The reason

We meet again

 

Lhian

“Karen?”

It was her.

“Lhian…” and she bowed. “Can we talk for a while?”

I really tried to be calm as much as possible .I didn’t know how to react because she was finally in front of me. I brought her to the garden of my flower shop and there we had a cup coffee at the cafeteria. She was with Jaesop – I got to meet him finally. He was adorably playing around the garden. As I looked at the kid, I couldn’t help but thought of AJ. He really looks like AJ. Karen must have noticed that I was staring at her son so she slightly grabbed my attention.

“Lhian…”

I snapped a bit when she called my name. “Oh yes?”

“Ahmm… I really don’t know what to say or how to start but I know that you already know something…”

I tried to covet the hurt in my face but I wasn’t really a good actress. Lhian, don’t cry. You need to be brave!  I thought as I convinced myself.

“Yes. I bet AJ told you…”

“Yes, he did. But believe me Lhian, I didn’t want to ruin your relationship. AJ loves you SO much and he’s really hurt right now.” She said. I could see the sincerity on her face.

“Yes. I love him too that’s why I’m also hurt.”

“I’m really sorry. I shouldn’t have come back.”

“And what? You’re going to keep and raise Jaesop alone? Do you think it is that easy?” I asked firmly.

She didn’t say anything and just sighed. But then, she continued.

“I know it wouldn’t be easy. I have hurt AJ before and I don’t want to hurt him again.”

“And what about Jaesop? You’re going to let him grow up without a father? Do you know how hard that it’s going to be?” I was still trying to stop my tears from falling.

Again, she remained quiet. She must have been having a hard time to answer my questions but I had to ask her directly. I needed to let everything out.

“Karen, do you still love him?”

She obviously got stoned with my question. She looked at me with these confused eyes and I could tell she didn’t get what I was trying to say.

“I mean, do you still love AJ?” as I continued.

“He loves you Lhian…”

“But, I’m asking you…”

“Why do you even bother to ask that?”

“Because I want to know if he’s going to be in good hands.” I finally gave in.

Again, she looked at me with confusion. But I also got shocked with what I’d just said.

I bit my lip as I tried not to weep uncontrollably again. “Yes, you heard it right Karen. I want him to be in good hands. If you still love him, I will feel relieved even just a bit.”

“Lhian, please don’t do this. Please don’t leave AJ. He wouldn’t take it, it would kill him.” As she begged.

“If you think that this decision is going to be painful for him, well, it’s going to be three times painful for me. I know it’s hard to accept this decision, but someday I know he will understand.”

I think I have just made up my mind. I really didn’t want to do this… but I wouldn’t be happy if the experience I had will happen to his son.

----------------------

Author's note:

And there you go. OMO! What will happen to AJ now? Hmm...

Anyway, to AffxtionateCassie thanks for subscribing!

Hope you guys continue to support and love the story! I really appreciate your comments so keep on posting them! ^^~