She's the one...

We meet again

 

Kevin

In the office, I just keep myself busy. I shouldn't let this painful reality to affect me. The company is relying on me and my sister, so I should do my best.

"Kevin-ssi, may I come in?" Jaehun said as he knocked on my door.

"Sure, you may come in."

"I just want to report about the progress on our commercial project." he said. He handed me a folder written all the details about our commercial. This is the first ever commercial that we will be releasing under my management. Everything should be perfect.

"It looks like everything's ready..." I said as I browsed through the pages.

"Well, that's right... except for one thing." he said.

"What is it?"

"Kevin-ssi, I apologize to tell you this a little late but the model that we supposed to have on this commercial backed out."

"Mwo? How could that be?"

"She suddenly didn't want to do it..." he said worriedly.

I sighed. "Anyway, we have some other models that we can choose from, right?"

"That's another issue. The Director we got is a little meticulous when it comes in choosing the model for the commercial."

"What do you mean?"

"He personally chose her to be the model for this. He's the best director in town, so it would be much better if we do what he wishes.”

“So, do you mean we can’t just get a model if it wouldn’t meet his standards?”

“Yes, Kevin-ssi.” He nodded.

I could smell another problem over here. I guess I need to speak with the Director personally. I just hope I could convince him.

“Araseo, please contact the Director. I want to speak with him personally about this matter.” Then Jaehun left.

Jaehun contacted the Director and told him that I wanted to speak with him personally.

“Good morning Director Shin!” as I bowed to him formally.

“Good morning Kevin-ssi. What’s the serious matter we need to talk about?” he started.

“Well, as you know Director, we chose you because we heard that you’re the best and we’re so pleased to have you now. But I’m sure that you’ve heard about what happened to the model you chose for this commercial.” 

“Ne. I’ve heard about that. Have you thought of a resolution for that?”

“Well, I have some options. Have you met all of our models?”

“Yes. And no one met my standards.” He said firmly.

This Director is starting to be annoying.

“Well, we also have some international models that are trained; maybe you would like to check them out.”

“Here’s the thing Kevin. As a director for a commercial like this, I don’t specifically look for a trained model. It doesn’t matter to me. As long as this girl fits to the theme of our commercial, she would be the one.”

“Okay, so do you have any idea how we can resolve this problem?”

“Why don’t we have an audition?”

“Audition? I think that won’t do it since we only have few days left.”

“If that’s the case – you’re the manager, so you should think about it. But make sure this girl is the perfect one for this commercial.” He smirked.

Aish… if I could just get another Director, I would do it. We’re running out of time.

We continued to discuss about the matter. I still tried to convince him to choose from the available models of our company. Then somebody knocked  -- it was Jaehun.

“Kevin-ssi, I apologize to interrupt but she’s already outside.”

“Oh, please let her come in.” I said.

But then, when she came in the Director turned around…

“She’s the one…”

Lhian

“Araseo. I didn’t forget about it Jaehun, don’t worry. Ne, alright. Bye.”

I just got off the phone from speaking with Jaehun. Honestly, I almost forgot about the favor Kevin asked me. But he said that I need to go to their company and speak with him about the business proposal. But because of what happened the last time, I don’t feel like seeing him. Could I just have somebody else do it?

“So-yi and Hyemi…”

“Yes, Lhian-ssi?”

“I told you about this contract that I’ll be signing for a commercial, right?”

“Yes. What about it Lhian-ssi?” So-yi asked.

“Well, we have to speak with the manager of the company about the business proposal. Unfortunately, I’m not feeling well today. Can you girls do it for me?”

They looked at each other.

“But Lhian-ssi, you told us before that when it comes to serious business matter, you should be the only to handle it, right?” Hyemi said.

I thought of it and realized that I did say it.

“Ne. I said that.”

“Why don’t you reschedule it and take some rest first Lhian-ssi?”

“Yeah, but I guess I really need to do it. Well, keep up the good work.” And I left.

If they only had an idea why I didn’t really want to go there. But a promise is a promise. Suddenly, my phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yah! Lhian!”

“Cindy? Waeyo?”

“You have to meet up with Kevin today, right?”

“Ne, but I don’t feel like seeing him.”

“Yah! You promised him, remember? Are you still thinking about what you’ve heard? I thought you’re not affected?”

She caught me off guard again.

“Well, yes. I’m not. Araseo, I’ll go there later.” I said just to stop her.

“Okay. Good luck then!” then she hung up.

Cindy’s right. If I weren’t really affected, I would go there with no worries at all. You can do it Lhian! Days have passed already and he was drunk so he wouldn’t remember it.

I drove off my way to their company and when I arrived, Jaehun welcomed me.

“Annyeonghaseyo Lhian-ssi” He bowed formally.

“Annyeonghaseyo!”

“Kevin-ssi is just speaking with the Director. Can you please wait here in a moment? I’ll just let him know.”

“No problem.” I smiled.

Their company was bigger than I thought. All the employees looked pleasant. I could also see the models just passing by – they all looked gorgeous. Well, this advertising company was very well-known because of their beautiful models.

“Lhian-ssi. You can come in now.” He said pleasantly.

So I stood up and went inside. I saw Kevin talking to somebody. The man stood up and walked towards me and said…

“She’s the one….”

 

----------------------------

Author's note:

I'm back! I was sick in a couple of days so I wasn't able to update. MIANHAEYO~! ^^ But anyway, another chapter is here. Look forward for more. Should I say this? Ending is coming soon.... XD