Chapter 2

Fall, Everything

Yoongi wondered momentarily about the lack of security guards. He guessed Jin could pay them off just as well as he could but it was so...wrong? Jin was an arrogant prick but he never broke rules. That was kind of the point of Jin. He ruled the school just as Yoongi did but they ruled from separate sides. Yin and Yang they were. The good and the bad. What the is going on?

Yoongi kept to the shadows and kept a good distance between himself and Jin. Minutes later they reached the town and Yoongi had to speed up to keep sight of Jin. He'd taken the hood off his head now and his hair was still perfect. Yoongi rolled his eyes. Soon, Jin came to a stop in front of a convenience store where another tall boy stood.

He grinned widely at Jin, dimples showing at either side of his face. Yoongi looked him up and down. He was the opposite of the kind of people Yoongi thought Jin associated with. He was wearing black ripped jeans, converse high tops, a black shirt and grey hoodie with the hood down. His shock of pink hair was messy and unkempt and Yoongi could see the beginnings of a tattoo on the side of his neck that disappeared into his shirt. He looked like the kind of people Yoongi used to hang out with before he was moved here to the middle of nowhere and outside of Seoul.

Jin walked up to him and Yoongi watched, his mouth dropping open, as the boy pulled Jin in for a kiss. On the lips. And Jin...Jin wrapped his arms around his waist and kissed him back.

Okay, so, new information. A lot of new information. Jin was gay, apparently. And Jin, Kim Seokjin, had a boyfriend. A boyfriend that, Jin, Kim Seokjin, Head Boy at the academy, made out with him. In public.

Yoongi leaned against the post he was lurking behind and just stared. They were laughing now, arms still around each other, only aware of each other in the world. The door behind them opened and another boy walked out and rolled his eyes at them and screwed up his face in disgust before they all broke out laughing again and Jin released his...person, to hug the new arrival. This one was tall as well, wearing skinny jeans and a tank top, and carrying a bag from the store in his hands.

They chatted for a minute before three more guys arrived and they were walking off together, Jin holding hands with the person he'd kissed and the second guy walking ahead of them talking animatedly with the last three about something. Yoongi didn't follow them this time. In fact, he stood where he was for a long time trying to wrap his mind around what exactly it was he'd seen. He wasn't sure how he felt about it and he didn't know why he felt anything at all.

It wasn't the fact that Jin apparently broke rules. It wasn't exactly that he had a life of some sort outside of what Yoongi had thought he had. It wasn't the gay thing, he'd had his fair share, and probably more, of people belonging to more than one gender. It was more that Jin was, or was at least attracted to guys and was currently with one. It was more that he had to rethink and reccaliberate how he saw jin now. Or was it? Fed up of the swirling confusion that was his thoughts Yoongi turned around and walked back to school.

***

The next time Yoongi saw Jin he was sitting at his desk dutifully ignoring the teacher and whatever she was saying about covalent bonds. Jin walked into the classroom, tall and primped and confident and nothing like the person Yoongi had seen a few nights before. The teacher stopped what she was droning on about and gave him the floor with a nod and a smile he didn't return.

"Good morning," he began, voice carrying easily and commanding the attention of even the least awake among them, "I just want to remind you all about the annual gala to be held on the 21st. Any questions you may have can be directed to your year prefects and dorm supervisors. I expect it will be the best we have had in recent times and I trust you all to carry on our traditions with the required respect and diligence."

Without his permission Yoongi's eyes followed every move Jin made. He didn't notice the curious glances thrown his way by those sitting closest to him at the way he was virtually drilling holes into Jin when usually he would outright ignore him.

Yoongi rolled his eyes at Jin's parting smile and the whispers of excitement that errupted as soon as he exited the room. It seemed even sixth years were still suceptible to the charms of Kim Seokjin and the mere prospect of dressing up for a night. Yoongi didn't care about either of those things, he told himself, and they were idiots to. Still, he amended with a grin to himself, the night always held possibiilities for getting up to and in to all kinds of things. He took out his cellphone and sent out a few texts.

Later that evening Yoongi was happy to see his bedroom door. He wondered momentarily at the distinct lack of overly eager third or fourth years before counting it as a positive and pushing the door open to find Jin waiting for him.

"What the are you doing in my room," Yoongi glared at him. Jin was perched on the edge of his desk, one long leg crossed over the other and faint distate on his face as he gazed around Yoongi's, admittedly messy, room.

"Waiting for you," Jin answered. His face took on a look of indifference. Yoongi wanted to throw the nearest object at him.

"What the do you want?" he asked instead, growing increasingly irritated.

"This year is our last year here, I'd like for the gala to go smoothly. I know you have something planned, or you will, and I don't want to have to spend my time stopping whatever you set in motion." Jin said smoothly, eyes locked on Yoongi's face. Yoongi laughed.

"This, again, sounds like a you problem. Where do you keep getting the idea I do favors for people?"

Jin pursed his lips and Yoongi's mind screeched to a halt for a second. His gaze locked on to Jin's mouth and all he could think about was Jin kissing that guy, winding his arms around his waist and-

Yoongi shook his head to rid himself of the thought. "I don't care about your little gala, Jin, I never have."

"I'm suggesting you stop whatever you're planning Yoongi, before I inevitably find out what it is. Because I will not go easy on you this year, I will destroy you."

Yoongi's eyes snapped back up to Jin's. "Destroy me?" Yoongi laughed, short and humorless. He didn't like being threatened.

Jin didn't answer him.

"Destroy me?" Yoongi repeated his question. He dropped his bag and walked over to his bed. "You and your little minions can destroy me now?" He sat down on the bed and stretched out his legs.

"There are things you don't know about me Yoongi, don't test me." Jin said levely, annoyingly calm in contrast of the anger Yoongi was trying to keep under control.

"Oh I know plenty about you, Jin, more than you think I do." Yoongi watched the way Jin's eyes narrowed and felt a bit of triumph in it.

Yoongi waited for him to say something, to ask him what he knew. Yoongi waited for him to give something away that would maybe help him to really understand what he saw, some clue, something that would reconcile the two Jins he was now aware of. Something, he told himself, he could use. Yeah, something he could use - it's not that he was interested in Jin per se, just in how to take him down a peg or twenty.

But Jin didn't take the bait. "I warned you," he stood and left.