Our Brother

SILHOUETTE

S.Coups POV.

Today will be nice if we can go out since I got off day. I asked Mingyu, Vernon and Wonwoo to hang out because they don’t have any classes today and everyone was free. I smiled once read their response in LINE chat. I quickly dress up with my casual outfit. I usually wear a hat, but today I think it must be nice if I can feel my hair without cover up.               

I don’t know why this morning my hyung too nice until he not made usual breakfast; toast and milk but it was pancake and my favorite milkshake, with a note “Sorry dear I need to go first”. I ate till finish then clean up the table. I smiled and thankful to have brother like him even he cannot accompany me to eat.

 My hyung always go to his work in early morning. He is workaholic since our mom died in an accident. By the way, we are not same father, so my first name is Choi while he is Seo. Actually our dads were not a very nice person since they just want to get our mom service. Yes she is private ; exclusive and honestly I don’t like my mom work but because I have same face with my hyung that go over by my mom so I just love to see my hyung face, we got pale white skin, also we have cute dimple. Then my hyung and I decided to live far from them. Then hyung works well. He can give me comfortable home, all need is enough. I not worry about me anymore but my hyung because he always earns money even when he sick. But I promised to him that I always by his side. I remembered he smiled and hugged me once I said like that. He grabbed my hand and hugged me back. That day he cried and I asked why but he just smiled. Seriously its hurt but I don’t want to burden him so much. I wait for it. Silent. He still not answers it till now.

 I walked to our normal meeting place; playground in our apartment area. Mingyu, Vernon, Wonwoo and I were best friends since primary school and lived in same apartment, but Mingyu lived nearly our apartment. Even we are not in the same grade but I really enjoy when they just call me without honor words. It is awkward if they call me “hyung”. I sat on the swing. Wait about 5 minutes. Then someone closed my eyes from back.

“Hyung ah, just close the eyes, okay,” Mingyu voice made me annoyed. I said it be awkward to call me hyung.

“What you are doing. And please call me Coups, pabo,”

“Ayo Coups so what you see now?” Vernon asked. My brow furrowed.

“Stupid Vernon. It must be blank and I could not see anything, stupid,”

“Coups can you remember what today is?” I heard Wonwoo far from my in front.

“Hey, what today is? Please shut up. You all have shock me and I couldn’t think properly,” I tried to think and it nothing. Mingyu leave me. I saw Wonwoo brought a cake, Vernon brought some present and Mingyu wore clown outfits. I laughed a little see Mingyu’s nose was bright red. Mingyu and Vernon knelt and grabbed my hand. They took me to Wonwoo and ask me made a wish. Then they shouted “HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUPS” Oh my God! My birthday was today! I laughed because I forgot it and slowly closed my eyes. I wished I have long-lived with my beloved brother, my best friends, make them happy and achieve what I want. I blew the candles.

 Suddenly I heard many people clapped and sang Happy Bithday to me. I turn back. I saw many kids that usually playing at the playground in the evening clapping their hand. They ran to me and hugged my leg. They are too cute because ask me some cakes. I looked at Mingyu, Vernon and Wonwoo. They laughed to me because I was confused if the cake was enough or not. Wonwoo cuts the cakes into pieces and I smiled to him. It’s okay if we are not eating it as long the kids happy. The kids ran to Wonwoo. But Vernon voiced them to wash hand first. He opened the mineral water bottle and asks them to line up to wash the hands. The kids followed made me laugh see Vernon’s personality that look like a caring dad. Then I saw Mingyu busy blew the balloons. I helped him and I knew he want to give the balloons to those kids. I saw all my friends can get marry already. Serious because it is too obvious that they care about the kids more than me. But I not offended with it but I am happy to see today too nice with the nice weather with nice persons besides.

After the kids done playing with us mostly with Mingyu and took some picture with us, we sat on the benches.

“Guys, really thanks. I am seriously forget today was my birthday. Seriously,”

“Yahh, HAPPY BIRHTDAY!” Mingyu gave me the red nose. I gave a slow punch because it is too funny. Wonwoo and Vernon laughed and had taken some my picture with that nose.

“You no need to do these things actually. It really okay if you can just wishes me in chat,”

“Oh man, come on. We did nothing special it just cliché surprise,” Vernon said. He always talks in the rapping style. I smiled to him as sign that I proud of them. I thankful that have companions like them.

“I hope you’ll be happy with us and our hyung,” Wonwoo remembered me to my hyung that they also feel that my hyung also their hyung.

“This,” Vernon gave a present.

“Also this,” Wonwoo gave me another. I started to be touched.

“And from me, hyung,” Mingyu said. I ignored the “hyung” called. I hugged them.  My eyes start glassy. I hope this can be forever. Please let these persons always with me.

“Coups ah, this is from our hyung. He had came to my home and ask to give this after he knew that we want to give a little surprise to you,” Wonwoo gave another big present one. They asked me to open hyung’s present. I slowly open. It was a big frame that full with our picture. From my 12th birthday till 20th birthday pictures. Because today was my 21st birthday I guess it will be another frame. I didn’t realize that my tears fell down until I feel Mingyu wipe my tears up. Why I being too sensitive today?

“Thanks guys,” I hugged them again.

“It will be nicer if we have drink now,” Vernon teased.

“You all still kids, okay?” I said. Vernon pouted and Wonwoo punch his shoulder while laughing. Mingyu smiled and hugged me.

“Later later,” I tried.

Kangjoon POV.

I feel guilt with my lovely brother. I hope the special breakfast and present can made him smile today. It only special when his birthday came, I hope he can forgive me because I can do nothing. I cannot spend the times in the early morning. When I come home I saw he sleep already and I don’t want to disturb him. I hate these works. I apply the leave for spend today with his friends also. But because my work too risk, I need to punctual. Yes work as bodyguard not an easy thing. I just pray that my brother will understand this. If I am not work I will not able to have money. And with this work I can get better salary.

Night. I went home. I saw Coups on the couch. Seem he wait for me. He ran to me and hugged me tightly. I shocked but I just let him hug. I hit slowly on his back.

“Why dear?”

“Hyung, thanks for everything. I just thankful to have you,”

“Okay okay. I am sorry for not spend a time to you yeah I am busy but seriously sorry,”

“No hyung. I am okay. But can you help me?”

“What kind of help dear, sure can,”

“Where should we put this frame? You did nice hyung,” I smiled that his face showed him like with my present. I can see he smiled to me back. With his cute dimple. I laughed. He also start laugh.

I took the frame and put besides our room. He put his arm on my shoulder. I look at him. His smile made me relieved. At least I can made him smile

“If tonight can you accompany me drink, hyung? I will ask my friends to come,”

“Sure!” Yes! I can spend the night with him seem tomorrow still his off day. He jumps happily and kissed my cheek. I punch his shoulder slowly while laugh. I saw he start calling his friends. And I knew who they were.

I asked Coups to stay at home and I went to market buy some drinks and snacks. I know he will treat well his friends than me. I walked along the dim streets. I took a shortcut. I heard someone followed me from behind. I tried to walk faster. For sudden a man with dark outfit, I could not see his face that cover up with mask appeared in front me. He did not say anything but the man showed me a picture of Jeonghan; the person that I need to protect since I work as bodyguard. He has cut the picture and burnt it. My brow furrowed. I not understand.

“I didn’t get it. What you want?” I bravely asked. He laughed with the hoarse voice. He remembered me to my father. This voice and stare same to my father. Is it he?

“Dad?” I started shivering. I hope that was not him. Please I hate to see him since my childhood was meaningless. Please let me free with my Coups. Just please go. The man laughed. I knelt.

“Please go. What you want?” I cried. I don’t know why I started act like that.

He start hit my head. He slapped me continuously. Still hurt like I am kid. I cannot hit him since I cannot recognize this man. Even I am a bodyguard but I not use that tactic on wrong place. Because I promised to Coups and mom that even what my dad doing just let him does. If I betrayed it, Coups, his friends also Jeonghan will be in danger because my dad can do more than if we not do like he want. I tried ran from him but my head start hurt and my view not really clear.

“What you want?”

“An answer why you leave with those debts that your mom did,” his voice made me shudder.

“Who are you?” for sudden I got another hit on my head.

“Clear up the debts. I will leave you some calls and messages,”

“And then please leave Coups and me. Don’t come again, please?” I ready to get the hit. He went away after slap me. I could not see the things. I tired. It was not only about how hurt I got but I just want Coups living safely here. I tried to stand but my head gave such hard to make me stand up. Why he always beat me so hurt even I am still his son? Oh , I need to hurry. Coups and his friends must be waiting for the drinks. Please wake up Seo Kangjoon!

 

 

Mingyu POV.

Scoups’ day too nice to remember. Scoups and Kangjoon hyung always there when I need him. They knew what I kept. They will support me and others friends so I hope I can always by their side.

4 years ago,

“Mingyu stupid! Mingyu don’t have mommy. Mingyu son of !” those words hurt me so much. I don’t know who they are but I always got bullies from “Performance Unit”. They are quiet popular in my school. Even some of them are younger than me, but the always did something that offend me.  Please stop guys, I also a human. I don’t want to be stupid and also an orphanage. The faith has arranged.

The place I went always school’s lavatory and cried there. I don’t know where place can I go since my dad always need to work hard. I want a protection. Stop those words.

The next day, I tried to avoid the students, but everyone just did like nothing happen. Some of them smiling to me and I not leave this opportunity so I smile them more. And some of them bow to me, and surprisingly I saw that the person bow to me is Dino; one of Performance Unit members. Some people came and give me a cup of coffee.

On break time, I went to school café and Performance Unit came to my table. They smiled to me and I bow to the leader, Hoshi hyung.  They sat together beside and in front me.

“First of all, we are sorry,” Hoshi hyung seem guilt with that voice. I shocked and just silent. Not because I am still mad to them but I just confuse.

“Yes, if you don’t mind please forgive us. We don’t know much about you but we bullied you with emotional abuse. I am sorry,” The8 is Chinese member; I also saw how guilt he was. Even some of his words are not clear, but I feel him learning Korean well.

“Hyung, actually I am just to bully seem I have a subject that you are hmm what rumor was spread. But you are not. I am more sorry than my others hyung,” Dino’s eyes glassy.

“I am sorry too. Let be friends, Mingyu-ssi?” Jun also the Chinese member start talk. I smiled to them and I saw they start seeing each other. Maybe confuse or shock with my reaction. I greet them.

“As long you know what wrong and said sorry, I am glad to be your best friend too,” I said with my happy voice.

“Oh this relieved me so much. Thanks Mingyu. So, can we eat now?” Hoshi wiped his chest.

“We are friends and no need ask permission for that,”

“Hyung, I am still sorry but I am hungry. I eat first,” Dino is so cute with that intonation how hungry he was. I laughed after saw Jun hit Dino’s head with his spoon. The8 gave me a bottle of mineral water. I smiled to him and said thanks. I just remember how happy I am with them. They invited me to go dance classes with them. I really want and I went sometimes. Slowly the break time ended.

All look nice to me today. Even it weird but I am really happy. Is this miracle, or before this I just dreamed. I went to rooftop after class end. Not for any crime but just to see the scenery from rooftop. Thanks God because I can release my tension here.  Someone poked me from behind. The nametag was “CHOI SEUNGCHEOL” with the maroon color nametag; senior. I bowed to him and he said please don’t. It must be awkward if I do not give an honor sign. But I confused, why he poked me?

“Hey I’m Seungcheol. Call me Coups,”

“Hello Coups hyung,’

“Oh no, just Coups. So are you feeling relieve now?”

“I don’t get it hyung?”

“COUPS! THIS KID,”

“Okay sorry. What you mean by relieve now?”

“People not call those words that you hate today, and you are not cry anymore,”

“Hmm, I realized it just now. But I am a bit confused. But I am too happy. How you know?”

“I always heard that. Even my classmates talk about you. Then I always went besides you. You never realized me, I guess,”

“Sorry I guess people around me just same. Call me with those words,”

“Not all of them say those words actually. Many of them actually like you. You are handsome and smart. But I found out that you easily give up when some people drag you down,’

“Hmm, what you want to say actually?” I really confuse with this hyung.

“Hey Mingyu. You know that actually us in the same situation?”

“Pardon?”

“Okay I let this in easy way. For honestly my mother was exclusive at her place. I have a hyung that really nice but we have different father. I felt what you feel. Since that I always follow you, I actually stare you from your back, I went to toilet and I can hear you cried, I have a paper you wrote that you hate to listen those words since you are good son,”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes I am really serious. I also shared this to my brother. Then my hyung said let the counselor know about this. We went to school yesterday. I did an appointment with our Mr. Kang. We gave our opinion to stop all this. Mr. Kang doesn’t know about you got emotional abuse by schoolmates, mostly by Performance Unit. And he insists that he will talk personally to other teachers. Seem everyone really shock. You are too smart and handsome also act like nothing happen but they seriously cannot see you got bully. The teachers took an action, you know what?”

“What?”

“The class teachers did call their parents to stop the things, and some of them went to their home after me mentioning most bad mouth person to you. Luckily, all knew the stories after that. You are not son of but your mom leaved you and father and don’t know where she is going,”

“How far you know about me?”

“Your locker sometime were not in lock mode. Wait, I am not a thief okay. Have one day I want to put present to you, but before I put it I can see many sticker with many words and pictures belonging to you, I read it, I saw it, I feel it,”

“You seriously a stalker, Coups,”

“But you remember the present or not?”

“Oh! The red one?”

“Yes!”

“Sorry Coups. I threw it away because I thought that a trick that will me down again,”

“Okay. It’s okay man,”

“Seriously sorry,”

“I am okay bro! It just nothing. Hey, let be friends?” he hugged my arm with his cute face. Oh he had cute dimple! I smiled and agreed.

 Wow this made me felt relieve. How can this miracle happen? Yes this is from you, Coups. I will be a really best for you. Promise!

The memories will be really memorable to me. I will never forget.

‘I WANNA BE YOUR MORNING BABY IJEBUTEO BE ALRIGHT, HAMKE INNEUN MORNING BABY I WANT U TO BE MY NIGHT’

My phone was ringing. The SEVENTEEN’s song made me smile because I can feel all their feeling in their song. And Scoups was set this song as my ringtone. I will never change this. I picked up the phone.

Mingyu-ssi,” “Yes hyung,” “Stop it,” “Okay okay, why?” “Hey, come here,” “Where?” “My home,”

I hang up. I took my jacket because it must be cold tonight. I not asking Coups why, but I knew if he ask to come, just come. Well, I never hesitate.

I walked through shortcut. I walked happily and I saw weird movement over the street. I slowly walk there, I have felt something wrong.

“Anyone there?” the man tried to say something. I heard and I walked nearly. I tried to go in front him. He tried to wake up and he end up to lean against the wall. When he showed up his face, I really shock!

“HYUNG!”

“Are you Mingyu?” he cannot open his eyes. He really tired and I thought it must be hurt because his nose bleeding, his left cheek started swollen. Maybe he can recognize my voice and he said is this me.

“Yes hyung. Yah! Why why? Hyung let me carry you on my back. Let’s go,” I took his hand slowly. I carried him on my back and went to clinic. But,

“Mingyu… I don’t want get treat at clinic. Please bring me home,”

“Hyung, you are in serious condition. Let me bring you to clinic,”

“I don’t want. At home, Scoups and you all can treat me,” his body became heavier. I felt he more exhausted. I went quickly to his home.

A few minutes, I arrived in front the 17th room. I rang the bell by my lips. Wonwoo open the door happily but for a second his face turned pale. I knew what he think was. He shouted calling Coups. Coups and Vernon ran and they prepared the bed for hyung. I saw Coups’ eyes glassy. I put hyung on the bed. I saw Vernon start the action. He took the towel and wet it. He prepared a bowl of water.

“Coups, where the first aid?” Wonwoo also tried to start the action. Coups not move but went to his brother. Wonwoo end up that with search by his own. I took what Vernon has prepared and slowly wipe the bleed. Coups slowly take the wet towel from my hand and clean hyung’s face. Wonwoo and Vernon open hyung’s jacket and shirt. They checked maybe hyung got another bleeding.

“What’s going on, Mingyu?” Coups start asked me. I open my jacket and take my long breath.

Vernon and Wonwoo seem busy check the wound. They tried to put some ointment and give the treat. Coups start wipes his hyung chest and hand. He slightly sees me with his sad face.

“I saw him over the dim street, I actually don’t know him at first but when I went nearly, he even can recognize me with my voice. His eyes cannot open and he voice also too slow. I carry him on my back and on the way to clinic, but I can hear his whisper that he wants to treat here by us,”

“Serious?” Vernon asked. I nodded.

“Who did this to our hyung?” Wonwoo asked and I shook.

“Guys,” Coups calling us. “I think his dad was here,”

Vernon, Wonwoo and I shocked and our eyes open as big as our eyes can. SERIOUS?

 

 

 

Okay, so how far my first chapter? Sorry if I cannot notice my grammar or spell error. I glad you likes and comments here. I will more strong with motivation. Subscribe and vote if it nice. Update in progress.