Moon's tired heart & Sun's oblivious heart

In my eyes, it's you. In my heart, it's you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Morning." Moonbyul who just freshly showered greet her fellow members who's currently busy eating their breakfast.

"Mhhm~" Her roommate, Wheein just replied with incoherent word as is kinda full with foods.

"Morning, unnie." Hwasa greet back with a small playful smile before she  continue munching on her food as well.

"Come here you. Eat your food quickly, we're running out of time." Yong leader patted an empty seat beside her and putting some foods on Moonbyul's plate before she handed it to the owner.

Moonbyul just smiled at her unnie seeing how she acted like a real mother among them four.

"Ne, Yong umma~"

**********

 

Once their schedule ended, the four girls get inside their management's van that will bring them back to their dorm.

They should be resting since the journey from Busan back to Seoul is pretty far. But it's not Mamamoo if they can stay still unmove for hours. Hwasa starts to turn on some music from her phone and move her body around following the beat. Her best friend who sit beside her also get affected and start to dance on her seat. The two unnies behind them just laugh seeing their maknaes look so funny and cute at the same time.

After the 5th song, the upbeat music has gone far and replaced by a mellow ballad. Solar took this opportunity to announce something important to her member that she loves so dearly.

 

"Yetera, i have something to announce." Solar began.

Moonbyul was looking at the view outside the window before she averted her focus to the older girl beside her.

Hwasa and Wheein also pay a full attention toward her unnie, waiting to hear what their unnie have to say.

"I.. will be on a variety show." Solar carefully said.

"Oh, that's good, unnie. Chukae!" Hwasa cheerfully said.

"Yeah, chukae Yongsun unnie." Wheein following suit.

"What variety show?" Moonbyul asked out of curiosity.

"We got married." Solar finally dropped the bomb.

"What?!" Her three members said in unison but with different thought in mind. Their reaction is somehow similar but also different.

Wheein is surprised that her oldest unnie will get married soon with God knows who. Hopefully with a good guy who can treat her unnie well. While Hwasa feel excited for her unnie new variety show, a famous one it is, that can potentially help Solar and also Mamamoo to get more popularity and acknowledgement from people. But she do feel a bit worry for her unnie since she'll be all alone in that variety show without any of her member beside her. Wheein also feel the same worry actually. But the two feel happy for their unnie's new 'project'.

While Moonbyul, she somehow feel not so happy after hearing the news. She feels worried that's for sure, because she doesn't know who is the man that will get paired up with her unnie. Can he take care of her unnie well? Can he protect her and entertain her when she feels bored? Can he make her laugh with his jokes and wittiness like what Moonbyul usually did? Can he make her happy? The funny thing here is that Moonbyul doesn't know whether she really wants that man to be able to make her unnie happy or not.

She wants Solar to be happy. But then, she feels uncomfortable at the thought of Solar feeling all comfortable and happy around this new mysterious guy. She doesn't really fond of the idea seeing Solar smile and laugh with him like a happy newly married couple in the dramas she ever watched. She also highly doubting him, or anyone, to take care of her unnie. So when the maknaes are rather feel happy for their unnie despite the little worries they have, Moonbyul is the only one who see it negatively. Completely negative with no positive side at all.

Solar can sense how Moonbyul's mood suddenly changed after she announced the news. While maknaes are being playful by keep teasing her and bombarding her with so many questions about their soon to be brother in law, Moonbyul keep quiet and looking out the window. Solar was waiting for any response from the taller girl beside her but there is none. Moonbyul didn't say a word for the rest of the ride. Maybe she's tired.. that's what Solar trying to make herself believe in because deep down inside she knows that's not the real reason. She has some guesses, a hunch you might called it, but she doesn't have a fix answer. So in the time being, she'll just waiting for Moonbyul to tell her the answer.

*****

 

Once they arrived in their dorm, Wheein and Moonbyul went inside their sharing room while Hwasa is making a warm milk for herself. Solar is in the bathroom to wash up herself before she go to bed. Once she's done with her before bed routine, she's heading back to her room. How surprised she is when she saw Moonbyul with her bare face and pajamas, standing in front of her bedroom, as if waiting for her.

"Byul-ah, why you're here? It's late already. You should go to bed and sleep." Solar just can't prevent herself from being caring in front of her member, especially Moon Byul Yi.

"I want to talk to you, unnie. Do you have time?"

"Ah, sure. Let's talk in the living room. I bet Wheein is already sleeping in your room while Hwasa does the same in mine."

"Sure. Let's go."

 

(In the living room)

"So, what is it, Byulie?"

"Who is it?"

"Huh?"

"Who is the man that will be your husband in WGM?"

"Ah.. you know him. Well, maybe not really personally know him but we met him before."

"Who is he? He better be a good guy." Moonbyul unconsciously greeted her teeth but unfortunately Solar is too ignorant and dense to realize.

"Well, he looks like one. It's Eric Nam."

"Oh."

"What?"

"What do you mean what?"

"What's wrong with your face? You don't like him or something?" Solar found it weird to see the harden expression instead of a happy smile on Moonbyul's face.

"Aniya, you were right. He looks like a good guy. It's just--"

"It's just?"

"Nothing. Forget it. It's late already, unnie. We should sleep. Good night, Yongsun unnie." Moonbyul stood up first from the sofa and leaned her body forward toward Solar to gave her a warm good night hug before she went inside her room, leaving Solar with her thought in the living room as she's watching Moonbyul's back before it vanished from her sight.

"You're confusing me, Moon Byulyi." Solar said lowly with a sigh.

*********

 

Moonbyul plopped down herself on her bed. She let out a sigh as she closed her tired eyes.

"Unnie? You're okay?" Asked Wheein from the lower bunk.

"Oh? I thought you’re asleep already. I'm okay, don't worry. Just sleep, Wheen-ah." Moonbyul replied.

"Arasseo. Unnie should too."

"I will. Good night, Jung Wheein."

"Hm.. good night, Byul unnie."

Moonbyul feels so exhausted, both physically and mentally. She really want to have some rest. A paceful rest for her aching body, her restless heart and tangled chaos mind. She really want to just sleep it off but her mind keep on betraying her by flooding her with overthink and worries.

 

(Moonbyul's POV)

I'm tired. I'm so tired.

And i think i'll just give up now.

 

I saw her first. I liked her first. I gathered up my courage to approached her first.

I care about her more. I worried about her more. I take care of her more. I love her more.

I always be the one who put more effort on this.

That's simply because it's just one-sided feeling.

 

I know it right from the start that sooner or later, this girl will be the death of me. When i first saw her, that was a certain mysterious attraction that draw me toward her. At first i tried to ignored that feeling and acted like a jerk in front of her subconsciously. You know how kid tends to annoyed the another kid, even make her cry, not because that kid hates her, but in fact that kid likes her so much but don't know how to get her attention. So that kid acted like a bad kid, annoyed her, disturbed her, steal her candy and made her cry, just so that kid can get her attention.

But when i know that she will be debuted in the same group with me, i know i'll get 'trapped' with her for a very, very long time, and me keep acting childishly like this will be pointless. So slowly i changed. Instead of acting like a jerk, i tried to approached her in a friendly way. I want to be her friend for real and get close to her. Luckily she kind enough to accept me as her friend with open hands. She's just an angel. And just like that, our friendship began. And at the same time, my unrequited love story too, began.

 

But i have hit my limit now. And i think i better stop. This feeling isn't healthy anymore. Well, it never was.

As hard as it might, i'll try to change and try my best to stop this feeling.

I can only bitterly smiled when i recalled every moments i shared with her. It was a mixture of happy and sad feeling. Because despite the warmth fluttering feeling she made me feel, i realized how she always be the one who broke our eye contact first, she always pulled her hand away from my hold first, she always took the step back and leave me first when i moved closer to her, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter