The Day We Ended It

The Past and the Present

Yoongi barely registers when someone uses him as a launching pad and he flies backwards, Hoseok yelping when he hits against the railing, groaning in pain as someone else slams against the wooden slabs that is the floor. Pride takes over the pain as he watches Taehyung holding a knife over Namjoon's neck, and having three guns pointed at him is no joke, he looks up at Namjoon's three henchmen, and yells, "One move on any of us and your leader is dead!"

The three guns lower, and Yoongi takes this chance to launch three knives at all of them, hitting the bulls-eye for all three, their dominant hands apparently immovable now.

Meanwhile, Taehyung turns his attention back on Namjoon, Taehyung's pupils dilated.

"You were the one who killed Jimin's family all those years ago!" He stabs a knife into Namjoon's arm. "You were the one who performed all those inhumane experiments on the both of us!" He twists the knife, and Namjoon yelps in pain, barely able to struggle against the enraged Taehyung, whose tail is swishing menacingly to one side and the other.

"You. Were. The. One. Who. Killed. Jimin!" Taehyung roars, emphasizing each word and slamming the knife repeatedly into the same wound as Namjoon yells out in pain, blood splattering all over the ground and staining the wood, the knife plunging mercilessly each time.

Taehyung barely even sensed the person who comes up behind him, and her slender fingers wrap around the knife's handle.

"I want to be the one who finishes him."

Yoongi's eyes widen as he watches Haneul grip the bloodstained knife tightly, as Taehyung remains perched atop Namjoon, to prevent him from escaping, but in his state it'll be a little impossible anyways.

", you're not really thinking..." Namjoon looks up at Haneul, and the room is silent apart from panting. From more than three people in the room. "Come on, we can talk this out."

"You killed Jiminnie...You hurt Jungkook! I'm not letting you off the hook for this!"

"St-Stop it! He's not worth it!" Yoongi dives forward. He's not going to let Haneul live with a death on her conscience. Even if this guy is a bad guy. Killing someone isn't easy, and Yoongi should know. It's so easy to raise a knife and plunge it into someone's chest, especially in a fit of rage, but it's the aftereffects that is the trauma.

But it's too late. The knife meets its mark and blood spurts from the wound, staining Haneul's arm red and she stabs the knife as far as she can into his chest. Taehyung watches with an emotionless face, while Yoongi and Hoseok looks at them despairingly. Seokjin is simply shocked, and Jungkook's breathing turns shallower and shallower.

The whole room is plunged into silence as Namjoon's eyes turn glassy and he no longer moves, one hand hitting the ground, almost in slow motion, as his breathing ceases. Haneul's teeth is still gritted as she leaves the knife in its place, before standing up, a little wobbly, and Yoongi catches her.

"Holy , what the did you just do?" Yoongi brings her over to the couch as Taehyung proceeds to cut Seokjin free. Meanwhile, the three Got7 assassins are unable to do anything, their arms virtually useless (since Taehyung is a clean murderer). Hoseok is dialling for the police and ambulance, before proceeding to clean up the bodies, especially that of Namjoon's. Taehyung said that he'd be back.

"You'd better," Yoongi says, hugging Haneul tight as he can hear the ambulance's sirens. 

Haneul is still shaking, tears running down her face as she leans into Yoongi. It isn't long before the Got7 assassins are rounded up and led to the waiting police cars, and Jungkook is loaded up onto a stretcher, Haneul following the paramedics into the ambulance.

***************************************************************

Haneul sits with her head buried in her hands outside of the surgery room, waiting for Jungkook to come out. He needs a surgery to get the bullet out of his chest, and Hoseok stays with her throughout the entire time, constantly patting her back or asking her if she needs anything.

All Haneul can think of, besides whether Jungkook is alright or not, is the fact that she'd killed. She raised a knife and killed. The blood that splattered on her skin, the crimson red that she can only see, the rage that engulfed her.

It isn't long after that a doctor emerges from the room, and Haneul's head shoots up when he says, "He's in stable condition. The bullet is out, but he'll have to remain under intensive care, at least for a while."

Haneul's heart flutters a little. Jungkook's okay...

"But we have a question," the doctor says, a little curiously. "The ears atop his head...they are...rabbit ears?" 

"Uh...yeah," Haneul nods.

"I see...would you mind if we took him for--"

"No," Haneul's face darkens, and Hoseok places a hand on her shoulder. The doctor visibly shudders as he nods.

"Alright then," the doctor says. "You can see him after we've moved him to a ward."

Haneul's shoulders sag, tears threatening to fall again from relief. She can't wait to see Jungkook again.

*************************************************

"What will you be doing?" Yoongi asks.

"Oh, you know, going about my assassin life," Taehyung smiles. "What are you going to do? You came back because Haneul asked you to, right?"

"Probably head back to Daegu," Yoongi shrugs, and he doesn't miss the flash of disappointment across Taehyung's face.

"Sure, okay," Taehyung nods, turning his back on Yoongi and he continues walking down the road, away from Haneul's house, not even stopping once to look back at Yoongi. 

Yoongi turns his head, heart clenching as he whips out his cell phone and dials Hoseok's number.

****************************************************

Jungkook blinks, once, twice. The room is bright, but not too bright. There are at least two doctors looking at him, clipboards in their gloved hands. He has an oxygen mask on and his arms hurt.

"Can you hear me?" the doctor to his right asks, and Jungkook can barely give a response before the doctor continues, "There is a visitor waiting outside for you."

Haneul? Most likely.

Jungkook nods, as one of the nurses helps him remove the oxygen mask, and man can Jungkook finally breathe again...figuratively. He hates this stuff on him.

Jungkook watches as the doctors exit the room and he stares at the whitewashed ceiling of the hospital until the door opens again and a girl runs to his side. He can't ever mistake this scent. Haneul. She drags a stool over to his chair and sits down, their gazes meeting. Fear, relief, worry, tiredness. He can see every swirling emotion in her eyes. He wants badly to reach up and wipe away the tears still on her face.

"Are you feeling okay, Kookie?"

He nods, throat too hoarse to say anything. Haneul lowers her head. "Sorry, Kookie. I was an idiot." 

Jungkook doesn't give a response. He simply looks at her, ears twitching and anticipating. 

"Yoongi-oppa's returning to Daegu, and Taehyung-ssi left. Hoseokkie-oppa's staying with me for the time being," Haneul says slowly, watching Jungkook intently as the bunny nods. "Jin's fine, but he's still recovering, I guess. It was a shock to us all." 

No wonder Namjoon's words had sounded fishy then. And he’s the second hybrid you’ve met in your life?

"But...oh my God, Jungkook, why did you do that?"

Jungkook shakes his head, not knowing how to answer. Why did he protect her? 

Because he loved her. The one who took him in and gave him a place to stay. A chance to live. He was dazzled by her kindness and her stubborness, in a sense.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer," Haneul shakes her head, a smile reaching her lips, and Jungkook breathes a sigh of relief internally. At least she isn't sad anymore.

"I...They're not going to let me stay here forever, I guess, and visiting hours is almost over," Haneul says, sniffling a little. "Take care of yourself, okay? I'll make you some cookies tomorrow and I'll come when visiting hours start."

Jungkook manages a nod, and a smile, as Haneul scratches him behind the ears. He likes that and he watches as she picks up her things, and leaves. He can't wait to see her again.

**********************************************************

Haneul tosses and turns in her bed. She killed someone, even if that someone was bad. It was hard to accept, that she's now a murderer. Hoseok had reminded her that there's nothing wrong, and that she did it in justified self-defense. Namjoon was attacking them anyways.

Thoughts of plunging the knife deep into someone, having their blood splatter all over them...isn't a good thought. The thought of seeing Namjoon's eyes turn glassy and dead, and how she was the cause of it.

Haneul throws an arm over her eyes, trying to shield them from the moonlight from the window. She always loved the night. That's when she sees the stars, and she knows one of them is Jimin. Her Jimin.

She turns her head to the side and opens her eyes. In the darkness of the room, there is a shape of flickering light. Her eyes widen as she watches the light walking nearer her.

"Haneullie..." a voice echoes in her head and it brings tears to Haneul's eyes again as the light reaches out to touch her face, brushing back strands of her hair.

"J-Jiminnie..."

The light then disappears. Haneul shoots up from her bed and switches the light on, trying to look for any remnants of Jimin. Nothing. It must have been her imagination.

If he makes you unhappy I'm going to come back from the dead and punch him.

Haneul smiles, a tear sliding down her cheek as she lies back into bed, throwing the blanket over herself and wrapping it aorund her like a blanket burrito. It may be her imagination, but the thought of Jimin ever saying something like that warms her from the inside.

Even in the afterlife, I'll always be here for you, through thick and thin.

***************************************************

A few days later (day before Jungkook is discharged)...

Haneul decides to clear the room for Jungkook's return, and she has gotten Seokjin's help, the latter only agreeing to help because, as Haneul said, "It was your fault that got us into that mess in the first place."

Haneul looks at the old bookshelf, filled with Jimin's favourite books. She picks out a book. 101 Dalmatians. Jimin loved that story. Well, Jungkook may want them, but they'd have to go. As she's packing the book into a cardboard box, a pink cue card falls out of the book and flutters to the ground. She picks it up and reads it.

Haneullie-chan! Did I get that right? Did you know you're so pretty? Like a rose? And did you know Hana means flower? It sounds so much like your name and you're as pretty as a flower, get it? I love you so much you don't know. I wish this will never end. ~Love, Park Jimin

Tears spring to Haneul's eyes again, as she checks the other books, a smile plastered on her face. In each and every book is one of Jimin's love letters, on cue cards of different colors, all ending with "I wish this will never end".

"I love you too, Jimin-ah."

*****************************************************

The next day...

"YAH! JEON JUNGKOOK GET BACK HERE!"

Haneul has no idea that Jeon Jungkook can be so mischievous and energetic the day after he's discharged. He's bouncing around the living room, hiding behind the television, running up the stairs and peering innocently at Haneul.

"You need to take a bath!"

Jungkook sticks his tongue out at her as he grins, and Haneul smiles back, before running after him and chasing him to his room.

The door slams open and Seokjin steps in, "Haneul-ah!"

"What?" said girl pokes her head out of Jungkook's room.

"Yah, what the hell are you two doing? And with the door open! He just came back from surgery, Haneul-ah!"

"YAH, SHUT UP JIN!"

"IT'S JIN-OPPA!"

"AND I'M NOT DOING YOU-KNOW-WHAT WITH KOOKIE!" Haneul runs down, clothes a little wrinkled from trying to wrestle Jungkook into the bath, and Jungkook bounces down seemingly even happier as he pretends to hide behind Haneul as she receives the box from Seokjin.

"What are all these?"

"Movies," Seokjin says, sounding bored. "Movies I watched with him and I guess I shouldn't keep them for now. You can have them."

"You still okay, Jin-ah?"

"Nothing time can't heal," Seokjin says. "Besides, I've got my eye on this other hot guy in my class. He's a transfer student--Lee Jaehwan and he's hot as hell."

"If you need me, I'll be here."

Seokjin smiles, "Yeah." He closes the door, and that was that.

Well, the next visitor is Hoseok, who comes in from his weekly dance practices, all tired and sweaty and Haneul decides to give him the bathroom first before she makes Jungkook take his bath. Meanwhile, she prepares the usual, except with a side of nuts today for Jungkook, and the boy is slowly learning how to eat jajangmyun, or any type of noodles in general. It's a little too much to ask him to start eating meat right now.

"What's for dinner?" Hoseok asks, appearing out of the bathroom dressed fully in black.

"Udon," says Haneul.

"Right," Hoseok nods, heading towards the table. "Hey, did I tell you about this Japanese girl who transferred into my class?"

"Uh...so you're trying to tell me you've got the hots for her?" Haneul finally gets Jungkook to take a bath and he heads up to the bathroom pouting.

"Uh, no," Hoseok shakes his head, watching as Haneul prods at the udon in the soup. "She wears a beanie all the time, and when I was passing her by in the school hallways, I swear I saw a tail! A cat's tail!"

"Not another one..." Haneul mutters. "Did you talk to her?"

"Of course!" Hoseok pumps out his chest, obviously proud of himself. "She's called Ishikawa Hana, and she's a total cutie, and she's super quiet, so I thought that we'd definitely click."

"You're kidding," Haneul starts filling bowls with udon. "But then again, you're kind of the class clown, aren't you?"

"Yep," Hoseok nods. At that moment, Jungkook walks into the dining room and he settles himself down at his usual seat at the table. Haneul's phone buzzes, and she picks up the phone after setting the two bowls of noodles down at the boys' side of the table, before going back to get hers.

I'm gonna be in town for a while. Got an extra room? Kinda broke at the moment :P.

"Yoongi's in Seoul," Haneul grins at Hoseok, who gives her a thumbs-up. "And he's going to be crashing here for a while. Probably for some underground music thing that he needs to go for again."

"Shouldn't have left in the first place," Hoseok mutters.

"Well, whatever," Haneul puts her phone down. "Let's dig in!"

****************************************************

Taehyung's tail swishes from left to right. He's been asked by his friend Hyosang whether he wanted to attend the rap battle thing that the underground rappers are thinking of putting up, and Taehyung had almost declined, saying that he at rapping (which, in fact, is true), until Hyosang mentions Yoongi.

Taehyung had snorted. Yoongi can rap? In his mind, he was just a knife-throwing small man who'd carved a big portion of Taehyung's heart and taken it back to Daegu with him.

Taehyung mutters something about "Sure, I'll go", and Hyosang claps, slapping him on the shoulder and saying, "Hope you'll find some hot rapper there because you're getting a bit too old to stay single."

Taehyung sighs as he settles back into his seat in front of the bar, sloshing the wine in his glass as he watches Hyosang leave with a bored look on his face. Although he's acting disinterested, he actually can't wait. Yoongi's coming to Seoul, and he's probably performing.

The day of the rap battle came, and Taehyung is in the crowd, moving with the crowd to the rapper on stage, spouting out lyrics, and Taehyung drones it out after a while.

After that rapper has finished his piece, he steps off the stage, and the next rapper comes up. Ash-grey hair, with a face that hasn't changed since the last time Taehyung saw him, he begins his rap, and boy can he rap. Taehyung finds himself bouncing up and down along with the crowd as they cheer for him, screaming his name as Yoongi spits out lyrics better than the previous guy, and he incites excitement in the audience like none of the rappers before him had done.

Taehyung finds his breath taken away after Yoongi finishes his rap, raising the mic above his head as the audience burst into a round of applause. Taehyung watches as Yoongi leaves the stage, and he jostles through the crowd, making his way to the grey-haired individual.

The moment he closes his fingers around Yoongi's wrist, Yoongi stops, turning back to Taehyung and he gapes, looking on as a smirk spreads across Taehyung's face.

"I didn't know you could rap, and you were way better than everyone else out there."

"I can't help it. I'm awesome that way," Yoongi shoots back, but it's obvious he's blushing.

"Hey, let's not talk here. It's a little too loud for my taste," Taehyung says, quickly dragging Yoongi away from the crowd and out into the streets, out of the bar.

"So, uh, what are you still doing here? Thought you wanted to return to Daegu."

"For this stupid rap battle," Yoongi grins. "Anyways, you still killing people?"

"Eh, a little, but not much anymore," Taehyung says, and corrects himself when Yoongi raises an eyebrow. "Fine, fine! Yeah, I'm still killing people. Good business, you know."

Yoongi shrugs. "Whatever."

They walk to a nearby cafe that is still open and order cake, going through a few more topics of conversation until it comes to a point where the cafe has to close (it doesn't open 24/7).

"Well, I'll see you around," Taehyung says.

"Hmm, yeah," Yoongi nods, as he turns around to leave.

But this time, Taehyung's not letting him. He grabs onto Yoongi's wrist, and as the short rapper turns back, he finds Taehyung's lips on his. Yoongi hasn't expected this. Not at all.

"Y-Yah! What the hell are you doing, Kim Taehyung?!"

"Oh, uh...a little Biology lesson?"

Yoongi smirks, "Tomorrow, 10am, at this cafe. I'll see you there."

"You got that," Taehyung mock-salutes him and turns around to leave, and Yoongi barely hides the grin when he walks into Haneul's house that night, earning funny stares from the girl.

**************************************************************

All in all, life goes on as normal. For all of them. 

**************************************************************

Actually this story is dedicated to my real-life friend jjkpop honestly she's a really nice friend and she found the ending super weird so I came back to change it.

Eh, thanks so much for sticking through with me through this story I know it's a little crappy and definitely NOT ao3 standard but I usually don't write fluff (I love angst--it gives me that kick :P) and I don't write OC (I usually write Yoonseok and Jikook)