillith sat down after Echo spoke. 

"So does that mean you guys take the mission?" The headmaster spoke again.

Zelo finally looked up from his lap and nodded his head vigorously. The headmaster saw him and nodded back, then turning to the others.

"Yes!" Lillith cheered.

"I guess." Faye sighed

"If Lillith and Faye are going then that means I have to." Echo facepalmed after she said that.

"Sure, it'll give me something to do." Anu shrugged. 

The headmaster clapped his hands loudly, managing to scare Zelo.

"Jesus, headmaster, scare me some more why don't ya?" Zelo snapped. The headmaster chuckled while the others stared at Zelo in shock.

"It talks... cool."  "Zelo?! Don't disrespect the headmaster!" Lillith and Faye said at the same time.

"It's all good Faye, the headmaster is Zelo's uncle." Anu informed. Faye's eyes widened more while she stared at the headmaster. The headmaster nodded once and scanned his eyes over the group once more. 

"Now that that is settled, all of you go home and get some rest and be back at the school tomorrow at 6am sharp for some more intense training. Goodbye"

 

Zelo stood up and grabbed his discarded bag by the door. Waving to the headmaster and his new teammates he left the room. On his way towards the door someone grabbed his shoulder. Zelo spun around and punched the person in the side, to hurt, but not damage the other person. 

"Ow, you douche, what the hell was that for?!" Anu exclaimed while holding the spot Zelo attacked. Zelo chuckled while putting an arm around Anu.

"I wanted to see if you were able to block an unexpected attack. It seems like you can't." Zelo laughed and walked ahead of Anu.

"You douche, I can too!" Anu laughed with him while he ran and caught up, walking beside him. 

Leaving the building proved difficult for Zelo and Anu as the students who hadn't left yet made it their life goal to ask the two why the headmaster wanted them. Many of the students thought that they had gotten in trouble for something but others wanted to know if they got a secret mission. They kept their mouths shut until they got on a bus to get home. 

 

"This is gonna be fricken scary but cool at the same time!" Anu whisper-yelled as to not disturb the sleeping person on his right. 

"Yeah, I wonder what reasons, other than our strength, headmaster sent us on this mission." Zelo expressed his thoughts, "Because even though we are hella strong and smart, we have no experience out in the field whatsoever." 

Anu shrugged but stayed totally silent. 

"Anyway, I can't wait for training!" A voice popped up behind them. They turned around to see Lillith.

"Yeah, me either Lil." Anu agreed.

 

 

A/N: Wow! I finished this quicker than I thought! I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! Please leave a comment! I have no clue when I will finish the second chapter so please be patient with me a little! See ya next time!