Chapter Four

When We Were Everglow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been months since he left his apartment and began living in Seokmin’s apartment instead. He was happy, he was. Seokmin, different with Soonyoung, much more different, treat him like human being, he was a nice person, too nice maybe. He cooks for both of them everytime, and when Jihoon felt like it, he’ll let Jihoon be the one who cook. He takes a good care of him whenever he got nightmares at night, he helps him with everything eventhough he didn’t ask for it, he cuddled him, took him into his arms whenever he was cold, ask for some warmth. Seokmin understands him. Everything was perfect, just like what Jihoon had been looking for.

 

But it was different.

 

There’s still something different he felt whenever Seokmin was around. He felt safe, yes, but it was different. He felt loved, but it was different too. What was different?

 

 

 

“Jihoon, wake up”

 

A soft voice startled him on his sleep. Jihoon opened his eyes slowly, blinked several times, tried to adjust his vision after a really long sleep, squirmed on his bed. Seokmin, it was Seokmin who woke him up.

 

“Take a bath, Jihoon, we are going out” he smiled, pull Jihoon into a sitting position, and then sit down at the edge of his bed, “Still sleepy? Are you tired? You want me to carry you to the bathtub?”

 

“I got a nice sleep thanks to you”, Jihoon stated and smiled back, reached out at him, “If you don’t mind, carry me to the bathtub, please?”

 

“Sure”, Seokmin said and picked him up, carefully so he wouldn’t drop him, “You’ve gained weight”, he commented as he walked towards the bathroom, then drop him on the bathtub, “And it’s good”, he added, “Is the water okay with you?”

 

Jihoon nodded, he is so nice, too nice, “Thank you”

 

“I’ve put your clothes near the bathtub. I’ll be out cooking breakfast for us, call me when you need help, okay?”, Jihoon nodded once again before Seokmin walked out of the bathroom, closing the door after him.

 

 

 

“Where are we going?”, he asked, stared at Seokmin who now kneeling in front of him, helping him to tie his shoelace, neatly. He kept looking down at Seokmin until the other looked up at him, smiled warmly as he done tying his shoelace, you’re always smiling to me, then began to tie his own shoelace.

 

“Park, of course”, he stated as he proceed to stand up in front of Jihoon as he done, “You looks too pale for your own good, you might need some sunshine, don’t you? It’s been a long time I took you on a date outside”, he said, checked his pocket, wallet and phone, then looked back at him, “You think you all set?”

 

Date, huh? That word still sounds foreign in his ears. Since when did he and Seokmin became boyfriends? He didn’t know either, it just came naturally for both of them, living together, taking care of each other, like what couple usually do. Seokmin began treat him like his boyfriend, takes him on a date, gives him pecks and kisses, buys couple things, and Jihoon just smiled, he didn’t mind, he was afraid to say no. Yes, he still can’t get used to the idea of dating after what happened between Soonyoung and him, but still, he couldn’t bring himself to hate Soonyoung.

 

Seokmin still looked at him, asked him if he was ready. He hesitated for awhile, again, but nodded nonetheless. Yes, it’s been a really long time for him to go outside and he’d been longing to feel the warmth of sunshine again. It’s spring anyway, not too hot, not too cold, just perfect.

 

It’s spring anyway, the perfect season for love.

 

Ah, again, he was getting more and more melancholic these days, just by the thought of Soonyoung, the mention of his name, his clothes that Soonyoung bought, which now hanging in his closet, anything.

 

Seokmin nodded back at him, “Good then, let’s go”

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you want to do first?”, it was ten in the morning, still hours before lunch when they were heading outside, walked to the nearest park in Seokmin’s apartment area, Seokmin asked him as he pushed his wheelchair, looked around to find something interesting, “It hasn’t lunch hour yet, should we find some snacks or something as we walked?”

 

Jihoon bite his lower lip, thinking, what should they do to kill time? What does the couples do? He looked around, when he spotted an ice cream truck near a cherry blossom tree and children stood around it, asking for they favorite ice creams.

 

“Ice cream?”

 

Jihoon looked back at him, “Huh?”

 

“You want ice cream?”, he asked, “You’ve been staring at those ice cream truck for over five minutes. You must be craving for ice cream, didn’t you?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Here, vanilla ice cream”

 

Jihoon smiled and muttered a thank you as he reached out to an ice cream on Soonyoung’s right hand. Vanilla, hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter