CHAPTER II

BITTER AND SWEET

 “What?” Namjoon gasps in horror

“Are you out of your mind?” Jimin snaps

Yoongi sighs. “Ah..I had seen it coming.”

Jeongguk just let himself being attacked by his hyungs. He had seen seen it coming,so he’d prepared himself to receive all kind of reactions about his decision to join the rapper line.

“Jeongguk-ah,why all of sudden?” Jin asks Jeongguk calmly,as always.

Jeongguk shrugs. “I just want to. It seemed cool and I like rap.”

Yoongi nods. “This rascal asked me to teach him how to rap a year ago and now he’s almost better than us. Maybe we can give it a try.”

Jeongguk cracks a big grin and hug Yoongi. “Thanks,hyung. You’re indeed my favorite hyung. Want me to treat you lamb skewer?”

Yoongi struggles to escape from maknae’s tight hug. “Ew,stay away from me.”

Hoseok sighs. “But,still..I think your voice suited vocal line more than our line.”

Namjoon nods in agreement. “Give it a second thought,Jeongguk-ah.”

The door was opened and Taehyung makes his way toward the others while holding a big bowl of ramen. “I swear to God this is the last time we meet up in my room. If Taeyeon noona found out we ate ramen here,we’d be dead meat.” He sits between Jimin and Yoongi. “What is it?”

Namjoon shrugs. “Jeongguk said he want to switch to rapper line.”

Taehyung opens his eyes wide,glaring at Jeongguk who calmly picks the ramen with chopsticks. “WHAT? You must be kidding me,right?”

Jimin shakes his head. “He ain’t kidding.”

Taehyung sighs. He stared at Jeongguk for a minute before slowly nodding. “Okay,then. I agree. You can give it a try.”

Everyone was shocked by the way Taehyung reacted,including Jeongguk who choked on the ramen broth  right after that. He quickly leaves the room to get some water in kitchen

Jimin looks at Taehyung. “Why?”

Taehyung picks up a kimchi from a small bowl. “He’ll change his mind soon. Don’t worry. It’s just Jeon Jeongguk. The golden maknae who wanted to prove that he can do everything. Let him be part of vocal and rap lines. He’ll realize where’s his passion at”

Jeongguk comes back with a glass of water and put it right in front of Taehyung. “So?”

Namjoon nods his head. “We all agree. You’ll be part of both vocal and rap lines,since you do both well.”

Jeongguk smiles happily. “Yeah..”

Taehyung takes a drink of the water. “But why do you want to join the rapper line out of the blue?”

Jeongguk drinks d the ramen broth. “I just love rap.” He then looks at Taehyung. “And it’s not out of the blue.”

-A Year Ago-

Taehyung excitedly jumped as Namjoon,Yoongi,and Hoseok were rapping to Cypher part 3,the song that they composed with a help from their  sunbaes.  The song became a hit in KE University and they gained more fame through that song,especially the rapper line.

Taehyung kept jumping excitedly with Jeongguk next to him,judging the older so hard due to the secondhand embarassment.

“Hyung,stop that.” Jeongguk tried to pull Taehyung back to his seat,but he failed anyway.

“But I don’t care! You can’t control my !” Taehyung sang as he did the wild headbang

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. He knew there’s no way Taehyung would stop being wild since he’s a hardcore fan of the rapper line.

Jeongguk gathered his strength and grabbed Taehyung’s hand,and made Taehyung sit down with one strong pull.

Taehyung eventually collapsed on the sofa and rested his head on Jeongguk’s shoulder. He fanned himself and managed to get some air. The rapper line were stilll partying up.

“I really wish I could be a rapper.” Taehyung said through his heavy breath

“Keep dreaming,hyung.” Jeongguk said as his head was burried on the manga. He stole a glance over the older once in awhile.

Taehyung straightened his body and stared at the rapper line.

“If I couldn’t be a rapper,I’ll marry one. Either it is a man or woman. I don’t care. I’ll marry them.” Taehyung said in a voice full of determination.

Meanwhile Jeongguk who previously didn’t pay attention at all to rapper line’s performance,fixed his eyes on them now. A new goal was set on his mind.

--------------------

They finish eating the ramen within 10 minutes. Hoseok and Jin do the dishes,thanks to rock-scissor-paper they played. A simple yet decisive game for them since doing the dishes was the worst part of having a ramen party.

Jimin sits on Taehyung’s bed. His eyes are fixed at the small cute box on the bed. “What is that?”

Taehyung shrugs. “Taeyeon noona asked me to give it to someone from department next door.”

Jimin widens his eyes. “You mean,K-Film department?”

Taehyung nods while keeping his eyes on suspicious Jimin. “Why?”

Jimin quickly sits next to Taehyung,clinging onto him,and shakes his same aged friend’s body excitedly. “Take me with you,please please please. I heard it was a place of good looking men. Please,Taehyungie..”

Taehyung shoves Jimin’s hand. “Geez..stop being like this. What if Sungjae found out?”

Jimin sighs. “We broke up.” He shakes Taehyung’s body again. “Please,I need to move on. Take me with you,okay?”

Taehyung judges his friend so hard and let Jimin knew it through his salty facial expression. “Dude,can you not?” He then gets up. “If I took you with me,it’d take an hour for me to drag you out of there. N.O.”

Everyone claps,agreeing with Taehyung’s decision. But one person just sits in the corner while staring at his bandaged knees. He reaches for a small paper on Taehyung’s table and scribbles on it.

“How stupid I am. Waiting for a rain to fall in desert.”

---------------------------------

“ .” Taehyung keeps repeating that word as he stands in front of K-Film Department’s gate with a small cute box on his hand.

He curses himself for being so forgetful as he forgets whose the name that his noona mentioned earlier.

“He’s tall and good looking. His name is Park-“ and his mind goes blank

His soul is torn in two as he wants to call Taeyeon and ask who’s that guy name. But he knows she’d raise her voice to the point he might become deaf. He still needs his hearing for 20 more years if God let him.

After 5 minutes of battle with his own self,he makes a decision and steps into the building,trusting his instinct and pretty good-luck. But God has made another plan. Taehyung been exploring the big building for almost an hour,asking people around if they knew the tall and handsome guy whose first name was Park. And most of the answers led him to people who had no idea who Taeyeon was.

In desperation,he pushes the lift button to the base floor. He pulls out his phone and has another battle with himself whether he should call Taeyeon or not. The lift stops at 5th floor and someone walked in. The appearance of the guy steals Taehyung’s attention. Tall,good looking.

Taehyung glances over the name tag hanging on the man’s neck. “Park Bo Gum”.

“That’s it! Park Bo Gum!” Taehyung cries out of the blue

“Excuse me?“

Taehyung gasps. The atmosphere suddenly becomes ntense as everyone in the lift fixed their gaze at Taehyung. He awkwardly clears his throat and gulped.

“Did you just call my name?”

A question remains Taehyung about the errand he is running.

Taehyung hands the box to the tall guy “This is from Taeyeon noona. Please accept it.” He quickly gets  out of the lift and runs as fast as possible. He promises himself that he wouldn’t visit this place anymore. Not even once.

Just when he was about to leave the building,someone grabs him by his shoulder,making Taehyung freak out.

“Shiii-“ Taehyung turns around only to found the tall guy named Park Bogum is standing behind him with the box still on his grip. “I am sorry.”

The tall guy seems shocked at first. But he then cracks a giggle. “That’s okay. Sorry for freaking you out. I just want to return this.” He hands Taehyung the small box “I guess you had a wrong person. I didn’t know your noona.”

Taehyung mentally sighs. He was so sure that the name his noona mentioned was Park Bogum. He takes the box without being able to meet the tall guy’s eyes. He then bows down. “I am so sorry. I thought you’re the right person.”

The tall guy once again cracks a smile. “That’s okay. But,there’s no one named Park Bogum in this department though.”

Taehyung is getting more embarassed. “I-I forgot his name. My noona told me that the person was tall and good looking,so-“

There goes another Taehyung’s wish to just die already.

“I mean,ugh,yeah. Um,I thought you were that person since your first name was Park as well.”

The tall guy nods while smile was still sticking on his face,as it was permanent. “I see. Um,I think I could help you.”

And that’s how the stranger that Taehyung mistook as the right person,mentioning all of the students in the department whose first name was Park. And Taehyung listens carefully,while trying his best to hold the embarassment.

“Park Hae Jin;Park Ji Soo;Park Seo Joon. Park-“

“That’s it! Park Seo Jun! His name is Park Seo Joon. Oh my God,finally! Thank you so much.” Taehyung bows down sincerely

The tall guy seems surprised at first seeing how explosive Taehyung’s reaction was,but  he then smiles. “Don’t mention it. Anyway,I knew that guy named Park Seo Joon. He is in fact my friend. Do you want me to give it to him?”

Taehyung nods immediately. He hands him the small box “Thank you,um,Park-ssi. You have helped me a lot.”

The tall guy frowns. “How old are you?”

“I-I was born in 1995.” Taehyung stutters

The tall guy chuckles. “Just call me hyung,then. I am 3 years older than you. What’s your name?”

Taehyung holds out his hand. “I am Kim Taehyung,the student of K-Music Department. Nice to meet you.”

The tall guy reaches Taehyung’s hand. “Ah..no wonder you have an amazing voice. It’s nice to meet you,too.”

Taehyung could feel his cheek was heating. But then the ringing bell brought him back to his conscious. “Holy-trinity! I need to go now. See you next time,um,hyung.”

The tall guy chuckles. He pats Taehyung on the shoulder. “Okay. See you next time.”

Taehyung awkwardly steps back and walks toward the gate. But once he reached the gate,he runs as fast as possible.

-----------------------

Taehyung steps into the classroom with the last ounce of his strength. He immediately takes a drink as soon as he sat down. Next to him,Youngjae clapped his hand.

“Mr. Kim,you came late but luckily Mr. Kang was absent today. Congratulations for your luck today.”

Taehyung looks at his seat partner with poker face. “You thought.”

Jimin who sits in front of Taehyung joined the conversation. “What happened?”

Taehyung eventually explained the whole tragic story that just happened to him. Youngjae gives his seat partner a judging look. Seokmin who sits next to Jimin laughs over his hyung’s misery. And Jimin let out a relieved breath.

“Wow,you’re such a secondhand embarassment.” Youngjae stated

“Thank God I didn’t go.” Jimin adds

Taehyung glares at Jimin “I was the one who didn’t let you go with me.”

Jimin giggles. “Anyway,that guy sounded so kind. What’s his name again?”

“Park Bogum.” Taehyung turns around. “Jeongguk-ah,gimme your water. I think Imma pass out.”

Jeongguk passes him not only a bottle of water,but also some candies. He gives them to Taehyung without saying any words.

“Ya,what if that guy liked you? It sounded like that.” Youngjae asks in serious tone

Taehyung spits off the water he was drinking. He sends Youngjae a death glare but Youngjae’s been giving him that death glare first.

“Ew.” Youngjae wipes off a sprinkle of Taehyung’s spit on his skin.

“Can’t you stop saying non sense things?” Taehyung takes another drink

“And why was it non sense thing?” Youngjae asks back.

“Hyung,love is a non sense thing according to Taehyung.” Seokmin replies

“It’s not like that.” Taehyung said in a low voice.

Jimin rolls his eyes. “What is it,then? You know,sometimes I am so jealous of you. You didn’t involve any feelings in every situations to everyone though you seemed so.” He shakes his head slowly “People who barely knew you would think you had a feeling toward them. And some of them would fall for you eventually.”

Taehyung frowns. “Was I like that?”

Jimin sighed. “You didn’t realize that?”

Seokmin pats Jimin on the back. “Hyung,did you in case,ever fall for Taehyung?”

“A little.” Jimin whispers

“WHAT???” Youngjae,Taehyung,and Seungkwan shout in horror

“Ya! Did you eavesdrop all this time??” Jimin glares at Seungkwan who sits two rows in front of him

Seungkwan drags his chair and sits next to Jimin. “Sorry,hyung. This was way too interesting to be ignored by my radar.  So,you fell for Taehyung?”

Everyone sighs. They know there’s no way Boo Seungkwan a.k.a the diva in their room would go without any informations.

“It was like 4 years ago,okay? I seriously regretted that.” Jimin said in ease which meant he was being honest

Taehyung feels relieved but offended at the same time.

Seungkwan glances  over Jeongguk. “What about you,Jeonggukie hyung? Did you ever fall for Taehyung?”

Jeongguk finally takes his eyes off from the manga and gives them a salty look. “Me? Fell for him? You-you must be kidding me.” He singsongs.

Taehyung rolls his eyes. “This guy ain’t any better than me. He never liked anyone either.”

“Who knows..” Jeongguk mutters to himself. He then focused on his manga again

“But,Taehyung-ah,if it were true that he like you,you better take the chance,okay?” Jimin encourages his bestfriend

Taehyung rolls his eyes. “Stop. That. Now. Stop saying nonsense.”

Jimin sighs. “Fine.” He pauses. “But he’s handsome,right?”

Taehyung gives Jimin a death glare with a ruler on his grip,ready to smack Jimin’s head to bring him back to his sense. Jimin quickly looked away and rested his head on the table.

------------------

Taehyung closes his eyes as he is standing on a chair. His hand is holding a broomstick. He takes a deep breath and opens his eyes,nodding at Bambam who is holding a phone.

Bambam,the Thai student from Got7 squad,nods back and taps the play button on his phone. A hip hop music background starts filling the room.

“Ayo~ The name is Kim Taehyung a.k.a V!  I’ll dedicate this diss for someone who always judges my dream to be a rapper. Jeon Jeongguk,what’s good?”

Jeongguk whose name was called just shrugs it off. He focuses on his manga.Everyone becomes hyped up.

Taehyung gets annoyed than ever. He holds the broomstick near his lips. Everyone got more hyped. There are 10 minutes before class started but everyone’s already in the room because this is once a week-showdown.

“Yo~ Jeon Jeongguk

You better stay in yo lane

Cause someday you gonna be my fan

And you’ll ask for my sign

Cause I would be hella fine

In Bangtan Sonyeondan’s rapper line”

The boys scream Taehyung’s name,as if they’re watching Eminem’s performance. Jimin facepalms while trying to hold the secondhand embarassment. But Namjoon’s reaction was different. He gets hyped up and screamed Taehyung’s name.

Jeongguk is hiding a smile behind the manga.

“Kim Taehyung! Kim Taehyung!”

“Kim Taehyung!” Someone screams from the outside the room. But it is too loud inside

“Encore! Encore!” Everyone gets wilder

Taehyung cracks a sincere rectangular smile. He couldn’t hide the joy.

“Fine. I’ll do it to all of my loyal fans.” Taehyung gets ready again. He doesn’t need to think about the lyrics cause he’s been saving many disses for Jeongguk. “Yo~ Jeon-“

“KIM TAEHYUNG!”

Everyone turns their attentions to someone who’s standing at the door. It is their sunbae,Kim Sunggyu from Infinite squad.

Sunggyu sighs. “Do you know how many times I’d been calling you? Someone wanted to meet you.”

A tall guy makes his appearance and stands next to Sunggyu. There is a small blue box on his hand.

Bambam turns the music off as Taehyung walks toward the tall guy. Everyone starts to whispering,especially the girls. But Seungkwan is  actually the most curious one,along with Jeongguk who immediately fix his gaze at the tall figure.

Sunggyu leaves them two and the tall guy thank him. Taehyung approaches the tall guy with a big question on his head.

“Park Bogum-ssi,I mean,hyung” The word slips out of Taehyung’s mouth

Bogum smiles. He then throws his gaze to the students in the room who already fixed their eyes on him.

Taehyung notices it and asks the older to speak outside the room. He then closes the door,in case his nosy classmates would eavesdrop them.

Taehyung clears his throat. “What brings you here,um,hyung?”

Bogum hands Taehyung the small blue box. “Seo Joon hyung wanted me to give this to your noona.”

Taehyung takes the box in confusion. He then starts to panic. “Wait,did I get the wrong person again? It’s not Park Seo Joon? Oh my God,noona would kill me.”

Bogum frowns. But he then cracked a smile as he watched the panic Taehyung. “You didn’t get it wrong. It was him. The box was different,though. Your noona’s box colour was white.”

Taehyung went “Ahh..” as he proceeded what the older said. He was relieved and embarassed at the same time. “But why are you the one who give this?”

Bogum sighs. “Seo Joon hyung said he was too nervous to meet your noona since they only had a conversation in virtual life.”

Taehyung mentally sighs. He couldn’t believe people like Taeyeon and that Park Seo Joon did exist.

Taehyung nods. “I’ll give it to her.”

“Please give me your number.”

Taehyung was taken aback by a sudden request. He takes the phone without getting his eyes  off from Bogum. “Okay.”  He started typing in his number.

Bogum clears his throat. “I think we’ll meet more often since both your noona and Seo Joon hyung are still too afraid to meet each other. They’ll ask us to do this over and over again. So...” Bogum swallows his saliva. “So,I think it’d be easier if we made an appointment first before meet each other.”

Taehyung nods and hand back the phone to Bogum. “I already saved it. Well,I guess hyung is right. I’ll text you if my noona by any chance wants to give him another gift,though I hope she wouldn’t.”

Bogum laughs. He glances at his watch. “I think I need to go now. See you next time.”

Taehyung waves at Bogum who’s already five steps away from him. But Bogum then turns around and walk closer to Taehyung again.

“Why? Hyung forgot something?” Taehyung asks

Bogum nods while smiling. “I forgot to say that I enjoyed your performance.” He then waves at Taehyung and run.

Taehyung giggles. He could feel the heat on his cheek. But he then shifts his attention to the box on his hand. He mentally disses his noona and got back into the classrom

And the room becomes quiet as Taehyung makes his way to his seat. He places the box onto the table. Youngjae stares at the box with a big curiousity.

“So,that’s the guy you were talking about,huh?” Youngjae smirked

“He is so good looking. What’s his name again?” Jimin asks

Taehyung is about to reply,but Seungkwan snaps. “It’s Bogum.”

Taehyung looks at Seungkwan. “Ya,you eavesdrop again,huh?”

Seungkwan quickly looks away,pretending he didn’t hear Taehyung.  Taehyung rolls his eyes,unable to believe how nosy Seungkwan was.

“So,he gave you a gift?” Jimin interrogates his bestfriend again.  Meanwhile Jeongguk who sits two rows behind pretends like he wasn’t curious.

Taehyung shakes his head. “This is for Taeyeon noona from someone she knew through dating site.”

“Then what are you two?” Jeongguk asks out of the blue

Taehyung shrugs. “Victims?”

Everyone narrows their eyebrows. “Huh?”

Seokmin gulps. “Does that mean,hyung’s and his family shipped you two and-“

Taehyung cuts Seokmin before he said another nonsense. “Stop watching dramas everyday,will you?”

Jimin smirked. “You’ll watch them everyday when you two finally got together. If you know what I mean.” Jimin put off the smirk as Taehyung sent him a death glare. “What? You two really look good together,though.”

“Hyung,why did he ask for your contact?” Seungkwan asks again.

Taehyung sighs. This Boo Seungkwan just knew the whole things. “We may will meet more often,so-“

“More often?” Jeongguk asks while raising his voice,causing others jump out of their skins. “I mean,what if it affected our schedule?”

Taehyung shakes his head. “It won’t!” He then stares at Jeongguk. “Ya,have you given Yeri the answer?”

Jeongguk slowly nods. He bit his lips,trying to prevent himself from smiling like an idiot

-This Morning Before Taehyung’s Performance-

Jeongguk sat in the empty classroom. He sang to himself as he clean up the white board. A door was open slowly.

“Morning,oppa.” Yeri greeted Jeongguk shyly

Jeongguk awkwardly bowed down. “Morning.”

“Um,I want to give you this.” She handed him a box of sandwich.

Jeongguk was hesitating at first. But he eventually took it. “Thanks.”

Yeri smiled. “Don’t mention it.”

Jeongguk cleared his throat. “Um,about two days ago. I think I can’t go with you. That person told me not to go. I really am so sorry.”

Yeri was taken aback. Her eyes started to watering. And it’s not like Jeongguk didn’t notice it. “Ah,sure. That’s okay. Um,may I know who it is?”

Jeongguk looked down. “It’someone that means the world to me.”

Yeri slowly nodded. She already had her head down. “F-fine. I’ll go now. Bye.”

Jeongguk watched Yeri left the classroom with tears on her face. He felt bad for her. But he couldn’t hide the happiness as his mind kept echoing the words Taehyung said to him two days ago.

“You’re mine so no one can have you tomorrow,or next week,or on the next life. I wouldn’t share you with anyone. You’re hyung’s.”

------------------------

Taehyung gazes at the small white box,moved to his sister,and let out a desperate sigh.

“Taehyung-ah,please..” Taeyeon tilts her head,trying to melt his dongsaeng’s heart

“Noona..” Taehyung whines.

Taeyeon doesn’t give up. She makes another attempt. “I’ll buy you anything that you want if you help me. deal?”

Taehyung likes that idea. He cracks a nervous smile. “Noona,I lost my phone this afternoon. Can you buy me a new on-“
“YOU LOST IT AGAIN???”

Taehyung is sweating. “We went to the mall and I lost it there.”

Taeyeon shakes her head. “How would you keep your girlfriend if you keep losing your phone?” She asks,voice sounding irritated

“Do you think I’ll lose my girlfriend in a crowd or something?”

Taeyeon sighs. She doesn’t give Taehyung an answer. Instead,she shouts at Jongin who’s still in his room. “Jongin! What are you doing inside there? Come out and eat your dinner!”

“I am not hugry. You two can eat first.” Jongin replies in his room

“I bought chicken. Come out. Now!”

Within 5 seconds,Jongin already had his on the chair. Taeyeon and Taehyung stares at Jongin who is busy eating the drumstick.

“Stop being picky,will you?” Taeyeon says as she put a piece of chicken onto Taehyung’s plate.

Jongin shrugs. “I’ll think about it.” His eyes then fixed on the small box in front of Taehyung. “Oh! Taehyung,someone gave you a present?”

Taehyung shakes his head. “A scaredy cat wanted me to give this to her scaredy cat friend.” He said without getting his eyes off from Taeyeon

Jongin notices his brother’s gaze. He then looks at Taeyeon in disbelief. “Wow.”

Taeyeon smirks. “Why? You’re jealous because your noona finally gets someone meanwhile you’re still all by yourself?”

Jongin chuckled. “I’m not. I was just surprised that you have a friend.”

Taehyung bursts into laughter. But the laughter turns into horror gasp as Taeyeon pulled Jongin’s hair. Taeyeon then storms into her room.

Jongin shrugs and took a leftover chicken on his noona’s plate. He then looks at Taehyung. “Taehyung-ah,this question would make me sound nosy. But I am so curious. Um,I heard you’re finally dating?”

Taehyung frowns. “Me? Dating?”
Jongin nods. “Jimin told me that you date a student from K-Film department. What’s his name again?”

Taehyung places the chicken onto the plate. He then stood up,eyes showing that he was ready to fight.

Jongin frowns at his brother who walks toward the door. “Where are you going?”

“To kill Park Jimin.”

Taehyung opens the door only to found Jeongguk was outside,hand got ready to knock on the door.

“Where are you going,hyung? It’s so cold outside.” Jeongguk stares at Taehyung’s sock-less feet.

Taehyung doesn’t change his facial expression and answers coldly. “To kill Park Jimin.”

Jeongguk frowns. “Jiminnie hyung isn’t at his home now.”

Taehyung closes his eyes and sighs. “What are you doing here?”

Jeongguk peeks inside Taehyung’s house. “I smelled chicken so I’ll eat here. Mom and dad would go home late.”

Taehyung nods,he gestures Jeongguk to get in. He then closes the door. “Noona bought many of it. Eat as much as-“

Jongin looks at his brother with the last piece of chicken on his hand. “What? You said you’re gonna kill Park Jimin. I assumed it would take more than an hour and you’ll lose your appetite after that. So I ate all of-“

“Nevermind.” Taehyung goes to the kitchen. “Jeongguk-ah,I’ll cook ramen for you.”

Jongin sits next to Jeongguk and whispers to him. “Jeongguk-ah,is it true that our Taehyungie date someone from K-Film department. Jimin said he’s good looking and tall. Is it true?”

Jeongguk shrugs. “I don’t know.” He opens a bag of chips. “And he ain’t that handsome. He won it cause he’s tall.”

Jongin nods. “I thought he’d finally date someone. It seemed impossible for someone like Taehyung to have a crush on someone,right? He treated literally everyone way too sweetly that it caused misunderstanding.” He sighs. “I heard Jimin said he’d ever had a crush on him. I thought it was you,though.”

Jeongguk stops stuffing the chips into his mouth. “Why me?”

“He treated you so well. He might seem harsh toward you,but believe me,he loves you the most among the other. Maybe that’s because you’re younger than him and he is the maknae in this house. I thought you’d fall for him.”

Jeongguk snorts. “Are you crazy? Why would I fall for someone weird like him?”

Taehyung approaches Jeongguk and taps the younger’s shoulder. “Jeongguk-ah,lend me your phone,please.”

Jeongguk senses something wouldn’t go right. But he pulls out his phone and hands it to Taehyung anyway. A rectangular smile is cracked. Taehyung goes back to the kitchen.

Suddenly,the house is filled with Cypher pt 3. And Taehyung is rapping passionately in the kitchen.

“YA! Turned down the volume !!” Taeyeon shouts from inside of her room.

But the music is way too loud. Taehyung keeps on stirring his ramen while his mouth busy spitting the lyrics from Cypher pt 3.

Jongin just facepalms seeing his brother’s poor rap skill. Jeongguk cracks a smile while  stuffing another chips into his mouth. His mind keeps echoing the words that Jongin said earlier.

“He loves you the most among the other.”

Jongin shakes his head in disbelief. “I agree with you. He’s seriously weird.”

Taehyung places the ramen onto the table and hands Jeongguk the chopsticks. “Anyway,where does Jimin go? It’s already 9.”

Jeongguk moves his seat and sits next to Taehyung. “He said he went to movies.”

Taehyung narrows his eyebrows. “With Hoseok hyung?”
Jeongguk shakes his head. “Yoongi hyung.”

Jongin frowns. “Isn’t he supposed to have a trial with a famous basketball team today?”

Taehyung frowns at Jongin’s statement. “Really? How could you know?”

“Minseok hyung told me that. He said it was a big event and only those who with great skill were picked.”

Taehyung frowns even more. “Was Yoongi hyung even that good at basketball?” He then shrugs. “But Yoongi hyung is actually a sweet cinammon roll. He has a soft spot for us.”

“I just got a death threat by him yesterday for waking him up in the classroom. What a sweet cinammon roll!”  Jeongguk said in sarcastic tone.

Taehyung snorts. “I’ll correct it,then. He has a soft spot for Jimin.”

 

--------------------

Jimin tightens his jacket while Yoongi is busy fixing his scarf. They are sitting on a bus stop. Jimin glances at Yoongi who sipped his coffee.

“Isn’t the movie great?”

Yoongi nods. “It is.”

Jimin grinned. “Hyung,thanks for coming with me. I finally could confirm that I am your favorite dongsaeng.”

Yoongi sighs. “I agreed to watch a movie with you because you  cried at the jjajjangmyun restaurant,begging me to come with you since you had bought two tickets for you and Sungjae,okay?”

Jimin pouts. “Hyung,can you not bring back that embarassing moment?” He then smiles happily again. “But,whatever. I could finally watch the movie with you. And you like the movie too. It means I gave someone happiness twice.”

Yoongi glances at the smiling Jimin. “Are you supposed to be happy right now?” He slips his hands into the pocket of his coat. “You’re supposed to watch it with him. But here we are.”

Jimin shrugs. “Am I supposed to be a sad man? He’s just not worth it.”

Yoongi just chuckles hearing the answer. Jimin looks at the older.

“Look who’s laughing at me.” Jimin snorts. “Someone who doesn’t even have a girlfriend. Honestly though,I even doubt you like someone.”

Yoongi looks across the road. There are 5 minutes before the next bus comes. “Jimin-ah,let’s watch a movie again next time.”

Jimin stares at Yoongi. There is something inside his head that he couldn’t understand. But he then cracks a smirk. “Hyung,you finally figured out how awesome living outside of your apartment,didn’t you? Fine..” He pats Yoongi on the back. “Let’s watch hundred of movies together before I get a new boyfriend. But hyung,don’t be upset if we’d only be able to watch less than ten movies. If you know what I mean.”

Yoongi let out an empty laughter. He wordlessly gets into the bus,with Jimin followed him behind. They don’t speak to each other in the bus either.