2015年10月26日

A Heart made of Millions

October 26th, 2015

It was weird to get a text message from Yifan with a short notice to be at the HIT FM Radio Station around two o’clock, because Yifan usually made sure to send cocky comments and winking emojis along with his schedule. This time, he didn’t and he didn’t even give out the address. It almost read like a huge ‘ You’ to the journalist and it irritated him to a great extent.

Yixing spent the morning working on possible articles, but nothing worked out, because no matter how hard he tried to be professional, his brain got flashed with pictures of him pressing his body against Yifan’s and he got so hot he actually thought of turning on the AC in late October. He didn’t know what to do about the situation. It didn’t seem like Yifan was up for a clarifying discussion on what was actually going on. Neither did Yao Yao. Luhan had pressed Yixing to cut ties with him after Yixing had told him that the other guy didn’t even call him a ‘fake ’ but also tossed food at him.

“See?! I knew it! He acts all nice and flirty and perfect and now he showed his real face!” Luhan had cried out, “If he’s acting like this already, what do you think will happen if you two are going steady and you won’t act like he wants you to? Seriously, this sounds like he’s some kind of abusive . Stay away from him! Lose his number!”

Yixing wouldn’t go that far and call Yao Yao an ‘abusive ’ though, maybe just a plain and simple ‘’. But thinking about Luhan’s words made him realize that his roommate was probably right. It was just utterly shocking to see how the man Yixing had deemed as soft and loving could turn into this. And maybe there was an even part of the blame to share – making out with another guy while kind of seeing another one wasn’t morally correct either. The situation was, to put it bluntly, ed up. Yixing had tried to contact Yao Yao to talk this through, but he wouldn’t pick up and he had the feeling that Yao Yao wouldn’t ever pick up any call from him again. So before he got up to catch the subway to get to the radio station, he decided to write a message:

I see that I did you wrong and you have every right to be mad at me. I would’ve liked to talk to you about this like adults but you are not picking up your phone. So I guess a message has to suffice for now. I think we both know that this needs to end. You probably lost your faith in me and I have to admit I’m taken aback by your hostility and I don’t want to be with someone who calls me a and tosses things at me. I don’t think we should keep this going. Sorry this didn’t work out.

Afterwards, he deleted Yao Yao’s contact and stuffed his phone into the pocket of his coat. With that being somehow dealt with, he could concentrate on what to do with that annoying prince of his who seemed to be pissed at him too. But even after riding the subway for a whole hour he hadn’t thought of anything useful and his heart sunk when he neared the building where the radio station was located in and Yifan was already waiting for him at the entrance. He tried a smile and Yifan cracked one too, but it was super awkward.

“So what are you doing here?” Yixing asked and tried to get back to business.

“Just some interview… giveaway stuff for the parties… me acting like I actually care what people think of me… the usual stuff.”

“And I have to come with you and hold your hand?”

They stepped into the building and walked over to the elevator. For a second Yifan’s face lit up, but then he remembered he had to be grumpy again, so he pulled himself together and pressed the button to get the elevator.

“It’s not like you have anything to do anyways.”

“Wow, that’s my line. Copyright, you know?”

“I’m pretty sure you don’t own that line, writer or not.”

“Seriously, are we back to square one here?” Yixing asked in a rather y tone when they got into the elevator and Yifan pressed the 19 to drive up.

“What do you mean?”

“Your stupid attitude!” The younger one lashed out, “Are you trying to punish me for what happened yesterday? Seriously, I’m sick of that. It’s not like I deliberately told Yao Yao to show up on my doorway! And by the ing way, I cut him off.”

Yifan raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“What was that?”

“I told him nicely to himself and deleted his number. So there’s that.”

“You did?”

“Do you want to check?!” Yixing retorted and handed Yifan his phone, “Here, check my contacts, he’s gone and he probably won’t bother me anymore.”

Yifan took Yixing’s extended hand with the phone and pulled him a little closer, then he shook his head and his lips parted into a smile.

“No, I believe you.”

Then he leaned in for a kiss but Yixing jerked away.

“Don’t do that! Cameras!”

Yifan rolled his eyes and looked up into the corner where the red light of the camera blinked at them, almost like a wink telling them ‘I see you’.

“So what?”

“So… Yifan, people are already talking, okay? My co-workers judge me hard already and I’m just waiting for my boss to call me into her office to drag my .”

The prince tilted his head and shot Yixing a questioning look. The smaller one sighed and shook off Yifan’s hand to show him that horrible OMG! Magazine article that boasted over those Disneyland pictures and a possible relationship between the two men. There was a surprised sound escaping Yifan’s throat as he took Yixing’s phone and read the article.

“You didn’t know?”

“No, I hardly care about what is being said about me. Most of the time it’s nothing nice anyway,” Yifan explained and scrolled down to the end.

When the elevator doors opened Yifan handed back the phone and whispered with a smug smile on his face:

“I’ll get that kiss today though.”

“Ugh.”

Yixing followed Yifan with an epic eye roll and caught himself getting petty at the thought that Yifan might haven’t even read his articles. How rude of him to say most of the stuff wasn’t nice anyway when Yixing had outdone himself on finding positive things to write about the prince, to the point he thought he might have been high during the writing process! Yifan strode to the recording studio and knocked against the glass door. The female VJ looked up from a paper she had been reading and when she saw him, her face lit up in joy and she dashed forward to open the door.

“My prince! I’m so glad you made it!”

She bowed numerous times and Yifan stepped in, taking her hand and patting the back of it.

“I’m glad I got invited, Liqian. It’s been a while, right?”

She nodded. Yixing guessed she was in her late thirties, her body too skinny for her head, indicating she had maltreated it with countless diets to keep her 45 kilos. When she saw Yixing, her smile froze for a second and Yixing had the feeling she knew him from that article.

“Oh, yes, this is Zhang Yixing,” Yifan introduced him, “He’s tagging along too, I hope you don’t mind.”

“I will just wait outside, I won’t bother you too much,” Yixing threw in and Liqian called over another VJ going by the name Max to take care of Yifan’s company.

There was a small office next to the studio with a big window showing the table where the VJs did their work at. Yixing got offered some refreshments and he sat down next to Max who eyed him curiously, but he didn’t dare to talk to him.

“Okay, do I have to address the big elephant in the room?” Yixing asked after a minute of being stared at.

“I don’t know what you mean!” Max tried to talk himself out of the situation but Yixing shut him up with one glance.

“I guess you’ve read that OMG Magazine article, right?”

“Who hasn’t? It’s been trending on Weibo for two days now.” The other one finally admitted with an apologetic smile.

Max seemed to be a rather cool guy so Yixing explained while he watched how Liqian put headphones on Yifan’s head and prepared him for the interview:

“That was what I feared. But seriously, nothing’s going on between us. I’m just doomed to tail his 24/7. Do you want to know what I told him back then?”

The VJ shifted his weight and looked attentively at the journalist, eager to get exclusive information nobody else would.

“I told him to off.”

Max’s mouth dropped open and he pointed to the studio where Yifan got some last minute instructions from his co worker.

“You…? Talk like that to him?”

“Yeah.”

Yixing shrugged his shoulders and Max looked at him as if he couldn’t decide if Yixing was super cool or just downright crazy. The song that was playing came to an end and Liqian hurried over to her place to put her own headphones on. Then she activated her microphone. Yifan was seated on the other side and Yixing had a perfect view on his side profile. The prince looked over to them and gave Yixing a thumbs up. Yixing didn’t know what for, but he played along and put his own up too.

“Do you want to listen?” Max asked but didn’t wait for an answer.

He pushed a button and the background noise got louder. The last tunes of one of the newer pop songs blasted out of the speakers, then Liqian started to speak:

“Hello everybody, this is your VJ Liqian and you’ve just tuned in right in time to welcome our special guest at ‘Afternoon Hits’! I’m actually very very nervous,” She let out a girlish giggle and Yifan scoffed too but his microphone wasn’t activated yet so that went unnoticed, “Thank you very much for coming over, my prince! Yes, everybody, you heard that right, we’ve got none other than Wu Yifan with us in the studio today!”

She hit the power button for Yifan’s microphone and Yifan said in a lower voice than usual:

“The pleasure’s all mine Liqian, thank you for having me.”

That did this on purpose, and Yixing knew it. The journalist bit his tongue to prevent a frustrated groan escaping his throat. Liqian and Yifan shared a heartfelt laughter before the woman got back to topic:

“My prince, we’ve heard that the preparations for your birthday are in the making as we speak, how’s it going so far?”

“Oh, it’s going pretty well, actually. We’ve got some great things planned out, starting with that Halloween Party. Which we will actually give away some invitations for, am I right?”

“Aaaand there he let the cat out of the bag, my dear listeners!”

“Ugh, Liqian is so fake sometimes, he is just following the concept she’s sent him prior to that interview…” Max scoffed and Yixing giggled at his comment.

Liqian told the listeners to stay tuned for more information on how to win invitations and referred to their official Weibo, Twitter and Facebook account where listeners could leave their questions for the prince.

“Of course you can also just call us in the studio and have a little chat with our charming boy over here!” She beamed and gave out the number for the studio.

“Would you actually try and call in? Like? Having a chat with Wu Yifan?”

“Probably not. He’s horrible when it comes to holding conversations on a phone,” Yixing answered, triggering another giggle out of Max.

Liqian started Lady Gaga’s “Do what U want” and turned the microphones off. Max checked the radio’s social media accounts on the laptop in front of him and sighed.

“Aaaand there we go…” He said as he skimmed through the comments and mentions, “Man, Zhang Yixing, most of the people are asking about you actually.”

“Oh god, please… that’s what I dreaded.”

Max gave him a pitiful look and then read out one question out loud:

I’d like to ask if the rumors are true that you are seeing the journalist Zhang Yixing? Are you two dating? I’d be super glad if you did! I guess you have to get used to it… I mean, not that I have anything against gay people, but the prince being rumored to be in a relationship with a man has got some folks riled up.”

Folks. Okay. Try harder to be cool next time, Yixing thought but swallowed the comment. Instead, he said:

“Well, after his birthday I’ll be gone so I just have to sit this out for two more weeks and I’m a free man again.”

Max nodded and sent some questions over to the studio and Liqian told Yifan to take a look at the questions he wanted to answer. They usually didn’t do that, Max let Yixing know. But nobody wanted to step on the prince’s toes, so they had decided to let him choose the final questions that would make it on the show.

“But you can’t filter the callers though,” Yixing said.

“Well, we cannot prevent everything, can we?”

Before they could continue Liqian got back on air to shoot the first fan questions at Yifan. Yixing was glad Yifan had only chosen innocuous questions like “What do you like to do in your free time?” or “If you were emperor already, what would you want to change immediately?” (“I like to play basketball with my friends, actually. I don’t want to brag, but I’m pretty good at that.” and “Hmmm, maybe I’d change something about our educational system, it’s a mess. Sorry grandfather, but your decisions don’t work for modern society anymore! May you rest in peace!”).The journalist relaxed when the first round of questions went by without any mention of Yixing and the next three songs got played.

“Next is the phone call round, it’s going to be interesting!” Max informed.

“I suddenly feel a little sick,” Yixing admitted and the VJ laughed.

“I can just cut them off if they get too nosy.”

“That’s a rather weak comfort, but thanks.”

“Anytime, man!” Max retorted and when the phone rang he wiggled his eyebrows and picked it up putting the caller on speaker, “Hello, this is Max from HIT FM, congratulations, you’re going to have a little chat with the prince!”

“Oh my GOD really?! ! I didn’t think I’d get picked?!!” A shriek girl voice squealed.

“Well, here you are though sweety! Have you prepared your question?”

“Umm… oh god, oh god, oh god! Umm, yes, of course! Oh god, is this really happening?!”

Yixing shook his head in disbelief because he just didn’t understand how Yifan could’ve had the same effects on teenage girls as Justin Bieber or one of those Kpop boybands that flooded over from South Korea on almost a daily basis.

“It is! Just hold the line, I’ll connect you to our studio in one minute and Liqian will take care of you!”

“Jesus ing Christ!”

“Yeah, maybe keep the swear words out please.”

“Oh! Um! Sure! Oh god!”

Max rolled his eyes and when a rather old Chinese pop song had finally found its end, Liqian introduced Yifan once again and saw there was a caller in the line.

“I see we have a caller! Are you ready, my prince?”

“Of course I am!” Yifan answered with a smirk and a wink that flustered the woman.

She took the call after biting her lips and Yixing frowned at her and almost wished to tell her that Yifan was surely not flirting with her:

“Hello! This is Liqian and you’re live on air, my dear! What’s your name?”

“Uuuh… My name is Wang Xuxian…” The girl stammered.

“Hi Xuxian!” Yifan greeted and when she heard him, she barely could keep her cool and tried to drown another squeal of hers.

“How old are you, Wang Xuxian?” Liqian asked.

“I… I’m 19!”

“Are you done with school?” Yifan asked and Xuxian swooned once again.

“Um, yes, I’ve graduated and I have just started my freshman year at university… I major in engineering.”

“Wooooooow, this is amazing!” Yifan exclaimed and added, “To all the girls out there: Wang Xuxian should be your role model, don’t be afraid of things that are deemed as ‘boy stuff’, you can rock this stuff just as great!”

“The ing hell man he is such an idiot,” Yixing muttered and Max tried to hide his smile.

Not that the message wasn’t a good one, but it just wasn’t genuine coming from Yifan who probably had never even thought about matters regarding gender norms.

“Oh my god, thank you my prince,” Xuxian breathed.

“Wang Xuxian, what question do you have for our prince?” Liqian said to not let the conversation get out of hand.

“Oh, yes! My question is: Are you really dating Zhang Yixing or is this just a rumor?”

“Ooooh dear lord, here we go,” Yixing whimpered and closed his eyes, as if that would change his fate.

When he opened his eyes again Yifan just sat in his chair grinning before he said:

“Someone’s been reading OMG Mag recently, huh?”

“We… well, it’s the hottest topic on Weibo too!” Xuxian defended herself.

“No, my dear, we aren’t dating. It’s just rumors, but I have to admit, this rumor is one of the more entertaining ones. And I don’t blame people to think that, Yixing is a really handsome man and has a great personality, no matter who gets to date him is a very lucky person. I kind of feel honored people think he wants to be with me.”

Xuxian and Liqian let out an “Awwww!” and even Max thought Yifan’s statement was cute. Yixing was just glad the older one didn’t try to pour oil into the fire by making smug comments and somehow confirming these horrible rumors that could end his career with the blink of an eye.

“So you’re just friends?” Xuxian asked.

“Hmmmm, I haven’t asked him, but what about we’ll do right now? Yixiiiiing…!”

“Just a little explanation: Yixing is here too, he tagged along for his article,” Liqian threw in while Yifan turned his chair towards the window to the office and Yixing buried his face in his hands.

So much to that. No smug comments. No bull. When would he ever learn that being with Wu Yifan was a constant battle to remain sane?

“Come on, Yixing, thumbs up if we’re friends, thumbs down if we’re not!” Yifan cried out and Yixing was very close to give him a thumbs down like Caesar used to do in Rome after a Gladiator match, but he put it up which made Yifan clap.

“He says yes! We’re friends! I’ve leveled up!”

“Is he always like that?” Max asked.

“Oh, you have no idea. It’s horrible.”

“Man, I really don’t envy you.”

“Thanks?”

Liqian said goodbye to Xuxian and then she decided to stay with the dating topic.

“So, you’re single?”

“Yepp. No strings attached to anyone.”

Even though Yixing was glad Yifan didn’t chatter away their awkward make out session, he felt a knot in his stomach when he heard those words. He scolded himself to stop being a petty idiot and Liqian asked:

“So what are you looking for in a girl? You seem to have a type for models.”

“Yeaaaah, I just appreciate beauty when I see it,” Yixing and Max let out a gagging noise in unison and had to laugh at each other, “But I think my taste has shifted a little. It’s not too much about looks anymore. I think personality is more important.”

“Then what should your future girlfriend’s personality be like?”

Yifan leaned forward in his chair closer to the microphone.

“I think I need someone who’s very down to earth. Someone who brings me back to reality and doesn’t care about my title, because that’s the only thing that matters to most people. I really just want to look at them and think ‘Yes, this is it, I want to be with you for the rest of my life’ – oh yeah, and wit. I love people with good comebacks. It’s challenging, I like that.”

Liqian laughed at Yifan’s last sentence and Yifan stole a glance in Yixing’s direction which made the other one hope it went unnoticed by both Liqian and Max. When the next three songs were announced, Yifan got up and walked into the office.

“I really hate you,” Yixing said.

“Oooh, come on! Don’t be like that! We’re friends now, you said so yourself!”

Instead of commenting to that, Yixing said he’d be going to the bathroom. Yifan voiced that he was just about to do that too and followed him. Yixing hurried down the corridor and dashed into the men’s bathroom, hoping he’d be able to escape the taller one but right when the door closed Yifan pushed Yixing into one of the bathroom stalls and him against the tiled wall.

“Don’t!” Yixing hissed but Yifan crashed his lips against Yixing’s already, drowning the protest of the smaller one.

“Are you ing crazy?!” Yixing managed to jerk his head away from Yifan’s seductive lips, “You just denied any rumors between us and then you shove me into this bathroom stall?! What if someone sees us?!”

“I know, isn’t that absolutely thrilling?” Yifan responded and pulled Yixing closer, one of his large hands grabbing Yixing’s behind with a naughty smile on his lips.

“ing weirdo, let go of me! This isn’t a game, okay?”

He did, but Yifan’s look gave away that he wouldn’t give up that easily.

“You know it wouldn’t hurt you to relax for five minutes.”

“Relax?!” Yixing scoffed and grabbed Yifan’s shoulders to shake him a little, “Yifan, wake up! This isn’t just you risking your image of a straight privileged rich male, this is also involving me and my life. It affects me. And my work! I just want to write, and I don’t want my cheesy articles about you to be the last thing I’m publishing.”

The words seemed to get through to Yifan in a way. He nodded, put his own hands on Yixing’s and squeezed them.

“Okay… then I guess I’ll have to step back. I wouldn’t want you to suffer because of me.”

“Ugh, Yifan, I didn’t mean it like that, for god’s sake!” Yixing slipped and wasn’t even sure how exactly he had meant his words, “I just want you to be careful for once. Think before you speak. Show some common sense.”

Both of them stood still for a beat, then Yifan showed a relieved smile, looking unbelievably cute while doing so.

“Then I’ll get going first, huh? To not make them suspicious?”

“Wow, you’re finally using that brain of yours. I’m proud of you.”

Yifan chuckled and pressed his lips against Yixing’s forehead before he left the bathroom. Yixing leaned against the wall, rubbing his tingling forehead and exhaling a long breath. In that moment, he just knew he was done for. He was way too deep to back out now and had the premonition that this wouldn’t just be over after Yifan’s birthday. He got out of the bathroom stall and stepped forward to the sink to get some cool water on his face while he asked himself if he did want everything to end in two weeks. He tried to talk himself into thinking that yes, he wanted this to be finished already. He wanted his old life back. But then again, he knew that this was going to be a rather luckless effort. A little disgruntled Yixing retreated to the office and sat back down next to Max while Liqian had another caller in the studio who got picked to get one of the first ten invitations. The girl screamed into the phone while Yifan just smiled, clearly enjoying the effect he had on others.

“I bet she’s now going to imagine how she meets him at this party and he falls in love with her…” Max grunted and rolled his eyes.

“Well…” Yixing started and then shrugged his shoulders to stop himself from saying “No, he won’t fall in love with her.”

Liqian told the listeners that during the next few days, others will have a chance to get their hands on some invitations too and explained how they could enter the giveaway. Then she proceeded with some more questions and happy chatter with Yifan, before she announced the end of the interview.

“Unfortunately, our time’s up my dear prince,” she said and Yifan pouted.

“It’s been an amazing time, Liqian, thank you very much! I’ll gladly come back if you want me to!”

“Oh, I’d love that. Maybe you can start here as a VJ, your voice is very suited for the radio,” she responded with a wink and Yixing suppressed another grunt.

This lady was actually really flirting with Yifan, even though she was almost ten years older than him and so clearly out of his league. The audacity!

“You know, if the whole governing thing doesn’t work out for me, I’ll come back at you and your offer,” Yifan said and made Liqian laugh.

“Do you have anything you want to say to our audience? Or do you have a song wish?”

“Hmmmm…” Yifan made and added, “Be nice, people. Stay in school, don’t do drugs,” Yixing scoffed and Max raised an eyebrow at the guy next to him, “Do your thing, no matter what others say about it. Oh yeah, and can you maybe play ‘Lady Killers’ by G-Eazy? It’s kind of my jam right now.”

“Not that ing song oh god,” Yixing moaned in agony and rolled his eyes.

“So, you heard it people, listen to our prince! And of course, we’ll play the song for you!”

Yifan said goodbye, turned his microphone off and took his headphones down to place them on the table. Liqian first played Kesha’s ‘Die Young’ while she looked Yifan’s wish up and put it into her music queue. Yifan dashed back into the office and swung himself on the table next to Yixing.

“So, how was I?”

“Do you really want me to pat your back now or what?”

“Oh I could really use that, I’m a little stiff around the shoulders.”

Max chuckled in between the song lyrics he jammed to in accent free English and said:

“You know, I don’t want to offend anyone, but you two are really like an old married couple.”

“That’s what Yili says all the time, too,” Yifan admitted with a bright smile.

“Yeah too bad gays can’t marry in this country,” Yixing retorted with an annoyed tone in his voice.

“Hey, that would be an agenda!” Max threw in and Yifan looked like his suggestion was something to think over.

“Oh please, don’t give him ideas, he’s got a whole lot of other things to sort out first.”

Yifan slapped Yixing’s shoulder for that comment and then the first tunes of Ladykillers came on which distracted Yifan so much he let Yixing off the hook. It was like someone had pulled on a switch and Yifan let out his secret Gangsta. Yes, with an A.

Got on my leather jacket, thriller, there sure ain’t nothin’ iller
Man I’m a lady killer, if I want her I’mma steal her!
I promise I could make her fly away like caterpillars,
So if you don’t know by now then you should probably get familiar.”

“Stop it Yifan, you’re embarrassing…” Yixing muttered while Yifan jammed along as if he was G-Eazy himself as the first lines of the verse came on.

Max started to laugh and Yixing whined:

“Don’t encourage him, okay? It’s just going to get worse from this point on!”

Yifan didn’t seem to mind that Yixing thought he was an embarrassing douchebag and by the end of the song in which Yifan proclaimed along with Hoodie Allen that whoever’s girls was “on some Romeo and Juliet ‘cause she would rather kill herself than ever be with you again”, Yixing grunted, Max laughed and Liqian who had joined them in the office praised Yifan for his rapping skills. Yixing hated her.

“Okay, time to go now!” The journalist said when the song had finally come to an end.

After Yifan promised Liqian to come back one day he followed Yixing to the elevator, still mumbling song lyrics.

“So, lunch?” He asked Yixing who fetched the elevator.

“I need to get back to the office, but thanks though.”

“Boooh, you won’t even let me take you out for lunch?”

“I have to get work done, okay?”

Yifan clicked his tongue and then said:

“Then let me at least drop you off at the office.”

Sitting in the Bentley was much nicer than taking public transportation, so Yixing accepted the offer. When they were seated in the car and the driver maneuvered it onto the main street, Yifan said:

“That was actually nice for a change. I like Liqian.”

“Yeah, except for all her annoying flirting, that was actually super embarrassing to witness.”

“Aiii, Yixing!” Yifan cooed and put an arm around the other one, “Are you jealous?”

The driver sighed and rolled up the partition to the driver’s seat to give them privacy. Yixing wasn’t sure if he should be happy about the discretion, because it somehow implied he believed the dating rumors.

“Jealous my ! It was just super awkward, she’s like ten years older than you.”

“Don’t worry my dear, I only got my eyes on you!”

The answer was another eye roll and Yifan kissed Yixing’s cheek softly. Then his lips searched for the other’s who pressed his lips together, not willing to give in that easily.

“No need to be mad at me, baby. Did you even realize I was talking about you when I said what I was looking for?”

Yixing was sold with those words.

“You are so sappy it’s disgusting!” He hissed through his teeth and pulled Yifan closer by the neck to seal their lips.

Yifan smiled into their kiss and after a forty minutes ride Yixing’s lips were numb from all the smooching and biting and he was also sure Yifan had left a rather visible hickey on his neck. God, why did Yifan have that kind of power over him?

“Thanks for the ride,” Yixing said and let go of him when the car got to a halt in front of his office building.

“I’ll call you.” Was Yifan’s answer and he brushed their noses together, the movement so cheesy it made Yixing’s stomach turn.

Or at least that’s what he said it was. Overly cheesy. Disgusting. Not what he wanted, when he clearly liked it. It was horrible how he couldn’t bring himself to enjoy this, because Yixing felt that he had to prevent himself to fall hard back down on the floor of reality after Yifan’s birthday when he wasn’t able to be around him anymore. In two weeks, everything would be back to normal and he knew that he didn’t stand a chance with Yifan. He was convinced that he wasn’t partner-material for the Prince of China, mostly because he was a man and China was still overly homophobic. Rumors could be handled, but he didn’t want to even think about what would happen if rumors turned out to be true.

“Hmmm,” he just answered and finally got out of the car.

When he walked through the open plan office, he put the collar of his coat up to not let people see Yifan’s bite marks on his neck.


HI I AM ALIVE SORRY TO KEEP ALL OF YOU WAITING THIS LONG FORGIVE ME.