Ending Two

Through Worlds

“Do you ever miss home?” Sanghyuk asked, brushing Wonsik’s hair out of his face. The warlock was going to have to get it cut soon, his hair kept falling into his eyes and he’d made no secret of how much he disliked that.

“How could I miss home?” Wonsik replied, tracing invisible lines along Sanghyuk’s chest, “you’re my home.”

“So cheesy,” Sanghyuk gave a little laugh, “but I’m being serious.”

Sanghyuk still couldn’t believe that Wonsik was with him. That he’d cast a spell that tied him to Sanghyuk, would bring him to Sanghyuk’s side no matter where Sanghyuk fell. If fact, when Wonsik first appeared beside him, Sanghyuk was convinced it wasn’t real. That it was a vision brought on by his drunken state brought on by the loss of Hakyeon. But when Sanghyuk sobered up and Wonsik was still there, still in his arms, he realized it was real.

“Sometimes,” Wonsik admitted, “but so long as I’m with you, it’s alright.”

“I still think it was a foolish thing you did,” Sanghyuk huffed, “as much as I love having you with me again, so many things could have gone wrong.”

They’d talked about this before, in length. But sometimes…….sometimes the fear of what could have happened if Wonsik’s spell went wrong got to Sanghyuk. If Wonsik had gotten hurt or killed trying to get to Sanghyuk…….

It was what Sanghyuk’s nightmares were made of.

“I know,” Wonsik huffed, “but I just missed you so much.”

“I just,” Sanghyuk struggled for words, pulling Wonsik tighter against him as his fears of ‘what if’ filled his mind.

“Hey,” Wonsik move around so that he could look Sanghyuk in the eye, “I know things could have gone wrong, but they didn’t. We’re here. We’re fine. We’re together and we always will be. We love each other and nothing will ever change that. So please…..please stop thinking about all the bad things that could have happened.”

“I’ll try,” Sanghyuk promised.

Both knew that there would still be times that his fear took over. When he woke up from a nightmare and Wonsik wasn’t still sleeping beside him. When he simply woke and Wonsik wasn’t beside him. And the fears and doubts would creep in and the only way Wonsik could chase them from his lover’s mind was to spend the whole day in each other’s arms, skin to skin and mouth to mouth. But the good days happened more often than the bad and Wonsik had no problems spending his days in their bed.

So long as they were together, they were happy and that was all that mattered. Not the worlds they visited or the times they fell. Just them together for the rest of their lives.

A/N: and that's a wrap on this story. hopefully you guys liked it. got the idea for this one a few days ago and I just……I had to write it. I worked out some details and then started to type and…..this happened hahaha.