Chapter 47

Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You don’t have to”

He chuckled. “Why are you declining my offer now that we’re here?”

I sighed. Well, maybe because my mind was a bit off lately. I blame you for that, Jung Hoseok. “You have to go back there”

“Why?”

He still didn’t bother turning around to face me. I can see how his arms are moving from his backside but I can’t tell what he’s doing.

I shrugged even though he can’t see me. “The class is waiting”

Silence engulfed the room as he didn’t reply after that. I clenched the soft sheets of the bed I’m currently sitting on, feeling anxious and awkward being in the same room as him. The uncomfortable silence didn’t help a bit.

It’s not purely silence, though. I could hear the faint ruckus of the students playing soccer outside, the constant blow of the coaches in their whistles and the sound of the soft breeze entering the room through the open windows, causing the curtains to flap wildly. There were indecipherable sounds from the medicine cabinet, too where Hoseok is currently working with something.

“Hey, Subin-ssi”

I literally jumped in surprise but I’m glad that a second after, I was able to get a grip of myself and hide my little surprise. “What is it… seonsaengnim?”

My tone in saying ‘what is it’ sounded a bit rude so I added the honorifics to show him that I didn’t mean to sound that way.

I don’t know if it’s just my imagination or he really did flinch at my mention of the word. But either way, I just looked outside the window to stop staring at his lean figure.

Damn those biceps.

He cleared his throat before saying, “Why are you so clumsy?”

Upon hearing this, my head snapped to look at his direction. I was genuinely surprised (again) to find him already looking at me with, what I assume, is an unused bandage in his hand. “I’m not… clumsy”

Instead of replying, he walked to my bed and sat beside me, of course, with quite a distance between us.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter