Stay

| e t e r n a l ♥ o n e s h o t s |

 

“Iroljul mollaso nega nal ttonasso, yongwonhal got chorom midonnunde.”

I didn’t think it would be like this, you left me. I believed like it would be eternal.”

 

You didn’t know why you did it; you didn’t even know you could utter those 3 cruel words while looking at the face you’ve loved for three whole years.

You tried to laugh, aware of the sudden tensed atmosphere which hung between the both of you now. It was impossible. What you thought had just happened couldn’t possibly be the reality you’re in now.

But just one pained look on his anguished face was enough to confirm your doubts. His usual cheerful smile which he had given you just a few minutes before was now completely washed off by your hateful words.

You had said it in the moment of anger and now there was no turning back.

“You…” his voice croaked. “What did you say?”

In normal circumstances, you would turn around and just walked away without any further explanation because you knew he would come after you and make things right again.

But this time, right this very second, you found yourself looking up at him and staring back into his cold and saddened eyes.

I’m sorry. You know I didn’t mean a word. We’ve gone through this thousand of times…

“I want to break up,” you said instead, your voice rang out loud and clear for him to hear.

Silence engulfed both of you again; your gazes were still fixed on each other. You knew what he was thinking; he was waiting for you to say, ‘Okay time’s up. Let’s just kiss and make up right now.’”

No matter how much you wanted to, you just couldn’t. It’s precisely because you’ve been through this for countless time that you didn’t have the energy to carry on with this any longer. You didn’t want to get entangled with the same routine for the rest of your life. You didn’t want to live with his blind jealousy for a second more.

“No. You’re just trying to pull a mean joke on me,” he shook his head in disbelief. He raised up his right hand and pointed his finger at you.

“Take it back. Take back everything you’ve just said,” he continued with his voice slightly raised now.

Mianhe Lee Joon. I can’t do this anymore. I’m tired and I just can’t take anymore of your falsely based accusations. If you don’t trust me any longer, isn’t it best we part ways now?”

He didn’t answer you immediately and instead he turned away; his eyes wandered around, searching for God knows what.

Taking his silence as consent, you your heels and started to walk away.

You’re not completely heartless; you could feel the tears b in your eyes. You didn’t ended things with him because you fell out of love. It’s because you loved him too much and it pained you that he’s still always full of suspicions.

As you stared down at your shoes while you counted your steps, you realised this place, this particular bridge was the place where he had asked you to be his girlfriend.

That beautiful night, with stars twinkling brightly in the dark sky; it was perfect.

Lee Joon had brought you here, as he took both of your hands in his and guided you, whose eyes were blindfolded.

You heard a click sound of something fastening around your neck and when he took off your blindfold, your eyes lit up in delight at the beautiful engraved necklace.

You could still feel the warmth of his lips on yours, when he had kissed you for the first time. You remembered closing your eyes and laying your head against his shoulder as he whispered the 3 most beautiful words into your ear.

 

Suddenly, you felt two strong arms grabbing your waist from behind causing your eyes to fly open from your reminiscence.

“Joon…” you breathed. “What are you doing?”

“Don’t leave me,” he said urgently. “Don’t walk away.”

You tried to break away from him but that just made his grip on you tightened. It was clear he meant what he said; he didn’t have any intention of letting you go.

“It’s too late,” you said whispered hoarsely. “Let me go. You’re hurting me.”

“No,” he replied in a low voice as he nuzzled himself against your brown locks. “You’re the one who’s hurting me right now.”

Joon, you’re not making things any easier for me…

“You often said we should break up,” he continued. “But you never really walked away from me. What makes this time any different?”

Because you keep on abusing the chances I’ve given you…

You shut your eyes close tightly because you knew the tears were going to fall over any second now. And you couldn’t show him that you’re weak. He couldn’t know that this is hurting you just as much.

“I can’t end this. I cannot let you leave me all alone.”

You let him carry on talking while you just listen to his desperate pleas. Maybe, just maybe, if he would promise you one thing…

“Joon…”

“Don’t do this to me,” you could hear his voice had started wavering before you felt a sudden warm drop on your neckline.

His tear. He was crying.

“I don’t have anyone else. And you know why I’m always asking this and that. You know it’s because I’ve lost everything else and I’m afraid of losing you next.”

Slowly, you brought up your hands and placed it on his which were still wrapped strongly around you. You didn’t know if it was to console him or convince yourself, but you just needed to feel his touch against yours for one more time.

In response, he buried his face into your neck and said through muffled words but you could hear him well enough nevertheless.

Modungol irosso nan ottoke jiwoya halji? Babo chorom norul itji mothago…”

His sharp words pierced through your heart as you winced silently inside.

I lose everything, how should I erase you? Like an idiot, I can’t forget you…