Chapter Three

When We Were Everglow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihoon”, he looked up, face wet with tears when he saw Seokmin squatted down right in front of him. There, Seokmin finally came, looked like an oasis in the middle of a dessert, like a breeze in the middle of summer’s heat, Soonyoung used to be that kind of person. Seokmin smiled reassuringly, then put both of his hands on his knee cap, “Jihoon, are you okay?”

 

“Seok−Seokmin”, he stuttered, mind messed up, chest like it was going to explode soon. And instead of answering with an ‘okay’ or a ‘no’ like how he supposed to do, Jihoon answered him with another question, pupil unfocused, he must be looked like a madman right now, “How do you get in? How do you find me?”

 

“The door was unlocked”, Seokmin answered, began to sit down on the floor with him, yet not breaking the eye contact between them, “You didn’t tell me your address over the phone. I tried to call you back, but you didn’t answered me, good thing there’s someone know your address. Then I came here. I’ve been looking all over the room and I found you here”, he stated, “I thought something was happened. You scares me, Jihoon. What happened to you? Are you okay? Are you hurt?”

 

Right, he left the door unlocked, as if he gave him those chances to runaway, eventhough he knew that Jihoon won’t make it, won’t make it with legs like these. How useless. And what, even if he runaway, it won’t make any different with Soonyoung’s life anyway.

 

I am nothing.

 

“Jihoon?”, and Seokmin cupped his face, looking through his eyes, tried to reach the deepest part of him, but it was too hard, like there’s a big, thick wall blocked anyone, everyone, to get into and hold him by the hand. He looked concerned, like Jihoon is the only thing matter right at this moment, like he won’t be alright if Jihoon wasn’t alright himself, “Jihoon? Is everything alright? Tell me you’re okay, please”

 

“No”, Jihoon cleared his throat, I’m not okay, he wanted to said it out loud, instead, his hands gripped the front of Seokmin’s gray t-shirt tightly, “Take me, take me away from here, Seokmin”

 

“What−”

 

“Save me, get me out of here, Seokmin”, he said, clutching on Seokmin’s clothes even tighter as if his life was depended on it, because yes, his life is actually depended on it, “Please”

 

Seokmin bite his lips, thinking. Is it okay? Is it really okay if he took Jihoon away? Will Jihoon be okay? He wanted to save him, of course. But, will it be okay?

 

Seokmin closed his eyes, inhaled and exhaled. Whatever Jihoon was trying to ask him, Jihoon wasn’t in the right mind right now. His mind is unstable. And if he took Jihoon away, will Soonyoung looking for them? Better, will Soonyoung know if it was him who took Jihoon away from him? If he took Jihoon away, will the other’s pain goes away?

 

If I took Jihoon away, will there be a happy ending?

 

Seokmin cleared his throat, whatever it takes, if it would save him from any pains, then I’ll do it, finally, took Jihoon’s hand with him and sat him on the bed. He then sit in between Jihoon’s leg, put his hands on each side of Jihoon’s leg, and it’s been a really long time for Jihoon to feel safe between someone’s arm.

 

“Fine”, he stated, “Let’s go away from here”

 

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung opened their apartment door, brought his briefcase on his left hand as he took his coat and shoes off. His eyes wandered around, body moving, walk across every room in the apartment. There’s no voice, no clattering sounds anywhere.

 

Where’s Jihoon?

 

He walked to their bedroom, opened the door, and searched everywhere, “Jihoon?”, but there’s no answer. He went back and forth, searched for Jihoon or any note that he left, saying if he went somewhere and will be back soon, “Jihoon, where are you?”, but still, no answer, no one, nothing found.

 

He took a deep breath, tried to calm himself down, the reached for his phone on his jeans pocket. Call, call his number, he repeated in his mind, Jihoon, call Jihoon’s number. He then pressed 9, waiting for the phone dialed itself.

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s put our each other’s phone number on our phone’s speed dial”

 

Soonyoung put his book down to his lap, hand stopped halfway to put another chips into his mouth, turned his head to Jihoon with a confused expression, “Speed dial? Why?”

 

Jihoon blushed, his cheeks along to his ear and neck turned into a bright red, pretty as always, and Soonyoung really need to hold the urge to just kiss him right here and there. He shyly looked down to his lap, clearly avoiding Soonyoung’s gaze, his grip on his phone tightened, “It’s just−”, his cheeks turned even redder if possible, “It’s−Seungkwan once told me that he put Hansol’s number on his speed dial, he said that because Hansol was the person he calls a lot other than his mother and… He said that kind of things sounds like a symbol that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter