Chapter 29

Boxer and Ballerina

Chapter 29:

 

 

“Hana!” Jiyong shrieked through the phone. He sneaked out of the doctor’s room in order to warn Hana of the medicine that was given. He was too shocked to believe the fact his mother would stoop this low and get both Hana and the baby killed. As much as Jiyong didn’t want to believe it, the truth was shown to him. “Yah! Hana!” Jiyong yelled again hearing no response.

 

“I’m still here!” Hana responded through the phone. She could sense something was wrong and the way Jiyong kept frantically screaming her name through the phone.

 

“Don’t have the medicine! It’s poison! Its Kwon Mi’s doing. It’s going to kill you and the baby!” His voice increased hoping Hana heard everything. The phone in her hand slipped and hit the floor hard. She had already had the medicine after feeling sick again. Her eyes widened in fear. She was going to die along with her child.

 

“Hana! Yah! Did you have the medicine?” The tears slowly streaked down her face. She picked the phone up again to respond to Jiyong.

 

“Jiyong I’m scared. I can’t let the baby die.” Hana whimpered through the phone. Jiyong clutched the phone tighter. She had the poison, was the only sentence running around in his mind. He was late and now he has to solve this issue.

 

“Where are you? I’m coming to pick you up!” Jiyong headed towards the doctors room again slowly locking the door. “If anyone opens this door trust me you will die. There’s a doctor in there trying to kill my wife and I’m not letting her escape!” He informed all the doctors and nurses in the hospital ensuring they don’t let them out. Hearing their gasps he knew they were on his side.

 

“You go. We shall be there.” One of the male doctors spoke. Jiyong ran out the doctor and towards his car.

 

“I’m at the mall.” Hana responded. “In Starbucks.” She continued.

 

“I’m coming babes. I’m not going to let anything happen to you and our baby! I promise.” The phone made a sound implying Jiyong had hanged up. Hana however was shocked hearing those words escape Jiyong’s mouth. ‘Our baby’ was what caught her attention the most. A small smile spread across her lip.

 

“It’s Jiyong’s baby…” Hana muttered to herself as she rubbed her stomach.

 

----------

 

“I wouldn’t worry too much. You got her to the hospital in time. The poison was out before it had made an affect. You were lucky it was a slow poison and not the instant one. However we’d like her to stay in the hospital for another day, just for little check-ups.”  The male doctor named Minho responded to Jiyong who was waiting for the news.

 

“Go ahead. Is she okay now?” Jiyong asked once more just to be sure.

 

“Yes. She’s sleeping though. You can visit whenever.” He nodded his head in response.

 

“Jiyong! How is she?!” Bom shouted across the corridor. She rushed towards him. After she got the call she had to escape ballet classes in order to check if Hana was alright.

 

“She’s fine Bom. Thank You Minho. You helped a lot.” Jiyong shook the doctor’s hand with a happy grin. He was beyond blissful, Hana was harmless and in safe hands.

 

“No you helped us and got rid of that doctor who tried to kill your wife. Thank you. If you need anything do not hesitate to call.” Jiyong nodded his head towards him watching him leave. Kwon Mi and the doctor were arrested by the police after Jiyong hurriedly bought Hana back into the hospital so they could take the poison out. Even though his mother begged for forgiveness he wasn’t going to let it happen, she was the reason he was suffering and now Hana is too.

 

“Hey. Are you feeling better?” Jiyong pecked Hana on the lips before placing himself on the chair beside the bed. Hana smiled nodding her head. “I’m sorry for not trusting you in this and treating you like crap when these are the moments you needed me the most.” He apologised. He was a jerk.

 

“It’s not your fault Jiyong. I know why you reacted this way. So Kwon Mi did all this?” Jiyong nodded his head. He felt disgusted knowing she was his mother. She may have given birth to him but after that he was independent; he didn’t need her in his life.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jiyong apologised on behalf of his mother.

 

“It’s not your fault.” Hana grabbed him by the collar before embracing him firmly. She missed his warmth and touch. They haven’t been acting like a married couple for the past weeks and she missed it. Jiyong kissed her jaw before heading slowly downwards. His lips met up with her neck and then towards her stomach. Picking up the top the hospital gave; up to her he kissed her stomach.

 

“Appa has been very bad. When you come out I’ll give you anything you want. Okay?” Hana giggled watching his movement and then gasped feeling the kick.

 

“The baby kicked Jiyong! The baby kicked!” She was excited than ever. Jiyong placed his hand on her exposed stomach waiting for the movement from the baby. A gasp also left his mouth feeling the kick.

 

“It has to be a boy! It was such a strong kick!” Jiyong exclaimed favourably.

 

“It’s a girl Jiyong! Girls can kick strong too!” Jiyong shook his head at his wife.

 

“It’s a boy!”

 

“It’s a girl!”

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next chapter is the last.

Thank You everyone for reading, commenting and subscribing. :))