The mistake.

The dreaded marriage.

Jae Hwan and Sang Hyuk accidentally sat facing each other, as they sat in the clan’s dining room, just after the ceremony that wed Hong Bin to Taek Woon. The two vampires didn’t exchange a word since it neither the newlywed couple. Despite Hong Bin’s cheerful looking smile, an air of awkwardness wrapped his manners.

Meanwhile, Jae Hwan’s father observed how Sang Hyuk showed a cold expression whenever he looked ahead. He knew it broke the kid’s heart to be denied by someone he said was in love with, but he couldn’t truly believe that. Jae Hwan rarely left his side so when did they even fall in love?

They carried the conversation until it was time for them to go back to their clan’s mansion, and the man tried to pull his son when he noticed the man’s stiffness. “Do you desire some moments with your friends?” Jae Hwan didn’t even look at him and nodded, before standing to face Hong Bin and Sang Hyuk.

“I…” the man didn’t have time to talk because a man showed up and started flirting with Sang Hyuk all of sudden.

“Oh. Who is this beauty?” Sang Hyuk jumped and looked at the man who leaned too close to observe Hyuk’s face. “Such handsomeness… You better be free.” Hyuk blushed and smirked.

“Why? Having plans for me?” Jae Hwan tensed when the man pulled Hyuk away, and looked at Hong Bin who gave his “husband” a curious look.

“Cha Hak Yeon, he’s a tease so don’t mind his manners.” Taek Woon announced before looking at Hong Bin. “He’s already with someone.” Hong Bin scoffed looking away while he had been worried for his friend’s heart. He knew that Sang Hyuk wasn’t in the mood for a flirt.

And he wasn’t. Once he got in the room he was pulled in, all he saw was a TV and a video game on. “Join us!” The man hurried him and they sat by the side of someone who was lazily sipping from a blood bag. “I got us a new player.”

“Did the ceremony end?” they shared a nod while Sang Hyuk sat there awkwardly. “Call me Ravi. He’s N.”

“Ravi? N?” Hyuk looked at the said N and blinked when he noticed the expression in his face. “Nicknames?”

“Yes. Ravi don’t give his name to people he doesn’t trust.” N said with a smile. “I would like to share mine but my partner won’t like it.” Sang Hyuk stiffened as N made a spot in Ravi’s hold while the man offered him a joystick. “Join us.” N offered the joystick to Hyuk who stood to back face them.

“Can I go to a restroom?” his voice wavered and he stepped toward the door when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He soon noticed a beer bottle by his side and noticed Ravi offering it.

“Next door on your left.” It made Hyuk nod and he rushed out, swallowing his tears as he stood in the middle of the empty bathroom. He tried to breathe out his sobs but didn’t manage to and ended up crying in the room. He turned to notice Hak Yeon standing by the door with a towel. “Take a bath, Hyuk. It will make your heart at peace for a moment.” Hyuk nodded trying to hide his tears. He was left alone and soon got his awaited shower when a familiar voice was heard as he turned off the shower head.

He left the bathroom to find Hong Bin playing with Hak Yeon with no Ravi around. “Yah! That is cheating.” Hong Bin yelped while the other man laughed loud. He was half as he stood by his friend’s side. “Oh, Hyuk…”

“He’s gone?” Hong Bin nodded and Hyuk tried to be neutral about it but ended up shaken. “You knew it will hurt like this?” Hong Bin shook his head and pulled Hyuk to a hug.

“It’s ok, Sang Hyuk. Maybe you will find your real mate here.” Hyuk wanted to object but he just closed his eyes. A cough made the friends part away and they noticed a dark looking Taek Woon standing by their side. “I guess your room is set. I told them to give you a room near mine.” Suddenly the said Ravi showed up.

“The room is ready, sir.” Ravi serious tone made Hyuk felt judged. “Please follow me, Mr. Han.”

“Call me Sang Hyuk.” The man mumbled to Ravi as he followed the man out. “We are just best friends.” Ravi looked at him confusedly. “Hong Bin and I are just best friends.”

“I am not placed to judge on the matter.” Ravi left him at it and Hyuk stood in the cold room before going to the bed and buried himself in. Meanwhile, Taek Woon had held Hong Bin by the arm harshly while Hak Yeon was fast to sooth the scene.

“Your friend cried himself out for a long moment. Is he alright?” Hong Bin yanked his hand away from the tight grip.

“His only love denied him so he is heartbroken.” Hong Bin smiled to him. “I’m thankful for your friendliness and I hope you will keep trying on being friend with Hyuk. He is a good kid once you get to know him.”

“I’ll do my best.” Hak Yeon left the couple and Hong Bin glared on Taek Woon deadly.

“Better manage your manners with me, young boy.” Hong Bin’s voice was filled with venom. “You know very well that he is the only thing I have from my clan, and I have the right to show him friendly affections.”

“Friendly? Do you call that friendly?” Taek Woon hissed, pushing Hong Bin back. “What would you feel if I was hugging someone like that?”

“A little offended that I don’t know who is that someone, but if he is as close to you as Hyuk is to me, I won’t mind it.” Hong Bin crossed his arms. “Besides, you know very well who owns Sang Hyuk’s heart. You witnessed it by your own eyes.” Taek Woon’s eyes turned into thin lines before he looked at Hong Bin with shock. “I’ll go rest.” Hong Bin walked to the main room, as he went there before looking for Sang Hyuk. He undressed except from boxers and slid inside the warm covers. 

Unlike pure blooded vampires, he didn’t have to sleep, but did anyway to save energy. So, he was well aware when Taek Woon joined him in bed. The man was restless as Hong Bin laid like a corpse by his side. “I am sorry for acting harsh.” Hong Bin didn’t answer and kept his eyes closed when he felt Taek Woon creeping to check. “Really asleep? I thought turned in vampires never sleep.”

Hong Bin sighed, opening his eyes, and looking at Taek Woon who hovered at him with a warm expression. “I am not asleep, and I won’t forgive you easily.”

“Should I bow to you and beg for forgiveness?” Taek Woon’s expression hardened. Hong Bin smiled suddenly and it made Taek Woon push himself back.

Hong Bin sat up and looked at Taek Woon. “In order to make everything clear, I know that you being the son of this clan’s master it makes you the dominant, but I am the eldest and I demand the respect due to eldest people. Unless, you don’t have any regard to old members of your clan.”

“We do.” Taek Woon spoke in a mysterious manner. “Anything else.”

“I brought Sang Hyuk to heal his heart from his love, not to cheat on you with him. If you trust me on so, I am sure nobody will dare to think otherwise. And…” Hong Bin paused. “I want to be your right arm in anything you are assigned to do. I don’t want to be an object of collection in your saloon, Mister Jung. So you better give me a proper role.” Taek Woon kept looking at Hong Bin with the same intensity but his anger seemed to rise.

“A proper role? What do you think yourself are?” Taek Woon chuckled. “You are merely a guarantee that your clan will follow our will. Nothing else. If ever you had a role, it will for you to open your legs wide for me and to smile to my friends and relatives. Nothing more.”  Hong Bin’s expression went from horror, outrage, and hurt to lifelessness and Taek Woon didn’t notice. “Now shut up and let me sleep.” Taek Woon turned his back to Hong Bin and slept on his side, huffing but he didn’t notice that Hong Bin didn’t move.

The vampire felt humiliated, and the fact Taek Woon was the one who humiliated him was making it million times worse. He stayed still even when Taek Woon moved and rested his hand by his side. He stayed still until Taek Woon woke up the next morning. The man didn’t speak but clearly he was confused at why Hong Bin was there sitting still. Hong Bin didn’t move at all, even when Taek Woon left the bed and went to shower. Hong Bin stayed there even when his husband left the room for couple of hours.

It was enough to make Taek Woon notice, and wonder why the man was acting that way. He hardly could remember what they spoke about last night, probably because he drank a little more than usual. He met Sang Hyuk by Lunch, as Hak Yeon dragged him around with Won Shik, aka Ravi. The kid seemed smiling and happy as he met him but once Sang Hyuk’s eyes fell on his, a clear disgust wore the youngest face. “I don’t feel like eating, N Hyung. I will go back to my room.”

“No. You have to eat! You barely ate yesterday, I know that.” Hak Yeon insisted but he soon noticed Sang Hyuk’s stiffness and noticed Taek Woon approaching. “Oh. I see.” Hak Yeon faced Sang Hyuk. “Go to the dining room, Hyuk. I’ll fix this.” Sang Hyuk nearly spoke. “Go.” Hak Yeon seemed really serious about it as he held Taek Woon suddenly from the shirt and pushed to the way.

“What the , Hak Yeon.” Taek Woon tried to push Hak Yeon away but the man slammed him to the wall as hard as possible. “That ing hurt you dickhead!”

Hak Yeon smirked as he slammed Taek Woon again. “Oh, sorry. It does?” Hak Yeon’s tone was poisonous. “Too bad I’m not going to stop. And please go tell your father I did this to you, I’ll be delighted to tell him what you said to your husband.” Taek Woon gave him a dark expression. “The walls are thin, Mr. Jung. Everything you said to that poor man is heard, and sadly for you, by his best friend who may kill you in your sleep if he is given the chance.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Taek Woon said crossing his arms, no longer struggling.

“Where is your husband, now? Can you guess? I mean it will be easy since you told him what you really think he is worth.” Hak Yeon pushed Taek Woon away, almost making the man fall. “Go and apologize to your husband. He is older, but allowed you to toy him like that. I truly respect him for not killing you.” Hak Yeon left him and Taek Woon stood there confused.

“What did I even say?” He walked around the house, looking for Hong Bin but failed to. The man didn’t even show up in lunch, and nobody seemed to know where he was. He nearly gave up until he got in his room to change. Hong Bin was in the bed like he left him. Lifeless. “What are you doing here?”

Hong Bin didn’t answer at first but still looked at Taek Woon, with no clear emotion. “What do you want me to do?” The question shocked Taek Woon and he wanted to say something but chose otherwise and changed his clothes to leave.

He nearly did but stopped. “Whatever I did say to you yesterday was out of drunken state. I didn’t mean it.” Taek Woon said by pure courtesy. “I’m so sorry”

“You aren’t sorry…” Hong Bin’s voice broke. “You meant everything you said.” Taek Woon closed the door as he had nothing to say. Hong Bin went lifeless again, and didn’t move even when Taek Woon came to sleep in. they didn’t exchange words and Hong Bin stayed still while Taek Woon slept.

Teak Woon didn’t know what to say anyway. He wasn’t a man who apologize easily, but he knew he did something wrong. As he noticed that Hong Bin didn’t move from bed that day as well, he went to Sang Hyuk’s room.

“We need to talk.” Sang Hyuk was reading and he didn’t move from his bed as Taek Woon barged in. “What is happening to Hong Bin?”

It made Sang Hyuk look up. “You should check that by yourself.” The man looked back to his book. “After all, you are the reason why he is like that in first place.” Taek Woon crossed his arms, and glared at the man who didn’t budge. The man gave up and left the bedroom to his, only to notice that Hong Bin had took off his clothes, throwing them in the ground. It shocked the man who didn’t know if Hong Bin lost it or just because he felt suffocated the man took off everything.

“Go sleep with Sang Hyuk” Taek Woon’s order left his lips before he could think and Hong Bin looked hurt… and humiliated. He picked his clothes from the ground, shocking Taek Woon of his , and walked out to Sang Hyuk’s room. Taek Woon was glad nobody else sleeps in this area of the house. Meanwhile, Hong Bin’s face broke into humiliation and hurt while Sang Hyuk led him to bed and helped him to dress up.

“How do you feel?” Sang Hyuk spoke in a soft manner pushing Hong Bin to sit comfortably. “Hyung?” Hong Bin didn’t speak for a while and a tired Hyuk ended up sleeping, his head on Hong Bin’s lap.

“I am sorry to be this hurt, Hyuk. I’ve never felt that humiliated in my life.” Hong Bin’s voice shook as he spoke. “After all this time living with dignity and with respect I’m turned into a toy. After all this years, this is how I meet my soul mate and this is what I am in his eyes.” Hong Bin closed his eyes, holding himself from breathing to ease the pain he felt and hold tears. “After all this time hoping I’ll find love… this is how I end up.”

The next day, Sang Hyuk managed to make him move. Hong Bin was too thirsty and blood deprived to refuse anyway. “You need to drink.” Hong Bin nodded at that, he could see sense it tearing him apart, and people seemed to notice how fluorescent red they became. The usual golden brown his eyes had is no longer there. Taek Woon and Hong Bin met up but much to Taek Woon’s surprise Hong Bin didn’t seem to notice him.

“Brother.” Taek Woon looked back to his older brother, who seemed disappointed for some reasons. “Dad is asking for you, urgently.” Taek Woon felt like whatever he did grew to a very dangerous level.