KEY to my Heart.

| e t e r n a l ♥ o n e s h o t s |

 

You ran down the stairs as quickly as you can; skipping a couple of steps. You were already running late for work and the morning rush of people who are rushing just as you are; is not helping at all.

You headed straight for the platform and were relieved that there were a few more minutes left until the next train come.

You stood quietly at the corner and took out your bottled water to take a sip; quenching your thirst which you have been enduring since just now. The cold water felt good against your dry lips and you could finish the whole bottle if you were not saving it for later.

Just as you were about to tighten the cap back, someone bumped hard into you from behind and the water spilled all over on your new clothes.

You were horrified to see a whole patch of water staining your dark purple blouse and that your favourite pair of heels was not spared as well.

“Oh no! I am so sorry for that. I was rushing and didn’t watch where I was going!”

You finally looked up from the damage and were about to have it out with the careless person who had caused you this trouble; but the second your eyes met his face, you forgot everything you wanted to say.

Standing there in front of you; was the most gorgeous man you have ever seen. From his perfectly styled brownish red hair, to his intense eyes and sharp jawline; you were dumbfounded for awhile.

He was staring back at you, waiting for any form of reaction; probably wondering if you were going to yell at him. Although you didn’t want to, you had to tear your eyes away from his well sculptured face.

“Um, no. It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. This place is packed,” the response that came out from your mouth was totally different from what you had planned to say.

“Oh no. How can you say that? Come, let me help you,” he said as he took out a packet of tissue and knelt down in front of you.

“Wait. What are you doing?”

“Wiping your shoes,” he answered simply.

Your face flushed in embarrassment at his spontaneous action.

“You don’t have to,” you protested but at the same time, you couldn’t help but smile

“Almost done!” he said cheerfully.

“Okay. They look as good as new now,” he stood up and grinned at you. “I did a good job didn’t I?”

You took a peek at your heels and he was right. They looked just the same like they had been a few minutes ago.

“You really didn’t have to, but thank you...” you smiled shyly at the handsome stranger, not knowing how more awkward the situation could get. Thankfully, he held out his hand to save you from further embarrassment.

“Kim Ki Bum,” he said. “But I prefer to be called Key. Pretty cool huh?” he winked.

You took his hand hesitantly and gave him a warm smile.

He was right; it was a very unique name. And maybe just perhaps, someday, he could be the key to your heart.