*Special Chapter: Jimin (How It Really Went Down & Aftermath)

The Past and the Present

"JIMIN-YAH! Quit runnnig around! You've got a bath to take!" Haneul yells from the bathroom as Jimin grins cheekily, his eyes turning into crescents as he hides in his room, behind the bed. Haneul enters the room and he screams, jumping out at her and giving her the fright of her life.

"Don't do that!" Twelve-year-old Haneul laughs, scratching Jimin behind his ears as he wags his tail happily. "Scared the living daylights out of me!"

"What I do best!" Jimin follows Haneul to the bathroom to get bathed. Jimin loves bathtimes. He can splash about in the water and play wtih his rubber duckies and see soap bubbles in the water.

After Jimin's done with his bath, he pesters for Haneul to read him a book. The Little Prince.

"Alright, alright!" Haneul picks the book up and brings it over to the bed. Just as she is about to flip over the first page, a sudden banging sound scares the crap out of her. She and Jimin look up to see the window opened, and a man standing there, his limbs longer than the average human, and he's holding knives in his hands. 

Jimin growls as he stands up, shoving Haneul protectively behind him. His tail has shot straight up into the air, but the man is undeterred. He jumps into the room, and that's when Haneul notices his face is covered with a mask, camouflaging well in the night sky. In one swift movement, the man throws a knife, and it flies past Jimin's face, and Haneul screams when it hits the head board of the bed, right next to her head.

Jimin yells as he pounces on the man. wrestling him to the ground as the man manages to swipe a gun from his holster and aim it at Haneul, the gun going off and Haneul barely manages to dodge it, the bullet slamming hard into the bedsheets. Jimin grabs the man's gun and slams hard on his hand, the gun falling out onto the ground.

"Run! Haneul!" Jimin yells, struggling to keep the man on the ground.

"I can't just leave you!" Haneul yells back, and Jimin growls.

"Just go! I can't keep him down much longer!"

Just then, the door bursts open, and a gunshot is heard throughout the room. It all happens so fast that Haneul doesn't have time to react, and all she can see is a splash of blood as the struggling stops and the man in black seizes his gun.

Haneul's eyes widen as she looks at the doorway. The doorway is empty, but Haneul couldn't have been hearing things, right?

Not when...Jimin!

The man in black hisses at her, before darting towards the window and leaving her to run up to Jimin, watching as blood flows out of him in rivers from the gunshot he got to his chest.

Jimin's breathing is shallow when Haneul gathers him into her arms. "Jimin! Jiminnie! Don't...don't die!" Tears gather in her eyes when the gravity of the situation dawns on her. "Jiminnieeee!" She shakes Jimin, but he remains limp and unconscious.

Just then, there's a low, guttural sound emitted from Jimin as he opens his eyes, and he lunges at her, fangs and claws out as Haneul screams, falling backwards, and she hits her head on her wardrobe. Now with a throbbing headache, she feels a stinging pain above her eye. She touches it tentatively and realizes blood is oozing out of some cut above her eye.

Haneul watches in utter fear as Jimin towers over her, eyes crazed and bloodlust evident in his gaze and posture.

When Jimin snarls and lunges at her again, that's when she blacks out.

*

Jimin rises from his body when he dies, the life ebbing out of him when he sees Hoseok standing at the door. He looks down at his own body and...

Oh.

Hosoek must've thrown something at him, hit him on the head and essentially murdered him. Jimin turns around and notices...

Haneul.

Oh-em-gee. That amount of blood is startling and Hoseok screams as he rushes towards her, slipping his phone out of his pocket and dialling the first number on his speed dial.

Jimin looks down at his body's hand and sees the amount of alarming red on it. Did he...did he do it?

All Jimin remembers is being hit by the bullet, and then no more.

And all he remembers is that his murderer (the guy who shot him) has dimples when he smiled down at Jimin. Jimin hisses as he clenches his fist. 

He watches as Hoseok comes to Haneul's side, and the ambulance arrives soon after, along with Seokjin. Hoseok is a crying mess by then. Jimin watches as the paramedics load Haneul into the ambulance and he can only watch on as the ambulance leaves with Hoseok and Haneul. Seokjin, meanwhile, stays behind and tries to clean up the mess. He heaves Jimin's body and walks down to the house. He can't very well dump his body in the dumpster. That will raise too much suspicion.

Seokjin starts walking, an idea seemingly popped into his head, and Jimin can only follow, curious as to Seokjin's intentions.

It isn't until Seokjin has walked half the route that Jimin realizes where he's going. He's making his way to his and Haneul's hideout. That one big garden with the big tree. 

Seokjin works tirelessly, even though it was eight at night. He tries his best to dig with a piece of rock he found on the ground, digging through the soil, and he finally digs deep enough to dump Jimin's body unceremoniously inside and he covers him up. By the time Seokjin is done with it, the skin on his hands are raw and filled with cuts from whatever rocks' in the soil.

Jimin walks over to his own grave as Seokjin leaves, and Seokjin even stabbed the stone into the ground to mark where he buried Jimin. His grave is simply a patch of obviously turned soil, and he has no doubt that Haneul will demand to know where Jimin's body is.

He sits down at his own grave and buries his face into his hands.

*

Jimin watches, standing beside Haneul, ethereal body passing through her as she bends down to look at the hybrid sitting with his knees drawn up to his chest. He hates the fact that he had died, and that Haneul has been less lively since that incident. The hybrid looks up, a little stunned that someone actually found him.

But the look in his eyes are the same as his when Haneul had found him. Dead, serious and dead serious. Jimin bends down along with Haneul.

"What's your name, at least?"

"Subject 0613."

Jimin watches as the creature pleads to be left alone, and Haneul stands up with a troubled look on her face, leaving for school. Jimin knows Haneul's going to come back for him. 

*

"Hello, Jimin-ah!"

Jimin looks up at the girl standing in front of him, not any older than he is. Probably about ten years old? He's seen her around a lot, more like she's been talking to him at 2pm every day for the past few days, sometimes coming by with her friend, that boy called Kim Seokjin, who doesn't seem to like Jimin all that much.

But Haneul is caring, and kind, and even brings him chicken. He doesn't like wagging his tail, in fact, his tail is a permanent scar on him for all the times that that bad man scientist boy has ordered for experiments to be performed on Jimin.

Meanwhile, Haneul likes it a lot. Every time he'd wag his tail, she'd squeal and pet his ears. Jimin doesn't know why, but he likes it.

After the umpteenth time that she's begged for him to go home with her, he does, and ends up sleeping in Haneul's bed, Haneul claiming she can't sleep due to nightmares. He'd kept her warm at night, and slept with her head fitting neatly under his and his arm wound around her tiny body.

Since then, Jimin's lifestyle gradually improved.

*

Haneul had met up with Taehyung one day, someone that Jimin hasn't met in years. He watches as Yoongi does battle with the monkey hybrid, hurling knives at each other, and Jimin fears for both their safety. They're both his friends, and he doesn't want either of them to get hurt.

When Taehyung leaves and the conflict ends, Jimin breathes a sigh of relief, but Tae was definitely out to kill that bunny. That's what Tae did best.

Jimin smiles as he recalls the fond memories with Taehyung, how they'd lie with their limbs tangled, their hearts beating in sync, and how they'd snuggle into each other, seeking warmth when the night gets too cold in their dingy, sorry excuse for an apartment. He follows Taehyung, the monkey hybrid heading back to what was their home for months, before Taehyung lost Jimin during a mission, the two of them pursued by some gangsters whose boss Taehyung had exterminated from the face of the earth.

Taehyung throws himself down on the bed and Jimin sits on the floor beside his bed, watching as Taehyung wished Jimin was there, how Taehyung sometimes cry into the night, begging for Jimin to come back, and Jimin crawls up to Taehyung's bed, hugging his best friend tight, but Jimin always passes through Taehyung, his arms grabbing thin air.

Nevertheless, Jimin is always there for his first friend who protected him and cherished him.

*

The battle is won, but at a great price. Jimin can only watch as the paramedics wheeled Jungkook into the ambulance, Haneul following closely behind.

He stands beside her the entire time, heart breaking as Haneul stares straight ahead at Jungkook, eyes puffy and red.

He even walks with her to the room, and Haneul sits outside the surgery room alone for a whole agonizing hour before Jung Hoseok bursts into the room and yells her name, sitting beside her and passing straight through Jimin.

Jimin hates this. He hates being able to only watch.

Especially when his beloved needs him the most.

*
Haneul is crying again one night, demons in her mind creeping up on her and pouncing as she buries her head into a pillow, trying to sleep.

Jimin can't stand this. All this helplessness, all this uselessness is eating at him from the inside. However, Haneul opens her eyes, and she opens them wide, fixated straight at Jimin. It's almost as if Haneul can see him. He walks over to her side, and her eyes are following his movements, Jimin screaming internally as he realizes that she can see him.

"Haneullie?" he says, uncertainly as he crouches beside her, trailing his fingers over her face.

"Jiminnie?" she whispers back, voice filled with surprise.

He brushes back a strand of her hair, before he crawls into her bed, giving Haneul the best back hug he can as a ghost, but Haneul shoots up from her bed to switch the light on, and Jimin is blinded by the light. He watches as Haneul walks back to her bed and sinks down in her covers, continuing to try to sleep.

"If he makes you unhappy I'm going to come back from the dead and punch him."

Haneul smiles at that, and for once, Jimin knows she can hear him. A tear rolls down her cheek, and Jimin tries to swipe it away, but fails as his fingers pass through it.

"Even in the afterlife, I'll always be here for you, through thick and thin."

And Jimin means it.

*

Jungkook is back and causing mischief again. Jimin leans back against the couch as he watches Haneul chase Jungkook around, the bunny proving to be making Haneul more happy than sad. Seokjin appears at the door a while later, and a shouting match between Haneul and Seokjin ensues.

Jimin will continue to watch over them, and he's happy, even if the one taking Haneul on dates is not Jimin, and the one being able to display all his affections is not Jimin yet again. He's still happy.

Because Haneul is happy, he is happy.

 

~Fin~

*

Omg this feels like a horrible ending but i hope it kind of ties up loose ends. Like how did Haneul get that scar above her eye. Namjoon shot something into Jimin to awaken that animal gene kind of thing so yep

This is really the final chapter so thank you for really sticking with me!!