Guilt

Stupid Anxiety
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Pict belongs to Park Sora

 

When he said he’d like to make amend into their relationship, Kyuhyun really tried his best to keep his words. He’s been refusing new clients and he’s now put more effort to looking for a real assistant that can actually help him with his ‘detective’ works—all just to make sure he doesn’t hurt Sera the way he did few days ago.

Knowing her, Kyuhyun understand the smiles she put on her face lately were just an illusion, he knows how she’s still broken hearted from the look in her eyes, and though Sera didn’t say anything, Kyuhyun already figured out how Sera is still avoiding to have any kind of intense talk with him—either she really doesn’t like the prospect of their talk or maybe she’s just too afraid that he’ll be rude again if the wrong topic came out.

This night however, they get into the right track to have the serious talk about their relationship. They’re lying on the bed after the great time they had from the love making they haven’t done in a long time and apparently it has put both of them in better moods.

“So you really learned to quilt?” Kyuhyun picks up the new quilted blanket Sera just finished sewing to cover their bodies.

“Yes, it looks okay, right?”

“Looks great.” He piles his pillow on his back and leans onto the head board of the bed.

“Don’t lie.” She leans her head onto his shoulder. “You hate loud pattern.”

“Ha! Living with you changed everything in my life.” He pinches her nose softly, “This room looks completely different from its original state and I don’t mind, I really like the lady’s touch in the house—makes it a home.”

“Aish, you still have lousy pick-up lines.” Sera rolls her eyes but smiles to his cheesy way to comfort her.

“But it works for you.” He grins playfully. “So tell me more about your day.”

“Nothing, as usual nothing much. Maybe you’re the one who should tell me about your day.”

“Meh, usual case.” He scoffs, “I don’t understand why the average age of my costumer now getting younger. They got married too early but then filing for divorce pretty soon.”

“Really? What’s the youngest number?”

“20 years old female, she filed for divorce because her husband can’t make her happy—for unspecific reason.”

“And you take that case?”

“Heck no! There’s nothing for me to defend if she cannot tell me her real reason, she refused to cooperate so I refuse the case.”

“Good for you, less work and more time for your beautiful wife.” Sera points to herself with a big smile on her face. “I love it when you refuse a case.”

Kyuhyun chuckles, “I still have to take some, Sera-ya. I need to provide you with a great life.” He rounds his arms around her shoulder then pulls her closer to kiss the top of her head.

She lifts her head so she can look at her husband’s face clearer, “Isn’t that’s exactly what you’re doing?”

He shrugs, “Well, compare to your earlier life before me, I’m pretty sure it’s nothing really.”

“Ya! Cho Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun smiles bitterly and takes her hand to play with her fingers. “I mean, your parents gave you the comfortable life and after that you got him as your husband—which also gave you a comfortable life. I need to work twice as hard than usual to provide you Sera-ya, I don’t want you to live a casual life because you’re with me.”

He doesn’t know why he can say his deepest thought at this moment to her, maybe it’s his insecurity over the great men in Sera’s ious life, maybe because he thinks Sera deserves to know the truth behind his reason for working so hard, Kyuhyun just really think it’s about time he’s being really  honest to her. Their relationship is stronger than he thought and he’s sure she can handle this talk.

Sera runs her hand to caress his face, she doesn’t look offended nor sad, she’s just trying to understands him. “Kyu, what makes you think that’s really the life that I want?”

“I don’t know. Sometimes I just feel like crap whenever I think about it and it became my drive to work harder.” He avoids her gaze. It’s already odd enough for him to confess his deepest insecurity; he doesn’t need to look at her pity stare.

“Kyu, will you look at me? please?”

He ignores her request and avoids her gaze still.

Sera swift her body on top of him and spread her legs to trap his in between then sits on top of his laps. She cups his face and forces him to look at her. “It’s true what you said, I had a comfortable life when I was my father’s daughter and he was barely there for me when I grew up. And you’re aware also how they removed me from the family register because I scar their image in front of Taecyeon’s family—if he really considers me as his daughter, I think he’d choose me over his own image.” She pauses, wishing Kyuhyun can really get her means.

“And Taecyeon, “She continues, “I had a great comfortable life, he provided me with the things he thought I needed while what I needed was him to be beside me through the hard time. I don’t think it’s too much for me to ask you for not doing what they did to me, right?”

“No, you don’t.” He takes her arms that’s cupping her face and place them on his chest, “But still I don’t want you to starve also.”

“You’re exaggerating Kyu, first of all I don’t eat that much. Secondly, you put a roof on top of my head, you shelter me and you take care of me when everyone turned their back away. I couldn’t ask for more, I really don’t and I won’t.”

“You deserve only the best Sera..”

“And the best for me is having you around me. Please Kyu, listen to me. I don’t need you to work you to the point it harms our marriage or to the point we barely talk to each other. Let’s be honest to ourselves, when’s the last time we had a real talk like this?”

He nods, knowing that Sera is once again right about his absence in their marriage life.

“Kyu, I don’t know if we should discuss this again but I really need to say it.”

“Go ahead, the moment’s is perfect for honest talk.”

“About kids,”

Kyuhyun inhales deeply but Sera already place her hands in front of her chest, begging him to give her time to talk.

“If you really hate it that much, then I’ll suppress my ego and I’ll try my best to shrug off the thoughts of building that kind of family with you.” She bites her lips while busy picking her next words, “But please don’t create any distance between us. If it’s only going to be the two of us, please allow us to have the time of our life without being apart for too much. I mean, I know you love your job and everything but don’t you love me too?

“Of course.” He caresses her hair on her shoulder.

“So can you minimize the amount of your working time?” She lifts her eyebrows, asking for his confirmation.

“But if I don’t work hard enough, how am I going to take you to our next holiday?”

“Ya! Your salary is more than enough for a trip to Europe every month.”

“But I can’t buy you designer bags to decorate your pretty hands when you’re walking around. “He takes her hand and gives a soft peck on it.

Sera laughs to how innocent her husband is sometimes, “I want you to be my accessories instead, it looks nicer you know? Linking my arms into yours instead of a handbag. And come on, I don’t go out that much anyway, I don’t need designer bags, just buy me a new sewing machine.”

He’s amused by the way she carefully choose her words not to hurt his pride, Han Sera is still walking on the eggshell with him sometimes when it comes to her luxurious life she had a long time ago.

“Fine, if you need a sewing machine I’ll buy you one.”

“Really? Can we go tomorrow?” Her eyes glisten hopefully.

He takes a glance to his night stand to look at the calendar on top of it to pretend to look busy in front of her, “No, we can’t.”

She pouts , “After work then?”

“No chance.” He reaches out his hand to take something from the back of his triangular calendar and proudly shows it to her. “I’m taking you for a vacation to Italy tomorrow.” He waives the tickets he prepared in front of her.

The frown vanishes as soon as she gets what he’s trying to do. Cho Kyuhyun is never good with surprises and he always ruined his own effort himself but this time he finally gets to see how her eyes gets watery from the happiness she feels inside.

“You’re not coming to work tomorrow?”

“Nah! I’m taking a week leave and taking my beautiful wife around Italy for another honeymoon.” He grins playfully and taps himself on the shoulder. “I did a great job didn’t i?”

“You’re amazing.” Sera lowers herself and locks their lips as she rounds her arms on his shoulders. “Thank you, Kyu. Thanks for trying.”

He doesn’t reply but rolls their body to her side of the bed instead and cages her under his body after he carefully places their tickets back onto his nightstand. She clearly said what she needs from him when she asks him to always stay beside her instead of doing what her ex did to her, and he’s more than happy to deliver.

 

*

 

The vast greenish brown swath lines up beneath them as they about to land in the main land of Italy. Kyuhyun has planned a week holiday with his wife and decided to take her to Venice as their destination, he knows she’s prefer to go to the beach or do an adrenalin pumping experience, but it’s autumn and there’s no perfect beaches for them to be at in Europe so he takes her to the best honeymoon destination instead.

Smile decorates her face after both of them actually landed on Marco Polo airport with a personal already prepared to take them to cross the sea toward Venice Island. Sera has to admit that Kyuhyun did outsmart her this time. She’s aware about the amend he makes but she didn’t thought he’d actually takes some time off his work—while she knows there are some ongoing cases in his hands at the moment.

Venice airport is located in the main land of Italy in Mestre region and they have to take either a train ride or a boat ride if they want to get to the Venice Island. Kyuhyun prepared a personal pick-up service for them since he doesn’t want to make Sera uncomfortable carrying their luggage and finding their way into the hotel in the middle of the huge maze the Italian called a city.

“So, a plane ticket to Venice, a private pick-up, what’s the next surprise?” Sera takes a seat next to him on the leather seat in their private boat.

“Don’t get too comfortable, we’d be walking all the time in this city after this ride.” He takes his camera and begins capturing the mesmerizing view ahead of them.

“Really?” She sounds exited, “I’d love that, it sounds romantic in my head.”

“Han Sera, again, please don’t get too excited; I’m not the most romantic man on earth I don’t know if I could exceed your expectation.”

She quickly hugs him while laughing freely, it’s been a while since Kyuhyun saw her being that happy. “I don’t care, I have Venice ahead of me, I have you in my arms, all I need is a hotel room and everything will be perfect.”

“Aish, since when you became this erted woman, ng?” He hugs her back, “We didn’t come this far just to cuddle and make love Sera-ya. I prepared itinerary for us.”

“Tell me.”

“Gondola, we have to take a ride on that thing.” He says the first idea.

“With the man wearing stripes and straw hat serenading for us?”

“Definitely.” He nods, “Then we should take a walk along Cannare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter