Second YES

Yes, Ssaem!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------------------------

 

 

It has been two weeks since Mr. Kim became our adviser. The ruckus have somewhat died down - not totally, but atleast students  don’t crowd in the canteen table nearest to the faculty room or have nonsense questions during discussion just to feel noticed.

 

And it’s been two weeks since I’ve been hanging out with Mr. Kim every after class… well, not really.

 

“But Ssaem…”

 

“Seonsaeng-nim. It’s been already two weeks Miss Jung and I told you, there’s no need for you to get my number.”

 

“You saw earlier right? I forgot to ask some concerns with you and we weren’t able to take it up at class. They were pissed with me during the review session because of that. What if it happens, again?”

 

“Then, make sure it wouldn’t happen again. It’s already 7 PM; your parents must be worried about you already.”

 

“Ssaem…”

 

“Come on Miss Jung, we should go already.”

 

Yes, I’ve been trying to get his number but always get rejected. It’s for school purposes though, not purely but still. Why won’t he just give it to me? He’s so frustrating but exciting. Mr. Kim is not a prude right or is he?

 

We’re about to part ways when I suddenly received a message.

 

From: Momma

Baby, Poppa and I will be going home late tonight because of work. Don’t skip dinner, okay? Mrs. Kang already left foods in the ref. We’re so sorry baby. Take care and be careful okay? We love you.

 

Aw, maybe I should just call them.

 

You do not have enough balance to make this call~

 

I stomped my feet. Taking a deep breath, I started to walk. Guess I’m gonna be alone for tonight with reheated food. This is just not a lucky day for me. First, I messed up with English class which made the after-class review session more tiring, I still didn’t get Mr. Kim’s number and now, my happy pills are not going to welcome me home.

 

“Miss Jung are you okay?”

 

“Yes, Ssaem… I mean seonsaeng-nim.”

 

“It’s okay to call me ‘Ssaem’ now since we’re not at school anymore. You suddenly became quiet.”

 

My eyes suddenly lit up. I can call Mr. Kim, ‘Ssaem’? Did I hear it right? Oh. My. Gosh.

 

“Ssaem?”

 

I was expecting that usual “It’s seonsaeng-nim, Miss Jung” line but he just looked at me and smiled. I swear Mr. Kim could literally light up the whole city with his smile.

 

Does this mean that I could really call him ‘Ssaem’ now?

 

“Ssaem? Ssaem. Ssaem! Ssaem! Oh my gosh, you’re not getting annoyed. I can really call you ‘Ssaem’ now! Ssaem. Ssaem~”

 

“Only if we are outside the school grounds Miss Jung, okay?”

 

“Ay. Miss Jung? You can me Soojung.”

 

“Soojung? I mean your papers say Krystal Jung.”

 

“Well, legally I’m Krystal Jung but since you gave me the chance to call you ‘Ssaem’ even if it’s just valid if we’re out in the school grounds, I’m also giving you the chance to call me by my real name. You are the only one whom I allowed so you should be honored.”

 

He giggled and my soul just fainted. He sound so much younger than he really is and so cute!

 

“I feel honored then. But wait, are taking a bus home or somebody will fetch you?”

 

And he just has to ruin the moment and remind me of going in an empty room and cold food. Well, speaking of food…

 

“Ssaem, do you want to eat dinner together?”

 

He looked at me with one of his eyebrows up in a curve line. “What?”

 

“I mean, let’s celebrate this moment! You let me call you ‘Ssaem’, I let you call me 'Soojung' and you just giggled for the first time ever. Don’t think I didn’t notice!”

 

“What? No. It’s already night and your parents must be worried about you. Go home now.”

 

“But Ssaem, I’m really hungry right now.” I put one of my hands in my forehead and bended a little while trying to slightly move towards the wall like I needed some support. “I don’t think I can make it until home. I don’t have the energy anymore. I’m so hungry!”

 

“Yah, are you okay?”

 

I leaned down a little more until he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter