CHAPTER IV

BITTER AND SWEET

“You look uglier.” Yugyeom stated

“Thanks. You too.” Jeongguk

“When will you two maknaes grow up?” Jaebum rolls his eyes as Jeongguk and Yugyeom diss each other as soon as they meet.

Bambam nods. “I came here from my precious vacation in Thailand not to witness a childish diss.”

“Here we have the king of advertisment in Thailand.” Jeongguk smirks at Bambam who’s blushing. “I guess it’s time for you to leave your group.”

“I wish I could.” Bambam mutters to himself. But he quickly sips a coffee as soon as he caught Jaebum’s death glare. “Anyway,what about you,huh? You might as well leave BTS since you’ve got enough money from those OSTs that you sing while you guys are on a break.”

“Why would he leave when he got million of girls screaming his name in BTS?” Yugyeom sneers. “Anyway,when will you guys make a comeback?”

“In three months.”

“We won.” Bambam and Yugyeom high five each other. “We still have six months of break. Please don’t be jealous.” Yugyeom giggles.

“Whatever.” Jeongguk rolled his eyes. “Anyway,I want to congratulate my juniors who have done so well on their debut.” Jeongguk pats Seungkwan on the back. “But why are you the only one here? Where are the rest of the members?”

“My presence is enough for you guys.” Seungkwan flips his hair.

“You don’t change at all,diva boo.” Yugyeom shakes his head.

Seungkwan sneers. “Seokmin and Mingyu are on their ways. Mingyu said he comes just to show Bambam-ssi how good his dab is. That stupid dab.”

“One more dab insult,seventeen will continue with twelve members.” Bambam glares at Seungkwan.

“Stupid dab.” Seungkwan sneers. “Anyway,I heard Tae-“

“Here they are!”

Everyone looks at the direction Yugyeom pointed at. Two men walk into the coffee shop and walk towards them. One of them put the umbrella into the umbrella basket.

“Finally! The main character has come!” Jaebum claps his hand.

“Did you two share an umbrella? How sweet!” Yugyeom squeals.

“Shut up,Yugyeom!” A black haired man sits next to Bambam. “How are you doing,my precious Bambam baby?”

“Stop that,hyung.” Bambam whines. “I am no longer a baby.”

The tall man laughs. He then turns to the man who’s struggling to close the umbrella. “Hoseok hyung,was it really that hard to put an umbrella into the basket?”

“Wow,what an ungrateful bastard.” Hoseok sits next to Jeongguk who’s been staring at the black haired man all this time. “If I didn’t pick you up,you’d end up being soaked by the rain.”

The tall man giggle. It’s the kind of giggle that sends something familiar to Jeongguk’s heart. Something that Jeongguk thought would never come back since the day he officially lost that someone.

“How are you doing,Jeongguk?”

The voice sends Jeongguk back to the present. He forces himself to smile. “I am doing fine,-“ He swallows the uncalled nervous feeling. “Hyung.”

The tall man purses his lips. He fixes his gaze at Jeongguk before turning away. “Anyway,where’s Youngj-“

“Hello everyone! My name is Youngjae.” A man made his appearance while carrying a puppy. Two men behind him rolled their eyes and quickly left him.

“I was near him only for an hour and I already couldn’t take the secondhand embarassment. It must be so hard for you,leader.” Namjoon pats Jaebum who sits next to him.

“True dat.” Jin adds. “If he didn’t carry Coco with him,I would’ve left him in the middle of Seoul.”

“But he’s too cute that we can’t bring ourselves to kick him out of Got7.” Jaebum chuckles.

“Lemme correct it. It’s ‘I’,not ‘we’.” Seungkwan said. “Anyway,Youngjae-hyung,why haven’t you greeted your long lost bestfriend?”

Youngjae who’s busy feeding Coco,looks up. His eyes then fixed on the man who sits next to Bambam. There was a minute of silence before Youngjae breaks it with a scream. “Holy s-snow! Why are you here??”

The tall man frowns. “Why? Why can’t I be here?”

Youngjae hands Coco to Yugyeom and approaches the tall man. All of sudden,he strangles the man’s neck. “Let me get you back to your sense so you could understand how unforgivable your sin was.”

The tall man chokes and struggling to escape from Youngjae’s aggresive attack. “Fine! Fine! I,Kim Taehyung,apologize for didn’t meet you in real life during these two years!”

Youngjae eventually lets Taehyung live. He gets back to his seat between Yugyeom and Jeongguk. “Two years Kim Taehyung. I’d been waiting for your appearance for two years.” He dramatically wipes the tears. But little did he know,the tears were real.

Taehyung purses his lips. He was about to speak up,but he couldn’t find the right words to say. “You think I don’t miss you guys too?” He said as he holds back the tears. “I want to call each one of you so badly. But while you guys are free,I am busy as heck. And when it comes to my turn to be free,you guys are super busy with those schedules.”

Seungkwan sighs. “It seems like hyung and BTS were not meant to be.”

Namjoon nods. He looks at Taehyung. “If he and us were meant to be,he wouldn’t be entitled as the  king of kdrama now after he decided to dump his bestfriends. This brat,” He purses his lips. “I am so proud of you. I seriously feel like a proud father now.”

Taehyung smiles. He quickly looks at the door as someone entered the coffee shop. But he then looks down again. Just then,his phone rings. He then excuses himself and picks up the call.

“Why haven’t you come?”

“I don’t think I can come. The director changed the schedule and we have to shoot the movie tomorrow. Tell them that I am sorry.”

Taehyung rolls his eyes. “They don’t even know that you’re gonna join us,anyway. Don’t forget to bring an umbrella,okay? Make sure you locked the window. I’ll hang up now. Ah,I also made bibimbap. At least give it a try,okay?”

“Can you hang up now?”

“Fine.” Taehyung pouts. He then joins the squad again.

“It must be Bogum hyung.” Seungkwan mutters under his breath.

“I’ve told you that something’s up between them two since two years ago.” Seokmin stated

“Hey,when did you arrive?” Taehyung frowns at Seokmin and Mingyu who’s busy talking to Bambam

“A minute ago.” Seokmin replies. “I bet he’s one of the main reason why hyung decided to be an actor.” He wiggles his eyebrows.

“Shut up.” Taehyung rolls his eyes. His mind suddenly replays the days he lost his sleeps and spent the days being haunted by a question that kept echoing on his mind. “Dream or bestfriends?”

-Two Years Ago-

“Taehyung-ah,just tell us. Don’t be nervous.” Namjoon said as he gazed at Taehyung

Taehyung had been sitting while looking down for five minutes. His fingers were trembling. He swallows the tears and fears as 5 pairs of eyes were all looking at him. They were all in Taehyung’s room after receiving a call from Taehyung.

“It’s okay. Just say it,we’re gonna listen to you.” Jin pats Taehyung on the back.

“Hyung,” Taehyung bit his lip. “I can’t debut with BTS.”

There was a minute of pause in the room. And Yoongi was the first one to break it.

“Why?”

“I am going to join K-Film department.” Taehyung takes a sip of water as his lips were dry. “I’ve been thinking about it for a month and even more. I knew I maybe selfish because I don’t think about BTS’ career. But I just can’t help.”

Everyone lost their words. Taehyung dared himself to look at  each one of his hyung who’d had their eyes on the younger.

“You’re selfish.” Yoongi said as he kept his eyes on Taehyung. “But I root for you for being like that. I am proud of you,Taehyung-ah.”

Before Taehyung could proceed what he just heard,Hoseok spoke up.

“Our Taehyungie has finally grown up.” Hoseok pets Taehyung’s head. “We’re okay,Taehyung-ah. Hyungs will always support you no matter what,okay?”

“Since I am not his hyung,I wouldn’t support him.” Jimin slinged his arm around his same aged friend. “But I’ll make sure that he works his off to become a top actor after he dumped all of us.”

Everyone laughed except Jin who quickly separated Jimin away from Taehyung,thanks to his mother instinct.

“Anyway,where’s Jeongguk?”

Yoongi’s question made all of them look around. They just realized that the maknae wasn’t there. But Taehyung stayed still.

“He’s busy now. I’ll talk to him later.” Taehyung stood up. “I’ll cook ramen for us.”

As soon as Taehyung left,everyone let out a deep sigh. Hoseok started to crying.

“Is it selfish if I wish him to stay with us?” Hoseok wiped the tears.

“And so do we.” Yoongi blinked his eyes,not wanting other to see him crying. But it was caught by Jimin’s eyes,anyway.

“Hyung,you’re crying.” Jimin giggled. “Wow. I’ve never seen Min Yoongi cry until now.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Now I lose the mood.” He stared at the framed photo of them. “Someone will cry so hard.”

“Jeon Jeongguk.” Everyone said in harmony.

--------------

Taehyung and Jeongguk sat in a coffee shop that they always went to once a week. But everything about the coffee shop felt strange for Taehyung,which made him realized that it’d been awhile since the last time he came to the coffee  shop with Jeongguk.

Jeongguk held the coffee cup tighter and let out an empty laughter. “I am not even surprised.” He nodded his head. “I’ve seen it coming since the day you became closer to that Park Bogum.”

“That’s not because of him.” Taehyung took a sip of caramel macchiato. “I did it for myself.”

“Who are you trying to lie to?”

“Jeongguk-ah,it’s not like that.” Taehyung whispers as he’s afraid the truth would be revealed if he spoke a little bit louder.

“See?” Jeongguk sneers. “You better improve your ability to tell lies.”

Taehyung sighed. “Fine,I’ll admit it. I guess you know me too well. But I swear that’s not the main reason.”

Taehyung waited for the younger to give a response. But five minutes had passed and Jeongguk was still looking out the window without saying any words.

“Jeongguk-ah,say something.”

Jeongguk looked at the older and their eyes were locked. “I have nothing to say. You can go now.”

“If you’re mad at me,then say something. Curse me,punch me in the face. Do or say something that will make me feel the guilt and unable to sleep.”

Jeongguk’s eyes started welling,but he laughed it off. “Fine. I don’t know about you,but these words literally made me lose my sleep for these past years cause I kept hesitating whether I should say it or not. I hope this will work on you too.” He looked at Taehyung straight into his eyes. “I love you,not as my bestfriend,nor as my hyung. And I wish you’ll love me,not as your bestfriend,nor your dongsaeng.”

Taehyung was taken aback,unable to look away. So he just stared at the younger whose eyes were reflecting a desperate hope.

After a minute filled with silence and cold air,an empty laughter broke the stillness. The laughter sounded pathetic even more as it was followed by a quiet sob.

“I hope it’d be enough to make you lose your sleep for at least tonight,hyung.” Jeongguk stood up,eyes were still welling. “Good luck with your dream. I’ll leave now.”

Taehyung stared blankly at the empty chair in front of him. A cup full of americano made him realized that Jeongguk didn’t even touch it even once. He stared at the empty cup in front of him that didn’t leave a single drop of coffee left.

Taehyung stood up and went to pay the bill. He pulled out his wallet.

“How much?”

The shop owner who’d been familiar with Taehyung and Jeongguk’s visit,shook his head. “Are you two fighting? You were always the one who paid the bill but he’s the one who paid tonight. ”

Taehyung just gave the owner a smile. He walked out the coffee shop,only then realized that it was raining. A worry creeped into him as he remembered that Jeongguk didn’t bring umbrella with him. But a voice made him realized that he himself was half soaked.

“Why are you standing under the rain? Are you shooting a movie or something?”

A smile immediately plastered all over Taehyung’s face as he saw a man stood next to him with an umbrella. “What are you doing here?”

“What else do you think I am doing?” The tall man walked closer to Taehyung and now they stood under one umbrella. “Jongin hyung you went to a coffee shop without brought an umbrella. Do you really have to make me worried about you like 24/7?”

Taehyung rolled his eyes. “Look who’s talking. Park Bogum who couldn’t even survive a day without my help. Consider you’re lucky to have such a caring boyfriend like me.”

They both walked down the empty road as the raindrops fell even more.

“What did Jeongguk say?” Bogum asked as he tightened Taehyung’s coat. “He must be feeling betrayed. But that’s okay,trust me. It showed that he loved his bestfriend so much.”

Taehyung didn’t say anything. The tears he’d been holding finally fell down as Jeongguk’s confession echoing on his head.

----------

Jeongguk packed his stuffs into the baggage. He took everything in his room since he wouldn’t come back and live at the dorm for 4 years straight. He opened the drawer and took out a tiny photo of him and Taehyung which they took three months ago. He hesitately put the photo into the lugagge before put it back again into the drawer. But at the last minute,he picked the photo and put it into his wallet.

“What a loser.” Jeongguk muttered to himself as placed the photo behind a group photo of BTS.

----------------

“I heard Bogum is casted for two movies and a drama.” Jin said as he passed a cup of caramel macchiato to Taehyung. “Who earns more money in your house?”

Taehyung purses his lips as he sips the coffee. “We don’t share our money except for the apartment rent. So we have no idea who has more money.”

Jin nodded. He picked up a cup of coffee. “Whose espresso is this?”

Jeongguk took the espresso and took a sip of it. Meanwhile Taehyung stared at him in confusion.

“You can’t drink any coffees except americano.”

Jeongguk chokes on his coffee. Hoseok pats Jeongguk on the back meanwhile Yugyeom laughs at his bestfriend.

Jin smiles at Taehyung. “Whoa,your memory is so strong. Two years ago,table had turned,Kim Taehyung. He could drink any coffees except americano. “ He hands Jeongguk a tissue. “This weird kid.”

Jeongguk notices that Taehyung is keeping his eyes on him with a blank expression. His heart starts beating so fast as he wipes his coat. Just then,a group of five men walk into the coffee shop.

“OMG!” A grey-haired man approaches Taehyung. “Kim Taehyung-ssi,I am your biggest fan!”

“Jackson,stop that.” Namjoon rolls his eyes as Jackson turns into his fanboy mode

“And here comes the couple that always makes me feel so lonely everytime they’re around.” jaebum sighs.

“Then what am I to you,leader?” Jackson looks at Jaebum with his sad puppy eyes.

“Ew. Stop that.” Bambam groans.

“Wait.” Taehyung blinks his eyes. “Two of them are couple?”

“Ya! Kim Taehyung!” A small guy with hair colour as bright as his smile,approached Taehyung and gives him a smack on the back before sitting next to Jackson.

“Jimin,can you not?” Taehyung rubs his shoulder due to the pain.

 Another short man with grey hair and spectacle greets Taehyung and takes a seat between Jimin and Jackson which leaves Jackson rolls his eyes. “As expected,all daegu men are always doing things well.”

The two last men take a seat next to Jimin after ordering coffees. Taehyung couldn’t help but smile seeing one of them.

“Hello american hyung.” Taehyung smiles. “And hello american hyung’s ex-“

“Darn it!” Youngjae curses out of the blue. “I thought Coco pee on me. Thankfully he didn’t.”

Everyone except Got7 members was eyeing Youngjae’s weird behaviour. Youngjae let out a nervous laughter and side eyeing Taehyung who seems pale.

“S-so,who’s the couple here?” Taehyung tries to change the conversation and praying no one would remember his unfinished sentence. He then feels relieved as Mark goes to get the coffees.

Everyone chuckles. Jaebum sighs. “Ah..the loneliness is creeping into my heart again.”

“They’re wearing couple ring now. Can’t you see?” Hoseok asks

Taehyung frowns and checks each one of their fingers carefully. His eyes then fix on one finger. “Oh man,holy !”

“Wow,what a great reaction!” Yoongi claps his hand sincerely.

----------------

-Two years ago-

Yoongi kept shooting the ball into the basket ring over and over. It’s 7 p.m and the court was empty. Some lamps gave only a little help to light up the dark. But it didn’t stop the small man who’s sweating bullet. He finally stopped after his right arm started aching. Not to mention his phone that kept getting a call,but he didn’t even bother to look around as his eyes were fixed on the basket ring.

He turned around only to found a figure who was wearing black sweater stood behind him.

“Holy !” Yoongi immediately collapsed on the ground and sat there. “Park Jimin! What the hell are you doing here??”

Jimin pursed his lips before joined the older. “Watching you endlessly shooting the ball into the ring. It’s so entertaining.” He passed Yoongi a bottle of water

Yoongi let out a deep long sigh and took the bottle. “You’re so lucky because I am exhausted now. If I were on my full energy mode,you’d be killed right away.” He gulped the water.

“Honestly,I’ve never seen you on your full energy mode except when you rap,hyung.” Jimin giggled but he then pouted after getting a smack on the head by the older. “But I have to admit it that you look cool when you play basketball.”

Yoongi choked on his water. “Why did you come here?”

Jimin frowned. “I’ve told you that I came here to see you playing basketball.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Did you just know me or something? Just tell me the truth. You must be having something to tell.”

Jimin bit his lip,unable to bring himself to talk. And Yoongi noticed the younger’s body language. He patted the younger on the back.

“Ya,don’t be nervous. I am your hy-“

“Hyung,” Jimin cut Yoongi. “That’s right. You’re my hyung.”

Yoongi stared at the younger who had his head down. He somehow felt the unidentified ache on his chest.

“Yoongi hyung,” Jimin said softly,as he’s afraid to call the older’s name. “there are some people that I truly love in this world. First,my family. Second,it’s my bestfriends,Taehyung,Jeongguk. Third,it’s my hyungs. I never want to hurt them nor let them get hurt by me.”

Yoongi’s hands were trembling and his heart was pounding. Desperate hope and uncalled fear both mixed up and creeped into his heart and mind,which all of his courage and confidence to look at the guy next to him who was looking at him now.

“Hyung,” Jimin said in a louder voice. “You know I’ve never succeeded with my relationship,right? The longest relationship I’ve ever had stood only for five months. I got mad at those people who had left me. But then I realized it was me who caused it all. I am too young to understand what’s relationship for. I realized that I never know what love is,nor do I feel it. I realized that I am the one who hurt them all this time.”

Jimin took a deep breath before placing his hand on Yoongi’s shoulder. “Yoongi hyung,” He stared at the older who had his head down. “You’re my hyung. And I never want to hurt you,nor let you get hurt by me.”

Yoongi tried to get some air as he looked at the wet ground. The tears fell even more as he felt the younger’s hand on his shoulder. But he then swallowed the sob for himself. After some times,he looked up. He slowly nodded and kept his stare straight in front of him. But he could see Jimin was still staring at him.

“I got it.” Yoongi pursed his lips. “Thanks.”

“Hyung..”

“Thanks for giving me an answer.” Yoongi finally met the younger’s eyes who turned out were teary as well. “Hyung is really grateful for that.” He patted Jimin on the back.

They both shared a silence after that. The silence that spoke everything. The pain,the sorry,the heartbreak.

-Seven Months After Debut-

Yoongi decided he couldn’t take it anymore as Hoseok made a noise in the kitchen with Jimin while he was trying to get some sleep.

“Jesus Christ,was a voice needed just to cook a damn ramen?” Yoongi bursted into the kitchen and stared at both guys who were looking at the floor now.

“Hoseok hyung wouldn’t let me help him cook the ramen.” Jimin pointed at Hoseok who’s glaring at him right away.

Yoongi glared at Hoseok. “Jung Hoseok a.k.a Jhope,you shouldn’t reject someone’s help.” He then pointed his finger at Jimin who’s giggling. “And you Park Jimin a.k.a Mr. Abs,stop being too kind because it really makes me sick. Got it??”

Hoseok and Jimin both rolled their eyes,but then shouting a “Yes,hyung!” as Yoongi showed his Imma-kill-you face one more time.

Yoongi dragged his feet out the kitchen before coming back again. He picked up a spoon and hit Jimin’s head with it. “And don’t point your finger at older!” He then left them two again,still by dragging his feet.

Yoongi the TV while spoke loudly,letting the two guys hear it on purpose. “A day of break was useless when in the end you guys have to be around. Why couldn’t it be me precious dongsaeng Jeongguk? Why?”

Jimin sat next to Yoongi,followed by Hoseok who was carrying a big bowl of ramen.

“You have to be thankful,hyung. You are left with a great cook like me while Jin hyung is away.” Hoseok spooned the broth and tasted it. “Anyway,Namjoon said Jeongguk didn’t go with him and Jin hyung. Where did that kid go?”

“He said he’s going to a coffee shop.” Yoongi answered without taking his eyes off from the tv screen where a music video of Got7 was played. “That kid seriously was deep as f-“

“Flower.” Jimin cut him. “Hyung,why can’t you stop saying bad word?” He complained. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

“Wow,they’re so good at dancing.” Hoseok fixed his eyes on the tv. “Anyway,I’ve never seen you and Mark hyung meet each other. Did you two fight before our debut or something,hyung?”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Today is our first day getting a break and you excpect us to meet while I barely could get enough sleep?”

Hoseok pouted. “No need to give such a salty answer.” He then focused on the tv again. “I bet you received tons of texts from him since you two were very very bestfriend.”

“Ten points to Jung Horse Seok!” Jimin clapped his hand. “And there was always a ‘let’s meet each other’ after the text.”

Jimin were giggling until he caught Yoongi’s death glare. He continued eating the ramen in quietly.

“Ya! I’ve told you to never play with my phone,haven’t I?”

Jimin gave Yoongi a sad puppy eyes look. “Sorry. This is the last time.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes at the younger’s cuteness that he couldn’t resist. Just then,he felt his phone was buzzing.

“I heard you’re free today. Let’s have some coffees at ‘Coffee Latter”. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.

PS: I don’t accept any kind of excuses”

“I heard got7 also get a precious day of break tod-“

Hoseok was freaked out at Yoongi who quickly stood up and rushed into his room . He and Jimin exchanged a WTF-is-wrong-with-this-hyung look.

------------------

Mark sat at the coffee shop while nervously stared at the entrance door. He glanced over his watch. Ten minutes had passed but it felt like ten hours for him. Just then,a black haired man with spectacle made his entrance and walked towards Mark who was smiling now.

A sadness,dissappointment,and fear,finally went away as he finally got to see a man who he’d been dying to see in person. Someone he’d been dying to meet for seven months.

“Excuse me,” The small man approached Mark. “Have you seen someone named Mark?”

Mark frowned,but he then laughed. “That’s cheap,Suga.”

Yoongi pulled out a chair and sat down. He let out an awkward cough. “How have you been,my long lost bestfriend?”

Mark once again laughed. “I am great. How about you,Min Yoongi?”

Yoongi pursed his lips. “You gotta be thankful because you meet me on my break day. Otherwise,you’ll hear my rants. But I’ll just leave it because we wouldn’t be so busy in our next comeback.” He then smirked as he noticed a cup of americano in front of him. “As expected,my american bestfriend a.k.a Mark Tuan.”

Mark smiled. “I heard from Jeongguk that you guys have a day of break.” He drank his espresso. “I really wanted to se-“

“Wait,you and Jeongguk are friends?”

Mark shook his head. “I happened to walk pass this coffee shop and spotted him here while staring out the window.”

Yoongi nodded. “I’ve known it that he really is deep as f-flower.”

Mark chuckled. “You still haven’t changed,have you?”

Yoongi sighed. “It actually gets worse,the cursing. But I have no idea why I automatically lose the guts to curse in front of you.” He took a sip of americano. “How’s got7 squad doing?”

“They’re fine. Even Jackson and Bambam are super fine.”

Yoongi nodded. “And about Jinyoung?” He asked softly,afraid that he might hurt his friend’s feeling.

Mark chuckled. “I got rejected before I could confess. He told me he have a girlfriend.” He looked at Yoongi. “How about Jimin?”

Yoongi shrugged. “I guess we’re meant to be. “I got rejected before I could confess. But he didn’t have a girlfriend nor boyfriend at that time. He said he didn’t want me to get hurt by him.” He then noticed Mark’s odd reaction and assumed Mark felt bad for him. “Nah,that’s okay. I now realized what a rascal he is. He is more like my dongsaeng now. How about you?”

Mark smiled. “I thought I was bitter about it for like two months. But then I realized there’s someone else that made me bitter all the time. It’s you.”

Yoongi stayed still for a minute before broke it with a laughter. “Well,t-thanks?”

Mark chuckled. “I was so bitter because I realized that it’s you all this time that I’ve been loving. It was after we separated that I just realized how you’re always be the one who’s there for me when I was down.”

Yoongi was frozen. His hand was still holding the americano that got colder. And Mark’s stare made him freeze even more. And as he listened to Mark’s words,his mind suddenly solved the pieces of puzzle inside his heart that he ignored this whole time. All the times he missed his bestfriend more than he supposed to. All the times he wanted to run into Mark and talk to him everytime he was exhausted chasing after his dream. All the times he felt like his heart was about to explode everytime he received a text from Mark. All the times he told himself that he shouldn’t be like that.

All of those pieces of puzzle were finally solved and he now realized who’s the man in front of him. And for the second time in his love life,the tears fall. It’s not the kind of tears  that fell because of  the audience chanting his name,nor because of his group’s wins and loses.

They were the tears that he’d been holding onto this whole time. Because he was too afraid to admit it that he was falling for his long lost bestfriend. That he was falling for someone who he shared his bitter love story with.

“Yoongi-ah,” Mark smiled. “Rather than ask you to start it all over again with me,I’d like to ask you continue what we had.,not as my bestfriend,but as someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Would you like to continue our paused journey with me as your boyfriend?”

------------

“Wow,what a great reaction!” Yoongi claps his hand sincerely. “But I prefer the word f-flower. Darn it!”

Mark comes back with five cups of coffees. He then hands the americano for Yoongi. “I’ve told you to stop cursing.”

Yoongi takes a sip of the coffee and looks around the coffee shop. “This is a place where Mark confessed his feeling to me.” Everyone was cringing,include Mark. But then Yoongi continued. “Taehyung was the one who chose this place,right?”

Taehyung slowly nods. “I and Jeongguk always visitted this coffee shop before you guys debut.”

“Ah..no wonder why he always visits this coffee shop whenever he’s free.” Mark states as he moves next to Yoongi.

Taehyung stares at Jeongguk who looks down.

“How do you know?” Yoongi asks.

“Nah,I always go to the chicken restaurant across this building.”

“I heard the chicken is delicious.” Jinyoung gulps. “Shall we go?”

“But my americano?” Yoongi lifts his coffee cup.

“Coffee is a great beverage for chicken.” Jackson stood up. “Let’s go.”

Everyone except Taehyung,Jeongguk,and Youngjae stood up.

“I think Coco wants to poop.” Youngjae looks at Yoongi. “Hyung,let me borrow Mark hyung for awhile,okay?

And like that,Mark is being dragged by Youngjae,leaving Yoongi behind.

“How about you two?” Yoongi asks.

Jeongguk stands up. “I have to discuss something about our comeback with manager.” He looks at his watch. “I’ll have to go soon. I’m sorry.

”That’s so unfortunate.” Jaebum looks at Taehyung. “How about you,Taehyung?”

“You have to go with us because this is like my once in a lifetime chance to meet you,okay?” Jackson asks,or more like threatens Taehyung.

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk,and he then stands up. “I’ll go.” He pulls out his hand to Jeongguk. “Until we meet again,Jeongguk.”

Jeongguk hesitately grabs Taehyung’s hand. “Until we meet again,” He pauses. “Hyung.”

All of them walk out of the coffee shop,leaving Jeongguk behind. Taehyung finds himself keep looking back to where Jeongguk’s at. And his heart aches as he sees Jeongguk is sitting down again while looking down.

Jeongguk grabs a cup of coffee and drinks it. Only then he realized that he’s drinking someone else’s americano,and he still finds americano is still as bitter as it was two years ago.

His heart is still as hurt as it was two years ago.