Don't forget to close your eyes

Our Memories

Chorong felt as if her heart had been stabbed. She knew Eunji for a very short time, but still the youngest had been able to conquer her quickly. Eunji's smile could be considered one of her weaknesses. The curvace that her eyes make when smiling and the sincerity carried in her gaze were able to conquer the oldest from the very first moment. Since that flash accidentally shot at the Louvre. And now, after Eunji whispered to Chorong not to leave her, how could she resist? Even if she did try, Chorong would never be able to leave Eunji, even if it was so suddenly and spontaneously. Chorong promised herself never to abandon the latter who was now sleeping hugging her.

"I promise I won't" Chorong whispered back to Eunji.

                                   ×××

Eunji could not see anything in front of her. She blinked frantically to clear her vision and saw a huge and green field filled with lots of flowers. It looked like a secret garden. In the distance it was possible to see the silhouette of a woman.

"Chorong?" Eunji yelled.

Nothing happened. The woman did not turn to look, she was standing still. Eunji ran towards her.

"Chorong-ah!" Eunji screamed once more.

This time the woman turned around and Eunji confirmed what she had thought: it was Chorong indeed. The younger one ran towards Chorong, but even running she seemed to be standing in the same place. Chorong, who watched her run all this time, stood up. Eunji stopped running to catch her breath, waiting for Chorong to go towards her, but contrary to what she expected, the latter just turned around, walking away from Eunji, who now felt tears streaming down her face. Eunji somehow could not stand up anymore, feeling her knees aching from the friction with the grass caused during the fall.

"Don't leave me, please” Eunji said in vain to Chorong, who disappeared far away.

    
                                              ×××

Chorong felt her arm tighten by Eunji, maybe she was having a nightmare and was scared. The older girl wrapped the latter in her arms, saying "I'm here" a couple times.

After some time, Eunji woke up but did not move an inch, she wanted to enjoy this short amount of time she was having so close to Chorong, who was caressing her back.

Chorong noticed that Eunji was awake but pretended not to have noticed. Was it wrong to want to stay close to her?

Eunji and Chorong stood the way they were, without exchanging words, enjoying the remaining time left until the train reached the station.

As the train slowed its speed down, Eunji stretched herself out as if she waking up at that moment. Chorong watched her and could not help but laugh. Eunji looked at her and smiled. Watching Chorong's eyes get cutely smaller as she laughed entered Eunji's list of best things in life.

                                   ×××

On the way to the hotel, few words were said but, on the other hand, many glances were exchanged. Eunji could not help but smile every time Chorong looked at her. The lost Koreans among many Europeans entered the hotel elevator.

"Eunji-ah, are you going to do something now?"

"Throw me in bed and see the photos again" Eunji said and laughed as she remembered the day before.

"I have some paintings here" Chorong said, and the elevator doors opened. "Would you like to see?"

"Of course!" Eunji said and then her wrist was quickly grabbed by Chorong, who was pulling her excitedly down the hall.

Chorong's room was impeccable, everything was extremely organized. She felt ashamed to remember the state in which she had left her room before leaving for Versailles. Chorong disappeared for a moment, then returned with her paintings. Eunji was amazed on how beautiful and rich in details were Chorong's creations. Extremely sensitive, she would say.

"What do you think?" Chorong asked biting her lower lip prettily apprehensive.

"I..." Eunji could not answer her since she was too busy staring at her biting her lip. How could Eunji stay in full sanity if Chorong kept doing that?

"Eunji-ah?" Chorong approached Eunji and waved at her, trying to figure out what had happened to the younger one. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am. It's just that I... I was so mesmerized by your paintings” Eunji replied, embarrassed, thinking of Chorong's lips and about what would it be like to touch them.

Chorong's lips are not thin and very small, nor are they excessively large. They are, in their simplest form, perfect. A ticket to heaven, just like the one that owns them. Eunji was still staring at Chorong's lips, the ticket to heaven she longed to taste. The slightly rosy natural toned lips that seems to have been painted by a great painter like Picasso or Da Vinci, which should taste as sweet as the voice that comes out of them.

"Eunji-ah, are you sure you're alright?" Chorong asked, causing the latter to awaken from her reverie.

"I am, but your paintings are really wonderful!" Eunji said to try to disguise the embarrassing situation.

"Thank you so much, Eunji-ah. What if we see the photos now? If you want to, we can throw ourselves in bed too, just like you said you would” Chorong said gently touching the tip of Eunji's nose.

"S-Sure," Eunji said. It was getting harder to stay sane next to Chorong. Was she deliberately teasing her?

 

Chorong sat on the bed and gestured for the youngest to join her. Eunji sat down beside her and took the camera from her purse. The first photo of the day was the one where Chorong was sitting with her cell phone in hands while they waited for the train to go to Versailles. Then photos of the station, the rails, distracted people and more photos of Chorong, already on the train. After many photos of Chorong, some of Eunji appeared, those were took by the older one.

The night was followed by more photos and lots of conversation. Eunji only realized that she had been in Chorong's room for a long time when she saw the sun appear timidly that morning. The young one, again, lost another night's sleep, being, again, Chorong the cause. If so, Eunji would not mind how many nights she'd miss, what she really counted on at that moment was being with the black haired girl.

"I better go to my room, I have to recover another night I spent awake” Eunji said giggled.

"Yeah, I need to sleep for a while too... But why would this be another night you spent awake?" Chorong asked, tilting her head slightly.

Congratulations, Eunji! As always, you spoke and spoke more than you should! What should I say? "Oh, I was awake because I kept thinking of you" she thought. Eunji could not say that at all. First of all, it would be the most embarrassing thing in her life - not to mention the accidental flash shot on Louvre-; Secondly, Chorong could walk away from her and that's what she less wants.

"Eh, I..." Eunji stammered again, unable to control the Chorong effect on her. "I could not sleep well, I guess it's the time zone, that's why I was almost sleeping in the hotel cafeteria when you found me”.

"Yeah, the time zone destroyed me the first few days” Chorong nodded.

Eunji shyly smiled and gave Chorong a quick hug as a goodbye. The feeling of leaning against Chorong's body was unexplainable and extremely pleasurable. It was just a hug but Eunji felt herself on the clouds.

The younger could not stop smiling, even after finding her mess scattered around the room. Eunji had never felt so good since she moved to Seoul, being with Chorong made her feel complete.



                                          ×××



Eunji woke up to the sound of her cell phone ringing. She picked it up and smiled at the sight of Chorong's name on the screen.

"Eunji-ah, are you still asleep?"

"I just woke up" Eunji said, still sleepy. "What time is it?"

"It's five o'clock”

"Are you serious, is it 5pm?"

"Eunji-ah, haven't you had lunch yet?"

"No, I just woke up, Rong-ah”

"Then let's have lunch together, I want to take you to a special place!" Chorong said almost causing Eunji to jump, in the literal sense of the word.

"And what special place is that?" The younger girl could not hide her curiosity.

"It's a surprise Eunji-ah, I can not tell you”

Eunji muttered a okay and both of them went to have lunch. In the end of the afternoon. The youngest could only think of where Chorong wanted to take her. What kind of special place? And why was Chorong being so mysterious? Eunji thought of all the places Chorong might take her in Paris, some tourist spot or some little-known place perhaps. There were many possibilities and Eunji didn't know at all. After their lunch, Chorong took Eunji to a mall downtown. Somehow the youngest felt that this was not the place Chorong was referring to. After all, what would be so special about shopping in such a big city? The only difference was the language. Every mall in every city has always seemed the same to Eunji.



The hours passed and nothing changed. Eunji and Chorong were still at the mall. The stores were almost closing, there will be only a few places open, it would be all deserted, and there would be only a few people remaining. Had Eunji been wrong thinking that the mall was not the special place? Her cell phone clock was showing it was almost ten at night.


“Eunji-ah, shall we go? This is the perfect time” Chorong said.

“Where are we going, Rong?” Eunji became more curious than before.

“I told you it's a surprise. If I tell you it won’t be a surprise anymore”

Eunji gave up and decided to wait to find out, but she could not hide her anxiety, which grew with each passing minute. The youngest followed in Chorong's footsteps. They left the mall and headed for the subway, which would take them to the special location. As they reached the intended subway station, Eunji felt her heart racing.

"When we get on the street you'll soon find out what it is and where it is, Eunji-ah," Chorong said, smiling at the latter.

Eunji could not help but smile at her. Chorong looked at her anxiously, analyzing her face expressions, hoping the youngest would soon notice where they were.

“I. CAN'T. BELIEVE!” Eunji said with a wide smile plastered on her face.

As they left the subway station, Eunji rapidly saw the Eiffel Tower. Was this Chorong’s special place?

"I told you'd find out soon" Chorong giggled.

Eunji felt a shiver run down her body as Chorong pulled her by the hand, running towards the Eiffel Tower. Chorong led her as they climbed to the second floor of the tower. With her camera in hands, Eunji took every angle she was given, photographing everything around them. Chorong stared at the view and used her cell phone to take some pictures.

"It's kinda strange not to have many people around, isn’t it? I mean, it's great for the photos but it's one of the most popular attractions in town” Eunji said.

"That's why we came at this time, Eunji-ah. Let's go to the top floor" Chorong said, taking the latter’s hand.

The Parisian sky was clean, covered only by stars. As they reached the top of the Eiffel Tower, Eunji and Chorong were mesmerized by the sight of Paris’ night. The city seemed much smaller, its view was much more charming compared to one provided on the second floor. Maybe it was because Eunji found it was cute to watch people in the distance, as if they were miniatures. Or perhaps because everything in Chorong's company became more beautiful. The younger girl was now experiencing something she had never imagined: she had the best companion she could possibly have, in the most special place she could be at. To take a closer look at Paris's exciting night-time, Eunji leaned her arms on the parapet, being copied by Chorong, who leaned her head on Eunji's shoulder.

No words were needed at that moment. It was not the Eiffel Tower or the especially starry sky of that night that made the moment unique. Just by being together made everything special.

"Eunji-ah," Chorong said standing up again, getting Eunji's attention.

Chorong's dark eyes amazed the youngest, who was staring at her. These mysterious pair of eyes were driving her crazy. These eyes were getting closer and closer. Eunji did not understand at first but she only realized why when her eyes naturally closed. Soon she understood what was happening, and the pieces of this puzzle was now fitting together, just like Chorong's lips onto hers.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N: IT'S BEEN 84 YEARS. Yall might've forgotten everything I wrote in this ff but guess what haha I didn't forget and I hope y'all remember a little, idk... Anyway, I hope I don't get killed bcs of the way this chapter ended and I also hope y'all liked it ^^

have a nice day~~

 

and S O R R Y for taking so long ㅠㅠ