Blue

Everything is Blue

A/N Thank you for taking an interest in my story! I'll try and update frequently but idk, I usually only write when I'm in the mood. 
Also be prepared for some platonic Jihan in this fic.

A week had passed after Jeonghan had met Seungcheol. He could say that he'd forgotten about the meeting but that would be a lie. Seungcheol hadn't left Jeonghan's mind once over the week and Jeonghan had found himself doodling the man into his sketchbook.

Everyday, Jeonghan returned to the coffee shop that they met at but he'd never seen him again. It was only a week but he was already missing Seungcheol. He knew how ridiculous it sounded: missing a man who you met once. Jeonghan only knew the man's name, nothing else. Oh and that he liked his art. 

"Hey, you've been distant lately." Joshua piped up, snapping Jeonghan out of his thoughts of Seungcheol.

"I'm always distant." Jeonghan replied, closing his sketchbook to where he'd been doodling the pretty eyes of the boy he'd only met once.

Joshua rolled his eyes and chuckled."You're more distant than usual," he shrugged. "What's happened?" 

Jeonghan eyed the ground. His roommate was always this nosey, and as much as he liked Joshua and appreciated him as a friend, Jeonghan wished he wasn't always like this and just let Jeonghan be. "It's just the accident." He lied. Although, it often was the accident. Just not this time, his mind had been taken up by an attractive man with dark hair and pretty lips. 

Joshua often didn't know what to do. There wasn't much he could do except give his friend a hug and tell him that it would get better one day, and Jeonghan would get all his memories back. He'd come so far in just two years, but it was difficult and Joshua knew that his friend would never fully recover. 

"I see," Joshua said. "Well if you need to talk-" 

"I know," he was interrupted by Jeonghan. "Joshua, you tell me this every time. It doesn't change anything." 

Joshua looked down and started to pick at his fingernails. "I was just trying to help." He said in almost a whisper.

"But you don't understand, do you?" Jeonghan snapped, standing up from his bed. "It really doesn't." He started to head towards the exit of their dorm. 

"Jeonghan, I'm sorry." Joshua apologised but Jeonghan was already closing the door.

Slightly annoyed with himself, Jeongan needed some time out and away from Joshua. He always did this when they had an argument, which was usually Jeonghan's fault and more of Jeonghan just snapping at Joshua than an actual argument.

But it didn't matter, of course he felt bad about it. Joshua was just trying to help. 

Jeonghan had met Joshua at art college when they were both eighteen. Jeonghan was studying comic art whereas Joshua studied fine art. They were roommates but Jeonghan was extremely cagey when they had first met. It wasn't long after the accident so Jeongan was pretty much lost. 

Joshua had been told about Jeonghan's situation and that he was getting regular therapy. They explained that he had lost four years of his memories but he was remembering a bit more each day, they also said that they weren't going to let him into university but since art helped him, and his memory loss hasn't affected his art skills, it was alright. 

Joshua had always tried to be friendly towards him, although it was difficult at first as Jeonghan didn't say anything to anyone for the first few weeks. He just sat on his bed sketching.

But after a few moths, Joshua began to get responses from him. At first it was just one word replies. As time passed, the two became friends and after a year, Jeonghan told Joshua what had happened in the accident. He hadn't told anyone before. In fact, Jeonghan didn't really know what had happened in the accident since he could only remember fragments of it, but Joshua hadn't been told what happened from Jeonghan's point of view. 

The night that Jeonghan had told Joshua of what happened, Joshua held onto him and didn't let go the entire evening. They'd slept together that night, not in an intimate way of course, but Joshua had fallen asleep while cuddling into Jeonghan and he just let Joshua stay there. It didn't phase him. Jeonghan fell asleep a little while after that.

Jeonghan always saw his love for Joshua as nothing more than platonic and Joshua had felt the same. Joshua was straight anyway, Jeonghan wasn't and Joshua knew that. He was originally hesitant about telling him, what if Joshua didn't want to be his friend? But after Jeonghan had told him, nothing changed. Jeonghan knew that, deep down he knew that Joshua wouldn't be like that. He had just overthought the whole thing.

When Jeonghan remembered how good Joshua was to him, he immediately felt bad about snapping at him. He hadn't meant to. He just did it at the time.

Perhaps he should but him a gift to apologise. Jeonghan had just walked in front of a bookshop when he realised that that's what he should do. Joshua always loved books, so Jeonghan was going to buy him a book.

He stepped into the shop and was met with dark hair, an attractive face and pretty lips.

"Jeonghan!" Seungcheol smiled.

Jeonghan was stunned, he never thought he'd see Seungcheol again and there he was standing in front of him.

"Hello, Seungcheol." Said Jeonghan, still not really believing that Seungcheol was actually there, standing in front of him.

"What brought you here?" He questioned.

"I'm here to buy books, like what people usually do in a book shop." Jeonghan didn't mean for it to come out like this, almost arrogant. 

Seungcheol laughed at his comment. "Well, true, except I'm not here to buy books, I'm here to sell them to you." 

Jeonghan didn't know that Seungcheol worked in a book shop but he was glad he did. It meant he knew where Seungcheol worked so that he could see him whenever he wanted. "So what are you looking for?" Seungcheol asked.

"Manga, for a friend." He replied.

Seungcheol nodded and smiled. "Follow me." 

Jeonghan obeyed and followed Seungcheol up the stairs to the first floor.

He noticed that although Seungcheol wasn't wearing blue, he seemed to have his aura about him that was that colour. Just like how Jeonghan was grey, Seungcheol was blue, it just fit. Not blue as in the sad feeling, blue as in the colour of the sky and how open and endless if looks; and the colour off the see and how deep it is. Seungcheol was everything wonderful about the colour blue.

"Here's the manga section," He said, gesturing to the few tables piled with manga upon manga. "What does your friend like to read?"

"I think he likes One Piece, he said that he only had Volume One." Jeonghan explained, hoping that it was the right manga that he was thinking of.

Seungcheol nodded and scanned over the pile. He picked up the second volume of One Piece and handed it to Jeonghan. "I don't read much of One Piece, but I've heard it's good." 

Jeonghan took the manga. "I prefer stuff like Death Note, I've watched some of the anime." 

"I don't read manga, to be honest. It's just  load of pictures." Seungcheol laughed to take away the fact that he was being harsh.

Jeonghan laughed too. "Yeah, I get it," He said, eyeing the floor. "So what section do you work around in here?" This was weird, Jeonghan was actually making an effort to talk to someone for once.

"I usually work in the music section, but some of our staff aren't here today so they left me to do everything." He joked.

Jeonghan smiled. "I see."

"Seungcheol?" A voice called from behind a bookshelf. "Can you get here for a minute?" 

Seungcheol sighed deeply and ran a hand through his hair. He looked at Jeonghan. "I need to go and help Jihoon, he's not tall enough to reach the high shelves so I have to help him," He half smiled. "I'll see you later, okay." Seungcheol touched Jeonghan's shoulder and then walked off.

There it is again. Jeonghan thought. "I'll see you later."