21.0

Rivals

"Hyung." Mingyu calls out as he sees Jihoon and Wonwoo at their lockers respectively. Both of them turns their head towards him.

"Hey." Both of them reply simultaneosly.

Wonwoo suddenly feels awkward but Jihoon continue acting normally. Mingyu walks to Wonwoo and lean againts the locker beside him.

"Hyung it's your turn for detention today." Mingyu says as he pouts.

"Yeah, but why are you the one pouting?" Wonwoo asks.

"He got a discipline mark yesterday." Jihoon says, snickering. He then hands in Mingyu's sweater to him which Mingyu accpets wih a smile.

"Thanks Gyu." He adds. Wonwoo eye them suspiciously.

"Why?" He asks.

"I helped Jihoon hyung yesterday and the teacher gave us permission skip detention for that. But this hyper hyung played with water and let's just say that it didn't end in a good way." Mingyu says, pulling Jihoon closer to him and ruffle his hair. Jihoon playfully glare at him but did not push him away. Instead, he smiles and lean closer to Mingyu. Wonwoo watch them quiely, but he couldn't shake off the anger and something weird bubbling inside him. 

"Mingyu" Soonyoung yells as he runs to them. The three of them turns their heads to him. 

"Oh hyung. What's wrong?" Mingyu asks innocenly. Jihoon fidget nervously because Mingyu didn't le him go. He wasn't feeling anyhing just now but somehow everything feels wrong when he sees Soonyoung.

"A-ah. Seungcheol calls us for club meeting for the upcoming competition." Soonyoung says, his eyes move back and forth from Jihoon to Wonwoo. Soonyoung can see Wonwoo's tight expression really well and suddenly he's angry at Jihoon. Jihoon should understand Wonwoo more but no, he's just selfish. To Soonyoung, Jihoon is just using Mingyu to make him jealous. Soonyoung clench his teeth and pull Mingyu away, leaving Jihoon and Wonwoo behind. He make a mental note to teach Jihoon a lesson after this. 


Mingyu sighs as he puts his books in the locker. His schedule is very tight. Just now, Seungcheol has confirmed that the basketball match will be held three weeks from now. But he's going to have the first term exam in two weeks. So that means this week and next week will be packed with studying and practising. Then the exam week which will require him to be fully focus on study and lastly a few days of more practices until friday night. He sighs again. All the plans that Jihoon and him planned  are going to have to wait at least four weeks from now. 

He was so excited yesterday when Jihoon announced that he was going to help Mingyu to get Wonwoo. They had plan it on the spot, twisting and squeezing their brain. Mingyu smiles. Jihoon is really a good friend and brother. Because of Jihoon, Mingyu realizes his true feelings about Wonwoo. Mingyu is sure that as long as Jihoon is willing to help him, he can get Wonwoo to like him back sooner or later.

Despite all this, Mingyu still remembers about Jihoon and Soonyoung. He can feel anger building up inside him. How can Soonyoung left Jihoon because of one misunderstanding? Mingyu will never understand that. But he's determined to make them get back together. And Mingyu has made a final decision.

He will make Jihoon and Soonyoung get back together instead of him and Wonwoo using the plan that they made. Although Mingyu really wants to be with Wonwoo, he's sure he can handle the situation. He'll try to keep Wonwoo in his grasp while making Soonyoung realizes his mistakes before it's too late. And not to mention, he knows really well about Seungcheol and Jeonghan's problem. He sighs. Nevermind. He'll settle it one by one. 


Wonwoo walks alone to the detention room. His eyes migh look at the front but his mind has gone to Mingyu. He heard from Jihoon that Mingyu and the others will start having practice for their basketball match from now on. But they will still attend detention according to the schedule. Unfortunately, that won't bring much different because he won't be with Mingyu. 

Wonwoo frowns at the thought. Why should he care if he won't be with Mingyu? Mingyu is no...

"Auch" Wonwoo says as he bump into somehing. He doesn't remember walking into a wall but then, it's not like he's focused in front. He looks up to see the 'barricade' in front of him but was  left speechless instead.

Mingyu is looking a him with a basketball in one hand and the other one holding Wonwoo's books to avoid them from falling. He's wearing the normal PE shirt but somehow Wonwoo is still mesmerized by him. 

Mingyu smirks.

"Hyung, are you sad that  you're not partnered with me until you're not looking at where you're walking?" He asks playfully.

Wonwoo snap out of his daze and grab his books. He can feel blood rushing to his face but he ignores it, trying to gain more confidence. 

"What are you talking about? I don't care whoever is my partner. It's better if it's not you." Wonwoo says but somehow that comes out harsher that what he thought.

Mingyu is used to the treatment and decided that he shouldn't be bothered by it if he wants Wonwo.

"I'm joking hyung. Walk carefully. I'm going to practice now." Mingyu says smiling as he walks away.

Wonwoo is once again stunned by Mingyu's gentle act.

"Good luck" He whispers to himself but Mingyu can hear it very well. He turns around again. 

"Thanks hyung." Mingyu says. Wonwoo immediately turn around as he runs to the detention room. He didn't expect Mingyu to hear him. Mingyu chuckles at Wonwoo's cute act.

Wonwoo enters the room and sit beside Jun. Thankfully, both of them manage to have small talks but it is enjoyable enough for them. As they both leave the room, both are happy that they actually made some good progress and hopefully their other friends too.

Meanwhile, Mingyu practises hard. Although he is the star player, the coach didn't bias him. They all train fairly and Mingyu is more than happy to be back at the court with his friends.

Jun joins them two hours later. Mingyu concluded that Wonwoo had go home since it is late already but little did he know, Wonwoo had stop at the court to see him. Wonwoo smiles as he sees Mingyu working hard but still enjoy training with his friends. He puts a new mineral bottle and a fresh towel in Mingyu's bag with a note that say 'Don't be too hard on yourself '. Wonwoo moves as fast and quiet as a ninja so no one notice him.  

He plug in his ear phone as he walks home.


A/n - I ACTUALLY WON A GAME JUST NOW. I was the first one to complete the challenge so I get to stay at the teacher's place while waiting for the other students and thankfully the coverage is good there. I bought data and tada here I am. Sorry meanie comes to me naturally  but I promise the next chapter will have more ships. I'm really sorry of any of you is not satisfied with this chapter. I don't know when is the next update so please stay tune. I'll try to make the next chapter with each ship as the main like this chapter. Again, I'm sorry.