The Day History Repeated Itself

The Past and the Present

Omg this chapter is crap im so sorry i cant write action for my lifeu

*******************************************************

Haneul runs as fast as her legs can take her, Jungkook and Hoseok hot on her heels. Hoseok snarls at the phone when he cannot contact Namjoon for the umpteenth time in a row, the phone screen showing a “busy”.

Meanwhile, Yoongi’s still with the monkey at the hospital, though he promised to come down as soon as possible.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Haneul stops outside Seokjin’s house and it’s eerily quiet, making matters seem worse. She raps her knuckles on the door, “Hellooooo! Jin-ah!”

Silence.

Jungkook is chewing on his lip, and if it isn’t for Hoseok getting him to stop, he might have drawn blood already.

“Okay, I’ve absolutely no idea what’s going to happen in there,” Haneul decides to give a pep talk before what may be an Armageddon. “And if we need to fight, just grab whatever you can—”

“Yeah, yeah, we got it,” Hoseok says, nodding and holding up his hands in mock defeat as Jungkook looks at him confusedly.

Haneul in a deep breath.

“Alright…let’s go save Seokjinnie and kick some .”

*

“Look at you. So guillible, so trusting.”

Seokjin stares wide-eyed. How in hell can he get held hostage in his own house? Well, anything can happen, he guesses, and Seokjin finds it pointless to struggle against the ropes binding him to his seat, and a gun being held at his temple the entire time isn’t exactly reassuring.

Namjoon bends down so that he’s at Seokjin’s eye-level, and grasps his chin, making Seokjin face him.

“Haneul’s going to come for you, and she’s going to take that bunny with her,” Namjoon says. “You’re going to watch the girl die in front of your eyes.”

Seokjin wants to scream out in fury, at both Namjoon for deceiving him, and himself for believing Namjoon’s lies. And how he’s going to get Haneul killed and Jungkook…captured?

“Hmm? You wanted to say something?” Namjoon rips the gag out of Seokjin’s mouth and Seokjin tries to rid his mouth of the foul smell.

“Hey, wait a minute, Jackson!” Bambam looks at Jackson, horrified. “YOU TOOK MY SOCK!”

“Well, yeah, it was the first sock I could find…”

“Oh my God,” Namjoon hisses and throws the sock at Bambam, hitting him square in the chest. “Shut up!” He turns back to Seokjin.

“What do you want?” Seokjin spits out. It was just a normal day, with Namjoon coming over to watch movies…

“Hey, Namjoon.”

“Yeah?”

“Can you help me get the chips from the kitchen? I promise I’ll pause the movie.”

Namjoon sighs, standing up, “Fine. The sour cream with onion flavour or the barbeque one?”

Seokjin thinks for a while, “Barbeque.”

“One pack of barbeque chips coming right up!” Namjoon grins, flashing his dimples as he leaves the room, and Seokjin keeps to his word, pausing the movie and snuggling deep into the duvet, waiting for his boyfriend to come back.

However, a minute later, there still isn’t the sound of crinkling of wrappers or even the sound of footsteps. It’s deathly quiet.

“Namjoon?” Seokjin calls out, finding it a little too much for Namjoon to take more than three minutes to grab a bag of chips.

There is a sudden crash of glass that makes Seokjin shriek and jump out of the bed. Namjoon is a klutz, but even then, he isn’t that clumsy and quiet at the same time. Something is definitely up.

“Namjoon?” he calls hesitantly, as he ventures out of the room, poking his head out and—

“SMASH!”

Seokjin doesn’t even have time to yell when something hits his head. Hard. He lands on the ground. There is something sticky at the back of his head, and he can smell his own blood.

Seokjin’s vision goes blurry as someone bends over him, squatting down, dangling something in front of him.

“Here are your chips, jagi~!”

Seokjin hates the fact that his head is still throbbing, and he can’t allow himself a deep psychological discussion with the deep recesses and abysses of his mind right now.

Basically, he just can’t allow himself to think too much. He must’ve gotten a concussion.

Seokjin then hears the front door slamming open and Namjoon snaps his head up in the direction of the sound, his lips. “Oh…they’re here.”

Seokjin hears shouting from below, screaming and yelling.

And gunshots.

“Relax. I didn’t ask Jinyoung and Mark-hyung to kill them,” Jackson drawls from the door, a bruise already forming on his cheek from a scuffle with Bambam (about the sock).

“Boss!”

Namjoon turns at the call, and he sees Jaebum almost slipping on his way up, tripping over his own two feet as he grabs onto the railing to stable himself. “Boss! There are three people!”

“Three people?” Namjoon looks surprised.

“There’s the dancer too,” Jaebum says. “One of her friends.”

“Oh, lock him in the other room and get Youngjae to skin him alive,” Namjoon dismisses Jaebum with a wave of his hand. He walks out of the room, and keeps an eye on the scene in the sitting room below him.

“I’ve got the bunny at last.”

*

It really wasn’t much of a brawl, or a fight, at that. They were captured the moment they entered the house. Haneul has said that she was prepared for a fight, but the moment they were seized, their situation seemed hopeless. It really doesn’t help that one of the people inside seems to love playing with a shotgun. Jinyoung is his name, at least, that’s what the other one called him.

Another one of the men suddenly runs down from Seokjin’s room on the second floor and whispers something into Jinyoung’s ear. Jinyoung nods and allows the third man to grab Hoseok. And Haneul’s heartrate picks up when she realizes that the third man is twirling a knife in his hands.

Haneul can only watch as the door slams behind the third man, and Jinyoung is gripping tightly to her wrists as he locks her arms behind her back, leading up to Seokjin’s room, Jungkook chewing on his lip beside her as his eyes are widened in terror.

Great. All Haneul’s got to do is to buy enough time for Yoongi to make it here…and possibly that monkey. Yoongi said he’s on his way here, so…

“In here,” Jinyoung shoves her into the room, and Haneul grunts at his roughness. Jungkook stumbles in after her, and she is greeted with Seokjin sitting bound to a chair, eyes filled with fear and surprise.

“What the hell are you doing here, Haneul?!” Seokjin yells, just as someone grabs him from behind. Haneul frowns as she recognizes him. The man that had shot the monkey. He’s wearing a cap turned backwards, and he pulls Seokjin away, the chair’s legs screeching on the wooden ground.

“What the hell are you doing?! Which one of you is Jackson?!”

“Ah, that would be me,” the man says, letting go of Seokjin. “But I’m not the one who wanted to meet you.”

“Then who—you!” Haneul’s eyes flash with anger as she sees another person stepping out of the shadows, a smirk on his face, hands tucked into the black jacket as the cap he’s wearing shadows his eyes.

“Yes, it’s me,” Namjoon raises his cap, bowing low.

“Screw you!” Haneul struggles against Jinyoung’s hold, trying to get at Namjoon, but Seokjin yells, “Don’t do it, Haneul!”

Haneul’s lips are curled into a snarl as Jungkook looks around them, ears twitching. He can hear everything in the room. From Haneul’s growling to the other man shuffling about in the room to even a fly’s buzz as it flits about in the room.

“Let him go, Namjoon!” she yells, pulling against Jinyoung as he keeps a firm grip on her and pulls her back. “Jinnie has nothing to do with this!”

“He is a friend of yours, and you are a friend of the bunny. An enemy of my enemy is my friend. In this case, vice versa,” says Namjoon. He drops his cap and grabs a gun from a holster hidden under his shirt slotted in his belt and aims it straight at Haneul.

“Make one wrong move and all three of us will be upon you.”

Jungkook looks around again. The man named Jackson is already drawing his gun, and the other man, the younger-looking one, already having his bombs and explosives in hand. Namjoon, the man who apparently was boyfriends with Seokjin is turning against them and holding Haneul at gunpoint…kind of.

Something in Jungkook’s brain clicks into place. No wonder Namjoon looked familiar. He was the one. The head of the experimental department. The one who ordered all those inhumane experimentations on him. The one who borne him.

Jungkook hasn’t even realized he’s baring his teeth when Namjoon looks over at him, smirk ever-present on his face. Haneul looks over at Jungkook, a slight bit worried that her bunny is snarling.

“You are the one. Who killed my parents,” Jungkook narrows his eyes, fists clenched.

Haneul stares at Jungkook, then back at Namjoon.

The one who killed Jungkook’s parents?

*

“Where shall I start first?”

Hoseok can barely keep his eyes off the knife that the man in front of him is holding on to as if it is just a toy, which it probably is to the man. Hoseok’s breath hitches, heart thudding in his chest against his ribcage as blood rushes in his ears, drowning out almost all sound and he’s getting a little heady.

Hoseok has never been really good with blood. Actually, he’s never been really good with anything with the slight bit of horror and gore.

So it’s safe to say that Hoseok nearly passes out from the sight of the knife alone when the window suddenly clicks open and something hits the guy, who yells and blood splatters onto the ground. Hoseok squints his eyes against the bright sunlight streaming into the room, and he notices two figures standing there.

“Fancy seeing you here,” Yoongi says, swinging himself into the room, knife still in hand and the monkey walks silently over to the fallen man, who has a knife in his arm. The monkey pulls the knife out harshly, and the man grits his teeth in pain as he retaliates, kicking upwards and managing to actually hit the monkey on the chin, sending him flying towards the window.

Yoongi, meanwhile, cuts the binds on Hoseok’s arms, and he latter rubs them, attention still on the monkey.

“We need to go. Tae will be fine.”

Hoseok looks back at the monkey, when a knife zips by his head and he immediately agrees.

“You don’t even know how to fight,” Yoongi says when Hoseok and he runs to Seokjin’s bedroom.

“Thanks for saying the obvious,” Hoseok retorts. “I couldn’t leave Haneul alone.”

“Whatever,” Yoongi reaches the top floor and kicks the door open without any hesitation.

*

A whole sea of flames.

Mother?

Dead.

Father?

Dead too.

Me?

Alive.

They want me. For something. For something so inhumane it’s unimaginable.

Jungkook screams as someone grabs hold of him, dragging him away from his omma and appa. Omma crushed under tonnes of bricks and cement. Appa burned alive, a withering corpse on the ground.

“Appa! Omma!”

His knees are getting scraped and he’s sweating profusely in this sweltering heat, but it doesn’t matter. Not when appa and omma are dead and he doesn’t know what’s going to become of him.

Jungkook tries to bite the people grabbing onto his collar, but they slam him to the ground, Jungkook screaming as pain splits his skull. A taller boy looms over him, just a few years apart from Jungkook.

“Come on, little boy. We’ve got great things in store for you.”

*

Jungkook wrestles from Jaebum’s grasp and he yells, rushing forward, eyes glazed over and red from fury. He springs over at Namjoon, and Haneul swears she saw claws sprouting from Jungkook’s fingers.

“Wait! Kookie!” Haneul brings a foot up to kick Jinyoung in the groin and she leaps free from him when he stumbles backwards, yelping in pain. Haneul dashes forward as a gun goes off, the gunshot ringing in her ears.

“Kookie!”

Jungkook has managed to throw Namjoon to the ground, the gun flying out of his hand and Jungkook hovers over him, teeth bared, ears stiff, pointing backwards. The room is tense and silent as Jungkook presses a hand to Namjoon’s neck.

“Keep the intensity on. We have to make sure he can survive this if we want a useful bioweapon.”

“Hell…you’re not really going to do this, right? Not to your creator,” Namjoon pants, lips still turned up in a half-smirk.

“A rabbit? What can a rabbit do, huh? We had tiger, lion and even ravens!”

“This is for all the you did to me, motherer!” Jungkook presses down even harder, and Namjoon gasps, air escaping his lungs.

Haneul can’t watch this. She can’t watch Jungkook become a murderer. “Jungkook!”

“And I’m not letting you do this to anyone ever again!”

“Stop! Jungkook!” Haneul barely takes two steps when Jungkook looks up, loosening his hold on Namjoon and he notices Jackson behind her, gun aimed at her.

Jungkook springs off Namjoon, flying towards Haneul and manages to push her down towards the ground and away. Namjoon scrambles for his gun, still panting as he breathes in the delicious air.

Haneul stares at Jungkook as he pushes her donw, a sudden weight on her body that forces her away. All time slows as Haneul watches something whiz above her head, sailing through the air and slamming into Jungkook’s chest. Red stains his shirt as Jungkook falls backwards, away from Haneul.

“Jungkook!”

Jungkook lands unceremoniously on the ground, chest heaving as the wound still oozes blood. Haneul can’t even blink back the tears gathering in her eyes. It’s happening again. All over again.

Jimin.

Just then, the door kicks open, and Yoongi and Hoseok are standing at the door.

Yoongi can only utter a “”, as he turns his attention on the three assassins in the room: Namjoon, Jackson and Bambam, all apparently ready to attack him.

It’s going to take a miracle or two to win.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

And luckily, that miracle is probably running up the stairs at the moment.