Don't sleep at the hotel's cafeteria

Our Memories

Eunji couldn't even move a muscle. What would she say? "Nice to meet you, I'm Jeong Eunji, you're really beautiful and I wanted to take a picture of you but I forgot to turn the flash off". No. No way she could say something like this, her thoughts were coming onto her mind crazily and, even after this, that girl was still staring at her.

 

- It's okay, then - The girl finally said, smiling to Eunji.

 

Did I say something?, Eunji thought, relaxing because she probably have apologized or so.

 

- Can I see the picture? - The girl asked.

 

- Hmm, sure - Eunji said putting the camera in her hands. The other girl was looking at it, smiling softly.

 

Eunji was observing that girl. Her light brown hair was perfectly falling on her shoulders, her bangs came down until her eyebrows, in a way that won't bother her eyes. The girl seemed to be created in a laboratory, she was extremely perfect. Her body might have been calculated to be like this.

 

- Are you a photographer? Or is it just a hobby? - The girl asked.

 

- I'm a photographer. Well, at least that's what I've been trying to do since I moved to Seoul. What about you?

 

- I also live in Seoul, but I came to Paris to visit The Louvre, it's my dream since I was a kid, once I paint and draw. You're really good with your pictures, Eunji! - The girl said making Eunji's eyes wider.

 

- How do you know my name? - She asked desperately, afraid of the answer.

 

- You just told me, and, by the way, my name's Chorong. Park Chorong.

 

Eunji smiled nervously. Chorong confirmed what she was most scared of by that moment: she indeed have said what she thought. But why did Chorong still talk to her even though she said that?

 

Eunji's thoughts were, once again, driving her crazy. She silently asked for something to distract both of them of that embarrassing situation. Anything that would be able to make her forget that Chorong heard what she said. Right after that, a cellphone started to ring. It was Chorong's phone. Eunji silently thanked for that little bit of luck that she had.

 

- I'll be right back, Eunji. - Chorong said with the phone in her hands, answering the call.

 

Eunji just nodded her head and Chorong left for a moment. The younger watched her disappearing among all the other tourists.

 

- These pictures won't be taken by itself, right? - Eunji said looking at her beloved camera.

 

The Louvre became then crowded, Eunji couldn't take pictures easily now. She had to face a small queue to get closer to a painting and finally be able to shoot. She also couldn't find Chorong, as the time passed, there were more and more people.

 

Because of her size, many people pushed Eunji. They didn't notice that small girl with her camera in the middle of that amount of people excited to see the masterpieces. Now Eunji was able to see many people but the problem is that none of them were Chorong. Why am I thinking so much about her? It was just an unexpected encounter. I won't see her again, by the way, how small are the chances for me to meet her again in Paris?, she thought.

 

Eunji was still shooting around for a long time, but yet, she didn't have any sign of Chorong. She, then, went to the Arc de Triomphe, and after that, to downtown, to completely fill her camera's memory card.

 

Traveling was on top of Eunji's "Best Things To Be Done" list. That indescribable sensation of meeting new places, seeing new faces and hearing words which are unknown for you... That's the sensation Eunji looks for whenever she gets onto a bus, a train or a plane, exploring new places, relishing new foods and meeting new cultures.

 

- And now a little rest for these small and tired legs - Eunji said, laughing of herself soon arriving at the hotel. She was used to spend her time alone, being her camera the best companion she could have, and probably the only one she had.

 

Since she left Busan to chase her dream, or maybe better opportunities, in Seoul, Eunji became a lonely person. Talking to herself and chatting with the camera were workaday things, as she was always alone, she didn't mind and also wouldn't hear any complaints.

 

Eunji, laying in the bed, took the camera to see the pictures of that day. The first one was of her breakfast, which she quickly ate before going to The Louvre. A distracted person reading the newspaper, a little rock on the floor, flowers, a dog that seemed to be smiling, couples near a pyramidal construction. The Louvre. After those, there were pictures of the museum's exterior and then some of the paintings.

 

Eunji smiled when she saw Liberty Leading The People, now frozen in her beloved camera, but what really made her heart beat faster was that picture of a certain girl who was too bright because she forgot to turn the flash off. Chorong.

 

Her finger was sliding on the camera's screen, where the image of an almost white Chorong smiling to the painting in front of her was being shown. Eunji forced herself to turn off the camera and go to sleep.

 

 

In the next morning, Eunji took a long time to go to the hotel's cafeteria. Her steps were too slow and she was still sleepy. She slept badly. Really badly. Her mind didn't stop for a second, didn't let Chorong go of her head. Chorong. Eunji looked down to the dish disgustedly. Here I am thinking about you again, Chorong!, Eunji thought and sighed. She wasn't really hungry and she kept staring at the food on her dish, eating sometimes.

 

You could've said a goodbye, at least..., she thought. Her head, being supported by her hand, was slowly falling. Her eyes were getting closed gradually. A known light made Eunji wake up quickly. She suddenly opened her eyes and saw a phone near her face. Then, she saw who was holding the phone and was also smiling, what caused that pair of small eyes get even more cute than ever.

 

 

- Chorong?!

 

 

 

 

A/N: Heeeey, here I am again! Okay, I know it's been a quite long but I'm studying so much, I'm sorry >< Anyway, I made some changes, what once was the foreword for you was actually the first chapter, but now it's all fixed! I just wanna thank everyone who read and subscribed and commented (THAAANKS!). I hope you liked it! ^^ Oh, and feel free to comment or to suggest anything, even if it's something about the grammar or if it's about plants ;) (and there's my twitter too, @ewnrong ><) Thanks for reading it! ♥