Chapter 3

Fall, Everything

Yoongi cast an annoyed glance at the cellphone in his hand. This was the third time his supplier bailed on him and his stash was running low. He'd gotten out of bed at two on a saturday when he should be sleeping just so he could meet Jiho 'for coffee' and get the next month's supply of weed. He never liked buying in bulk but with school he didn't have many options and Jiho always got him the best.

Yoongi sat back in the wooden chair and glanced around the semi-crowded café. He didn't hate the place and as far as coffee shops went it was on the relaxed side, less pink and more mahogany. He lifted his cup of coffee to his lips and took a sip of the hot liquid enjoying the slight burn on his tongue. Then he looked up again and almost choked on his next mouthful.

A few tables over a group of people had just arrived and Yoongi quickly recognized them as the ones Jin was hanging out with some nights before. They looked the same, a little unkempt, some more than others. Yoongi scanned the laughing group till he found the pink haired one who'd been plastered to Jin and proceeded to stare at him. He didn't know what exactly he hoped to find but he couldn't look away. Who was he really? How did he know Jin? How did Jin fit in with all this?

Their eyes met briefly and Yoongi looked away hurriedly, panicking a bit, cheeks heating. , he chanced another glance at he table after a moment and found he was still being looked at by the same guy. Yoongi watched as the guy squinted at him probably trying to place him and got up abruptly and bolted, leaving his half-finished coffee behind. Outside the building Yoongi glanced back through the glass window and saw he was still being watched although now the guy was eyeing him like he was some sort of freak, which, to be honest, was how he'd behaved. Turning away, Yoongi walked quickly out of view and made his way back to the academy. Distracted and dazed, he took the wrong route and ended up at the back gate instead of the side one he'd paid clear.

To make things worse the first person he ran into was Jin followed by the dean who promptly put him down for detention for leaving the grounds without adequate permission.

***

Sunday morning Yoongi is woken up at 6 to sit in a room for 12 hours. Solitary confinement is what it was, cruelty to children, Yoongi muttered to himself bitterly as he left his phone behind and locked his room door. He trudged across the grounds, beanie pulled over his messy hair and sunglasses on his face, to the detention room where he'd spend the day. A repeat offender, he was familiar to what the detention entailed but he still dreaded it. Being alone was fine - when he chose it - but it was another matter when it was enforced on you without anything to help the time pass faster. He would never admit it but he would almost miss the kids hanging around every corner by the time he was released.

The dean of discipline looked at him with exasperation and told him how tired she was of seeing his face. Yoongi smiled at her and apologized insincerely, "It could be worse."

She lifted her head heavenward and sighed, "Just go find a seat. I'll be back here to let you out at 6, and you'll get food at 10 and 4." She searched him and found him without anything he wasn't allowed.

Yoongi walked into the room and found a seat in the back of the room. He heard the door close and settled in for what was always a draining experience, he didn't like being alone with his thoughts.

He slept for a few hours before he was woken up by the sound of someone bringing him his breakfast. He ate in silence and stared at the wall that stood where windows should be, blocking out the outside world. He hated this.

By the time the sound of the locks being clicked open came Yoongi was a breath away from throwing the bolted down desks into the walls and screaming. He didn't look up when the door creaked open but he rose from his seat and walked towards it. He lifted his head finally when he reached it and was startled back to find Jin there with the keys in his hand. He was looking intently at Yoongi and Yoongi shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Are you okay?"

Yoongi squinted at him, suspicious and annoyed, "What?"

"Are you okay?" Jin asked again and no, apparently Yoongi hadn't heard wrong. He was staring at Yoongi like he could see how shaken he is. Yoongi dreaded to think of how he must look, how vulnerable.

"The do you think? Move." Yoongi said, voice flat and face tight.

"This is the only thing they won't let me change."

Yoongi snorted but said nothing.

"I bet you could if you were in here." It took a moment for Yoongi to realize he'd said it aloud. He was worn and his barely-there control was wavering. Words fell from his lips without his permission, "But you wouldn't, would you? You don't break the rules, do you golden boy?". Yoongi's lips stretched into a wry smile, "Well except for the whole sneaking out late at night to go meet up with your boyfriend thing but that's not any of my business."

It was almost comical how Jin's expression fell just slightly. Yoongi had never seen him look like this, like he didn't know how to deal with something Yoongi threw at him. Was he scared? Any other day Yoongi would want to milk this for all it was worth but today he was too tired. He needed contact and someone who wasn't Jin looking down at him. He needed smoke in his lungs and music low in the background and peace. He pushed pass the taller boy and kept walking till he reached the dorms.

Ignoring the questions and stares of the boys waiting for him he went to his room and locked the door behind him. Then he reached for his phone, he needed a hot shower and someone underneath him.

"Jiho, tonight, and if you ing bail on me I will ing murder you."