The Night I Kissed My Bunny

The Past and the Present

Hi there, sorry i might not post for a while since I'll be in europe so sorrrrrryyyyy! :(( anyways, enjoy!

******************************************

Taehyung watches in amusement as he embarks on his third day of his mission. He had said to the man to give him five days, but now it seems that with a certain grey-haired individual on their side, it’d take more than three days.

A certain individual that makes Taehyung’s toes curl in fury when he thinks about him.

The same individual whom Taehyung’s heartrate increases when thinking of.

Taehyung holds his tranquiliser gun tightly to his chest as the girl heads home, the bunny looking as lost as ever, although a little sure of himself now. Oh, how Taehyung wants to murder that bunny and splatter his guts all over the wall, just like how the girl took away Taehyung’s most precious person.

“Hey, would you mind coming down from there? I seriously doubt that that branch can hold your weight for any longer.”

Taehyung closes his eyes and hisses because who else can it be but the grey-haired dude who’s standing directly below him and holy ! Is his branch—

It all happens too fast for Taehyung to scream as the branch snaps and he’s tumbling his way into oblivion…before he hears an “oof!” and he opens his eyes, seeing the most beautiful pair of eyes he’s ever seen, and he’d have loved watching them for forever if they aren’t on a person called Min Yoongi.

“Oh my God, get off me!” Yoongi yells, pushing the monkey off him, and Taehyung scrambles off him, not believing his face just got within two inches of that er.

“Screw you too!” Taehyung growls, and Yoongi suddenly smirks.

“Are you missing something?” Yoongi holds up his tranquiliser gun, and Taehyung’s lips curl into a snarl.

“Give that back!”

“Well, I suggest you stop messing with both me and my friend,” Yoongi says, even calmer than he’s supposed to be.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about,” Taehyung sneers, before making a leap for the weapon, in which he snatches the gun out of Yoongi’s hand, and Yoongi turns around, knife ready in hand.

“Looks like I’ll be going, Min Yoongi,” Taehyung snickers, getting ready to jump, but not before Yoongi lunges forward and grabs his ankle.

“Get the away from Haneul. I mean it. I don’t care about your silly vengeance. She didn’t do anything wrong.”

“She took Jimin away from me! He was my only friend!” Taehyung roars, suddenly grabbing Yoongi in a headlock. “Shut up! Shut up! She tamed him! He was ferocious, but she tamed him into that wimp he was then! He couldn’t even protect himself! And…and…!”

Yoongi gasps as Taehyung presses his fingers into Yoongi’s neck, Yoongi’s airflow being cut off as he wrestles Taehyung, biting his lip till it bled, and he throws a punch across Taehyung’s face, the monkey, caught off guard, hits the floor hard. That shoulder’s going to bruise.

“ you!” Taehyung grabs a knife and flings it at Yoongi, before grabbing his machete, lunging at Yoongi, who dodges in the nick of time (both the knife and the sword). He grips his own knife, slicing Taehyung’s arm as Taehyung sails across, landing on the ground, fingers scraping the concrete.

“You know, I really pity you,” Yoongi stands up, and opens his mouth again, but Taehyung screeches. 

“Don’t around with m—!”

Taehyung suddenly stops and stumbles forward, expression that of shock as Yoongi rushes up and catches him, wondering what is wrong when he sees a figure standing not far away, hooded, and gun in hand.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Yoongi shouts at the figure. That guy has a gun for God’s sake! A bullet flies faster than a knife.

But the guy turns away almost immediately, walking away down the street, and Yoongi knows better than to pursue. He really has to get this guy in and he really hopes Haneul won’t notice that bloodstain on her bright red couch.

Yoongi hauls the monkey up, sliding one arm under his neck and his legs, and it seems almost instinctive, but the monkey slings his arms around Yoongi’s neck, and even Yoongi has to pry his hands away from him when he lays Taehyung down on the couch.

“Oh my God I don’t even know what to do,” Yoongi looks down at the bleeding Taehyung and he decides to make use of a method that’s as old as time. He digs out his phone and calls.

“Hey, hyung? Can you come over, please?”

*

And that’s how Yoongi has to explain the entire situation about bringing a hybrid monkey back from the streets, and with Seokjin’s suspicious glares and interrogatory, commanding voice, Yoongi blurts out the whole situation, waking up Haneul and Jungkook in the process.

“He needs to see a doctor,” Seokjin grits his teeth. “What made you think I knew what to do?”

“Aren’t you like…studying Biology?”

Seokjin rolls his eyes and slaps his forehead, “We need to call an ambulance ASAP, but they’d probably ask why he has a tail and ears and why his limbs are longer than they’re supposed to be…like, he’s not even proportionate, human-wise. By the way, I’m studying Neurology.”

“Fine,” Yoongi mutters, and Haneul looks over at him, then down at Taehyung, a little miffed, but her gaze lingers on him longer than it’s probably supposed to, and Yoongi doesn’t like that.

The thing is, Yoongi doesn’t know why.

“Anyways, I’ll dial for the ambulance now,” Seokjin picks up the phone and dials for the ambulance. After giving them their address, Seokjin hangs up and turns to them, “I was on a movie marathon with Namjoon.”

“So? A dying kid is probably more important than your marathon,” Yoongi rebuts.

“He’s bleeding out on the couch,” Haneul observes. “I should probably go get bandages or something.”

“Nah, let’s just wait for the ambulance. Keep an eye on him, Yoongi. I got used to this bringing-a-hybrid-home impromptu plans of yours,” Seokjin mutters, as he looks over sourly at the hybrid. “Look, I’ve got a marathon to finish, so I’m leaving, bye!”

With that, he leaves.

“Seriously, is Namjoon that important?” Haneul looks over at the door, and at the same moment, Jung Hoseok bursts into the house.

“Oh my mama did you see that huge bloods—who the is that?!”

“He’s a hybrid.”

“He’s hot,” Hoseok says nonchalantly as he walks over and dumps a bag of snacks on the table. “You know, I came over wanting to have a movie marathon with you guys, but I come to his house to see a dying hot boy on the couch. Is he single? No, more importantly, is he dying?”

“Well, yes, he’s single, and yes, he’s dying,” Haneul says, and there’s the closing of a door from the upstairs, where Jungkook is walking down, and his eyes pops out as he sees the gathering in the hall.

“What happened here?” Jungkook looks wide-eyed at the boy on the ground, hiding a little behind Haneul as his ears flatten against his head.

“Yoongi-oppa brought him back,” Haneul explains, and explains the entire situation to Jungkook, who’s still wide-eyed.

“But you gotta admit he’s hot,” Hoseok chimes in, earning a smack on the head from Yoongi.

“Hot?” Jungkook looks over at Haneul for an explanation, and Hoseok laughs while Haneul slaps her forehead.

*

Yoongi opts to follow Taehyung to the hospital, while Hoseok sleeps on the couch that night.

It’s nearly eleven when Haneul puts down the book she’s reading, and she hears a knock on her door. She looks up and sees Jungkook standing there, stuffed dog clutched in his hands.

“Can’t sleep?” Haneul smiles as she beckons him to join her, patting the side of her bed as Jungkook shuffles over.

“It’s…gotten better, but I still have nightmares…” Jungkook snuggles into bed with Haneul as she throws an arm over him. “But if I sleep with you I don’t get any.”

Haneul is absolutely sure this room got a hundred percent hotter as she brushes Jungkook’s hair away from his face, pressing a kiss to his forehead, “Sleep, then. I don’t mind.”

Jungkook snuggles into Haneul as he wraps himself around her.

“Haneul.”

“Hmm?”

“I really like you.”

“Y-Yeah?” Haneul stares down at Jungkook, who’s refusing to look at her, averting his eyes away from hers. What a straightforward confession, but it still feels good, Haneul guesses. It feels really good, and Jungkook’s like an awkward little bunny that needs cuddling and protection.

“And…I asked Seokjin-hyung about what I should do…if I really like someone.”

“And?”

“And he told me to do this.”

Jungkook dips his head, lips touching Haneul’s gently, but he doesn’t exactly know what to do, his grip tightening on Haneul. Haneul’s heart is thumping hard, blood rushing to her ears as she kisses the sweet lips that are Jungkook’s, loving the taste of sweet apples on his lips and she immerses herself in Jungkook’s scent of a fresh spring morning.

When they break apart, Jungkook snuggles into Haneul’s hair. “So…do you like me too?”

Haneul smiles, burying her face into his chest. “Silly Kookie. Of course I do.”

She visibly feels Jungkook exhaling as he holds her tight, nuzzling into her hair before Haneul can hear his silent snores and feel his chest rising and falling as he enters slumber. Haneul closes her eyes and falls asleep also to Jungkook’s rhythmic heartbeat.

*

“, why are you the first face I’m looking at when I wake up?”

“Screw you. Did you know how worried I was?”

Yoongi and Taehyung glare at each other, until the both of them realize what Yoongi just said, in which the elder utters a “” under his breath.

“You were worried?”

Yoongi stays silent. He doesn’t deny it. Maybe because he really was worried. The doctors had questioned him about Taehyung’s anatomy, but all Yoongi said is that he doesn’t know a ing single thing about it and to “hurry the up and get the ing bullet out of him”.

“But…well…thanks,” Taehyung finally says after a few seconds of silence between them, making the ambience a little lighter. “But . Who was that er who…”

“I don’t know,” Yoongi admits. He really doesn’t. After all, the guy had the hood pulled up and he was facing the ground, and the guy’s back and posture hasn’t exactly rung any bells.

But Taehyung is okay, uninjured.

“Hey, earth to Min ing Yoongi.”

“What?” Yoongi snaps at the monkey, who has a mischievous grin on his face.

“You wanna catch him together? Just this once, I offer you my services,” Taehyung continues grinning.

“The do I want your services? You should rest right now.”

There’s a pout from Taehyung and another period of awkward silence between them before Yoongi suddenly asks, “What’s your relationship to Jimin? You know, before you lost him?”

Taehyung closes his eyes, refusing to answer, and Yoongi figures he shouldn’t force him to.

“We were both ten when we were taken in. They kidnapped me and killed my parents,” Taehyung begins. “Jiminnie was my next-door-neighbour, and they did it to him too.”

Yoongi’s heart sinks. How can anyone do that to a ten-year-old?

“They turned us into monsters,” Taehyung flicks his tail lazily, as if for emphasis. “Monsters the rest of society won’t accept, and they want to create an army of hybrids in the military. Jiminnie and I were scared, and day after day, they conducted experiments on us. Horrible ones. Psychological, emotional, mental, physical…anything and everything you can think of.

“Jiminnie was so darn resilient…and ferocious. He had a strong sense of loyalty, probably from the doggy gene, but he would actually attack the other scientists if they tried to hurt me,” Taehyung leans his head to the side, away from Yoongi and towards the window. “Jimin was nothing like the man you knew. Jiminnie was strong…and…”

“You loved him,” Yoongi finishes. Taehyung lets out a deep, shuddering breath.

“Yeah. I loved him with all my heart, so I promised myself I’d be the one to protect him when we escaped from that hellish place,” Taehyung says. “With my knowledge of the area and Jimin’s strength, we took them down, one by one, and ripped off the collars they put on us. We’re no one’s, and we won’t be owned by anybody ever again.”

“But during the course of escape, something happened, right? That’s why you and Jimin got separated.”

“I had to work as a mercenary with my agility and skills,” Taehyung says. “Trained from the best, if you know what I mean. I learned how to deal with knives, and guns, but guns are not really my thing, so I threw mine out long ago. I had to work for underground bosses and even girls and boys who wanted their exes dead. I was hoping I’d meet Jiminnie again.”

Yoongi remains silent.

“And I did. One day, when I was walking through the Myeongdong district, I chanced upon him…walking with a girl, and he looked mellow and way happier than I wanted him to ever be with someone else.”

“In other words, you didn’t want to share him.”

“Jiminnie’s mine, and no one else would have him,” Taehyung says, which earns an annoyed look from Yoongi.

“Jimin was picked up from the streets from Haneul. She gave him a place to sleep, and food and basic necessities. She was the one who nursed him back to health even with a festering wound on his leg,” Yoongi says, gripping the bedsheets. “You should be feeling glad they met.”

“Maybe,” Taehyung says, turning around to meet Yoongi’s eyes. “I don’t know what to feel anymore.”

Yoongi bites his lip, as Taehyung closes his eyes again. Taehyung must trust him to open up so much.

When Yoongi asks why, Taehyung replies, “Because you were the only one who cared enough about me after Jimin.”

*

“I got him, just like you said I had to,” Jackson says, twirling his gun in his hand as he looks over at Bambam, who’s playing with his bombs and explosives as usual.

“Right,” the guy on the other end speaks into the phone, the low reception in the area making the static crackle. “Next is the girl. I emphasize this again. We need the bunny.

“I got a better idea, boss. You’re boyfriends with that clueless kid, right?”

“He’s older than you,” the guy says. “And yes, I am. Why?”

“You should kidnap him, then ask for the bunny,” Jackson grins, as Youngjae comes back from his rounds, blood on his T-shirt.

There’s silence, and Jackon’s suddenly scared he might have said something wrong, when there’s a laugh on the other end.

“You’re smarter than I gave you credit for, Jackson-ssi.”

“Which is why I do what I do,” Jackson winks over at Yugyeom who’s just appeared from the bath, dressed in only a pair of slacks. “Anyways, see you later, boss. I can surround her house, if you like, or we can act as your lackeys, though I think Jaebum-hyung wouldn’t like that.”

There’s a chuckle from the other end, “Whatever you want, Jackson-ssi. I’ll be seeing you. Call if there’s any updates…and if the monkey’s not dead.”

“Okie! I’ll be seeing you, boss!”

“Who was that on the other end?” Jinyoung, who’s racing Jaebum in a game of Mario Kart, asks as he beats Jaebum again, and Jaebum throws the controller in the air, yelling, “I’m done with this !”

“Boss,” Jackson replies simply.

“I heard my name, and we’re not going to be anyone’s lackeys. Not even the boss!”

“Why do we keep calling him boss? It’s not like we’re his subordinates. We’re just random assassins trying to put food on the table,” Yugyeom suddenly asks, and Jackson laughs.

“He’s just my friend, Yugyeom-ah, and we all got used to it.”

“Right. So, who’s next?” Yugyeom asks.

“The boy that boss’s ‘dating’,” Jackson puts up his fingers to form quotation marks. “Come on, we’ve got to move it. It happens tonight. Grab your stuff and we’re heading out!”

*

Haneul awakens the next day to a cold bedside, and she wonders where Jungkook has gone, because he’s left his stuffed dog there. She picks it up, smiling, before heading back to Jungkook’s room.

She hears the smell of frying eggs from outside, and a sudden scream as there is a loud sizzling sound. She hurries down to the kitchen and sees Hoseok yelling as he washes his arm under cold, running tap water.

“Oh my God don’t die Hobi!”

Haneul helps him patch up his burn as Jungkook walks out, looking apologetic.

“Sorry, I was trying to make breakfast for you and Hobi-hyung tried to help me…but I think I put too much oil…”

“It’s okay,” Hoseok waves it off and Haneul smiles, at least, until her phone buzzes, and Seokjin’s contact appears. She looks at the text message that Seokjin has sent her and her blood runs cold.

We’ve got your little princess now. Meet us at his house. ~Jackson

*