Clouded

Everything is Blue

"Joshua, I'm sorry." Jeonghan said, opening the door to their room.

Joshua looked up from his laptop and smiled. He had always been forgiving towards his friend, he understood that Jeonghan snapped sometimes but he always came back to apologise. Whenever Jeonghan got mad, Joshua knew that he didn't mean it. Traumas were known to result in anger issues but Jeoghan's were only mild as he never physically hurt anyone, he'd just shout and have to leave for a few hours.

"I'm glad you're back," Joshua closed his laptop. "And I know, but it's okay. You didn't mean it." 

Jeonghan nodded and walked over to where Joshua was and sat next to him. "I got you this to apologise." He handed over the paper bag that carried the manga he'd bought for Joshua earlier. 

Joshua took the bag and peeped into it. "You got me a book?" He half laughed and raised an eyebrow.

Nodding, Jeonghan smiled at Joshua's question. "Yes, I know you like reading." 

Joshua pulled the manga out from the bag and his half smile turned into a wide grin. "Wow, I've been meaning to get myself this but I never got round to it," he took his eyes off the manga and looked an Jeonghan. "Thank you so much, Jeonghan." He pulled the older boy into a hug and then put the manga down.

"I thought you would like it." Jeonghan said, pushing a stray hair behind his ear. His hair had started to come out of the band that was holding it in a low pony tail. He removed the band and run a hand through his hair in attempt to untangle it. 

"So did you see anyone while you were out?" Joshua asked suddenly. Well, it wasn't particularly 'suddenly' as Joshua asked this every time that Jeonghan went out. The answer was always 'no' because he rarely saw anyone he knew outside of art college in town. But this time Jeonghan had seen someone he knew. He'd even spoken to him.

"No." He lied, looking at the floor and started to fiddle with his now loose hair.

Joshua cocked his head. "Are you sure?" 

"Yes, you know that I never see anyone." Jeonghan felt himself going red.

"And I also know when you're lying." Joshua said softly. That was how Jeonghan had to be spoken to. You could never shout at him, he could bare that.

Jeonghan sighed.

"Who did you see, Jeonghan?" 

"No one." Jeonghan blushed a deeper shade of red.

"Do I know them?" 

"Joshua, I didn't see anyone!" Jeonghan's voice raised slightly.

"By the way you're blushing, I'd assume it was a guy." 

'Joshua, I swear to god!" Jeonghan exclaimed, now trying to hide his face with his hair because of the extent of his blushing. 

Joshua smirked. "What's his name?"

Jeonghan sighed deeply. He knew that Joshua wouldn't give up now. "His name is Seungcheol." 

The room went silent as Joshua tried to think of where he'd heard that name before but he couldn't quite figure it out. He brought his thoughts back to Jeonghan and smiled. "Why didn't you just tell me?" 

"I just didn't think you needed to know." Replied Jeonghan. 

Comfortingly, Joshua put his arm around Jeonghan. "Well I wanted to know. And anyway, I could help you two get together." 

Jeonghan shook his head. "No, I don't want to be with him, he's probably not into guys." 

Joshua shrugged. "Well you don't know until you ask." 

A sarcastic laugh escaped from Jeonghan's mouth. "That's pathetic, I can't go up to him and ask him that." 

Of course Jeonghan would be nervous of asking Seungcheol this. Maybe he might get the wrong idea, it could come off as rude. And anyway, what would Jeonghan do if he said that he wasn't straight? How would he react to that? 

"Then get to know him first. Do you know where he lives or studies?" Asked Joshua.

Jeonghan shook his head to say no, playing the with end of his hair. "Well I know where he works. He works in the bookshop where I bought your manga. That's why I took so long. I was talking to him, but I met him the other week in a coffee shop. He was interested in my art. I'm not sure why, my art isn't good. I mean there's a lot I have to learn and I'm not that good at anatomy or-"

"Jeonghan, this isn't the time to rant about your art skills," Joshua cut him off. "But anyway, since you know where he works then why don't you go there tomorrow? Which book shop is it?" 

Jeonghan shrugged. "I'm not sure what it's called but it's on the Main Street in town." 

"Carat Books? Jihoon in my music class works there part time." Joshua said thoughtfully.

Odd name for a bookshop, Jeonghan thought. But he realised that the bookshop was called that, he'd just forgotten. Maybe his memory was going again? That would be ridiculous, he was just overthinking again.

"We can go there tomorrow if you like, I'll come with you in case you don't want to go alone." Joshua offered. 

I wave of nervousness came over Jeonghan. He'd be seeing Seungcheol tomorrow? What would he say to him? What if he didn't act the same? Jeonghan realised that having a crush was difficult, he hadn't liked anyone like this for as long as he can remember. 

"I wouldn't know what to say to him, I always freeze up around him." Jeonghan confessed.

It was true, it was just a new feeling that was all. It was odd for him to have fallen this hard for someone at all, let alone after two meetings. 

"Well that's okay, I can go with you and help the conversation along if you freeze." 

"That would be helpful." 

Joshua nodded. "Okay, we'll see him tomorrow. But it's late now." Joshua eyed the clock. "We should sleep." 

Jeonghan obeyed and they both got ready for bed. Although Jeongan's mind was full of different versions of how tomorrow could go. But only one of them could be true.