Chapter 5

Fall, Everything

'One night' comes a few days later and Yoongi is annoyed at how much he was anticipating it.

The notification pinged on his phone as he made his way to his secret spot and he stopped to read it. He wasn't even going to ask how Jin got his number but the message was there, telling him to meet Jin in an hour by the same gate. Yoongi turned around and headed back to his dorm. And no, he wasn't nervous, at all, no matter how many outfits he changed into and promptly out of.

Finally he decided on a soft, worn black leather jacket, a white shirt and a pair of jeans. At the last minute he pulled on a SnapBack and flipped it backwards. He may have fussed with his bangs as well but no one could prove it and if they could he would take them out.

Jin was waiting where he'd instructed Yoongi to meet him, beanie on his head, sweatshirt a size too big falling beneath his waist to cover the top of his jeans. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets and swayed gently to whatever he was listening to. When he saw Yoongi he looked him over and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Yoongi asked.

Jin smiled and turned away, leading the shorter boy out the gate and down the street.

They went to the same convenience store and when it came into view Yoongi froze for the smallest of moments as the now infamous-in-his-head kiss flashed into his minds eyes again. Jin went in and Yoongi followed.

"What do you drink?" Jin asked him. He was scanning the alcohol display and picking up a few bottles.

"I don't," Yoongi replied. This made the brunette pause.

"Really?" Yoongi could see the genuine curiosity evident in Jin's stare.

"Yeah," was all he managed. Yoongi didn't want to get into all that and he probably never would. Drinking led to things he didn't want happening ever again. He could get high off his any time but liquor would not pass his lips.

"Hmmm," Jin hummed. He turned back to his task without pursuing it further and Yoongi was grateful for it.

They left the store with Jin carrying a bag of bottles and snacks and Yoongi scrolling uninterestedly through his twitter timeline. He looked up every once in a while to see where they were going but didn't say anything to Jin at all and Jin seemed perfectly at ease with the arrangement, earbuds in and eyes set ahead. Yoongi wanted to ask why they hadn't waited for Jin's friends but he figured he'd find out eventually.

Eventually they took a turn that took them further from the small town and towards the forest. Yoongi tensed and stopped when they reached the edge of the dark forest.

"I'm not gonna murder you in a forest, Yoongi." Jin said mockingly without even turning around and Yoongi itched to kick him in his shins in retaliation. He muttered instead about Jin being so kind as to off and he definitely did not pout when Jin laughed at that.

Jin a flashlight and Yoongi was happier than he would ever admit to see the beam of light. They walked on in silence until Yoongi could see firelight up ahead. Soon he could hear talking and loud laughter. They were here.

They walked through a last bit of thick forest before entering a clearing where five others were already present. Yoongi hung back behind Jin. He recognized them as Jin's friends and he felt for the first time a wave of trepidation. He wasn't sure what he'd walked himself into.

They were sat on large log around a good sized fire joking with each other.

"Finally!" The one with the orange hair jumped up to accost Jin, "I've had to listen to Kookie whine about getting a 95 on his mid module sober thanks to you..." His words trailed off when he saw the extra body behind Jin and soon all eyes were on Yoongi. A long pause of silence stretched, the kind of silence that just hangs there making everyone exceedingly uncomfortable but was difficult to break.

"'s sake," the pink one spoke - Namjoon, Yoongi reminded himself, "Jin we talked about strays."

That seemed to be enough to break it and everyone but Yoongi laughed.

"I told you I was bringing someone." Jin said walking over to him before dropping into his lap. "This is Yoongi. He goes to the academy."

"Okay," Namjoon replied, suspicious but placated, then busied himself with kissing Jin. Yoongi tried to look anywhere else.

"I'm Jimin," the orange haired one flashed him a smile and then pointed at the others introducing them in turn, "That's Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok." Yoongi nodded at them as they were pointed out.

Hoseok invited him to sit down and after a moment of shifting awkwardly from foot to foot he took him up on the offer and sat on the only empty log. Among the friends conversation picked back up and Yoongi wanted to throw his phone into a tree when the no signal message sat unmoving at the too of his screen. Why had he come here? What exactly was he expecting?

Soon there were drinks being passed around and Yoongi wished briefly he'd brought something with him because it was boring as hell being entirely sober around people heading steadily towards total intoxication especially when he didn't know them. But then Hoseok took out a blunt and offered it to him and things started to improve significantly.

It wasn't because he was feeling nicely buzzed but because Hoseok was pretty funny and his grin was infectious. Yoongi found he was enjoying himself. The younger ones were okay too, he chuckled as Jungkook photographed Jimin and Taehyung falling over each other trying to hold swan poses while toppling over. It was especially funny because they hadn't really drunk all that much.

Most of the drinking had been Namjoon, although it was wonder when he and Jin barely moved a foot from each other at any time. Yoongi tried not to get too distracted by them but he was aware he looked a little too hard for it to be casual. At least Jin and Namjoon were too busy to notice and the rest didn't seem to care. Hoseok was giving Jimin a piggyback ride while Taehyung and Jungkook chanted "J-Horse! J-Horse!"

By the end of the night all Yoongi had learned was that Jin was a gross romantic and that was hardly anything he could use. Now if he wanted to learn a bit about why he was so interested he probably could have but Yoongi didn't want to look too closely at that for the foreseeable future.

"Is your curiosity satisfied?" Jin asked Yoongi. They were almost back at the gate now. Yoongi thought about it for a moment.

He'd blame it on him being stoned tomorrow but for now he replied, "No." And walked on without waiting to hear if Jin said anything more.

He wanted to go back. He could admit it. Nights out were usually spent doing variations of the same ing thing but tonight had been different. He'd laughed, genuinely. He'd enjoyed himself and he wanted more.

Yoongi would never say that aloud, or admit to it, but when he woke the morning following he knew he'd admitted quite a bit through the single syllable he'd actually uttered. Through the coming days he waited for Jin to use it in some way, a clever little snipe, mocking him, laughing at him, but the jab never came. What did come was another text message on the fourth day telling him where they were to meet.