Chapter 1

150th Day of Being Voiceless

I couldn't forget that very day.

It was a cold evening in the 4th of November at exactly 11:30.

I thought everyone in the house was fast asleep but I was wrong. I woke up when I heard some voices on my parent's bed room which is next to mine.

"That is hell to pay Richard! I already gave you enough time to pay for the drugs that you threw on the river when the police had a raid on your house! Do you have any idea how much does it all costs? A ing 3 million pesos Richard! 3 million pesos! " 
I heard a guy said. I peeked onto a little whole in our wall and I saw my mom, dad and all my brothers kneeling on the floor in front of 7 built men. They all had their guns with them and aiming it on my family.

"Boss if he can't pay the 3 million, maybe we can have his only daughter Ana? She's really beautiful and we can gain a lot more money by selling her to the foreigners." 
Their leader grinned when he heard those. He ordered one of his men to check the next room to find me but my dad hugged the leg of the leader.

"Please no! Give us some more time to gain so more money. Promise we will pay you by the end of the month just don't kill us! And please don't harm my daughter. She is so precious to me" My dad pleaded but the man punched him on his stomach causing my dad to fall on the floor. I know my dad is such a bastard and drug addict but he really loves me and took care of me. As my mom was about to help my dad, another man pulled her hair and slapped my mother's face.

I don't know what to do.
 

I-I don't know how to react.
 

Should I call the police?





 

No!

That's the last thing I could do right now. Calling the police means putting my family in jail since they are all drug dealers.

What am I going to do?

I saw our eldest brother Henry stood up and was about to punch the man who slapped my mother but it is too late. The man pulled the trigger and a loud bang echoed on the four walls of our house. I saw my brother stumble down with a gunshot on his chest. My mother forced herself not to scream.

Seconds later the other guy shoot my brother Stanley followed by my brother Louis until I saw all of my 9 brothers already dead and I can't help myself but to let out a loud scream.
 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


 

So loud that it might be able to hear by the whole community. Maybe because of that, those 3 guys went on panicking causing for them to shoot my both parents.

"You check the next room and make sure to kill anyone who's in there. We can't have any witness on this."
I heard the leader said to his fellow. I quickly got on my both feet and the only way that I know to escape on this is to jump out of the window and so I did. Our house is a two-storey so that means I landed 10 meters from above. But the man saw it and he quickly shoot a gun on me but good thing he didn't hit me and so I stood up and ran away not minding the ache from my back because of the landing.

And then I heard another gun shot and a scream from my mom. 
Just by then, tears fell from my eyes as I ran away from our house. 
 

I don't how long I've been running or where I am going to right now. I am in the middle of nowhere and I lost my way. But God is so good to me on those times because I saw a convenient store and I requested the owner to please have me a phone call.

At those times, I only have one person to seek for help.

And that is my cousin Beehati which is on Korea.

------

DK's PoV

"Once again this is... Say the name SEVENTEEN !!!"

the 13 of us said in unison and then a loud cheer from the crowd followed. Today we had our concert and to be honest I am still feeling so nervous. I mean who wouldn't with this large amount of audience? This is not the first time of us having a concert but the feeling of being nervous is so hard to resist. I saw my mom sitting on the front and holding a banner saying:

"Lee Seokmin is so handsome"

Hahahaha seriously mom? We just finished our final song and it's time for us to go home now. Wew this is such a tiring but a well-spent day. Our enormous and supportive fans are the ones who made this concert turned out well and we just gave them the show they wanted.

"Manager-hyung just drop me at the convenience store on 5th street. I have to buy some apples for Beehati and a milk for our son Minjung" 
Mingyu said while he wears his coat. Our visual looks so haggard right now. I bet being a father at a very young age is so hard. But still, two thumbs up for this guy for being so hardworking, a good father and good partner to  his-soon-to-be-wife.

"Kurae. But make sure that nobody will see you ok? We can't take if the issue on you being a teenage father will be out in public." 
Mingyu just smiled and nodded at our manager. Yes the company keeps it a secret on Mingyu being a dad because his career and the career of our group are on a high risk.

This doesn't mean that we will hide this forever, time will come that the truth will prevail and the world would be shocked because of that.

After we dropped Mingyu at the convenience store, we headed to our dorm.

"Yah Scoup's hyung don't you know that I saw a beautiful girl on our concert just a while ago? Geez she is so beautiful like ommo~ I think I'm falling in love! You should see her SCoups-hyung because she is so beautiful." 
Seungkwan blurted while we are playing cards in our dorm. 
"Seungkwan don't you know that I don't give a damn about that and I don't care if you saw a beautiful girl." 
SCoup's-hyung then rolled his eyes at Seungkwan.

"ppppssshhh I don't care if you saw a beautiful a girl." 
Seungkwan imitated SCoup's voice.

"If I know, you're just in love with Jun's cousin named Krizlaire Zeanne Wen." As soon as SCoups heard those, he blushed and threw a pillow on Seungkwan's face. Jun suddenly threw another pillow and it hit SCoups' face.

"Mwo? Jinjja? You are in love with my sachon?"
Jun asked him but Seungcheol shook his head.

"No. She's just my Chinese personal assistant. Nothing more and nothing less." 
He said in a cool way then walked out. Oooohhh I think someone is hiding something fishy. SCoups has a personal assistant named Krizlaire Zeanne Wen and it's obvious that she likes Seungcheol but he doesn't care of how she feels towards him at all. It's sad to know that you aren't as important to someone as you thought you were.

"One day, SCoups will realize that Krizlaire is the one who's always been there for him when no one else did." Joshua said

After playing cards, we decided to take a sleep since we are already tired. As I was about to close my eyes, my phone vibrated and I received a text message from Mingyu's soon-to-be-wife Beehati.

From: Beehati

Message:

DK-oppa, mianhe if I disturbed your sleep but you are the only one whom I can trust regarding on this matter because Joshua's not answering his phone and Mingyu is fast asleep and I don't want to wake him up. Can I ask you a favor?

I dialed Beehati's number and after 3 rings she finally answered.

"Yeoboseyo DK-oppa. I'm really sorry..."

"Ani! It's ok. What is that favor you were asking for?"

"Can you please fetch my cousin at the airport? Her plane just landed 15 minutes ago and I think she's waiting for me to fetch her but I can't because I have to watch over Mingyu and our son."

"Mool lon ee jyo. No problem. I'll be going to fetch her now. Jamkkan manyo."

"Kamsahamnida DK-oppa. I owe you a lot. Don't you worry; I'll bring you a lunch tomorrow." She said then bid her goodbye because Minjung is looking for his milk. I got up from my bed and changed my clothes. I also brought with me an extra coat just in case Beehati's cousin will not freeze because of the weather. I used Jeonghan's car by the way and don't tell him because he might kill me if he'll knew that I used it.

I am now here at the airport and to tell you honestly I am not familiar with Beehati's cousin. I want to call Beehati right now but dang! When misfortune strikes, I forgot my phone at our dorm. Geez so this means I don't have any choice but to ask each one in here who's Beehati's cousin. I went to the waiting area where some people are sitting and waiting for their flight to be called and some are waiting for someone to fetch them. I look around and someone really caught my attention.

A girl who is about my age, wearing white pullover, skinny jeans and black boots. She is sitting straight on the bench and on her lap is a small white board with a marker. I walk towards her and just realized that she is not moving and just staring straight into nowhere as if she's thinking deeply and her eyes shows great pain.

"Annyeonghaseyo"

I greeted her but still she's not moving nor even paid a second to look at me.

"Ehem..."

still no response. Ugghh okay what's wrong with this lady?

"Ohae haji neaun maseyo but don't have a tongue?"

And with that, she looked at me. Oh gracious thanks! But I don't know what to react when I saw her almost-crying eyes. Oh my Gosh! Did I offend her? I thought she was about to cry but no.

Instead, she wrote something on her little whiteboard:

I have and I can speak well in Korean

That's what she wrote.

"Ohhh really? Then why are not speaking?" 
But she didn't response and looked at the nowhere once again. I scratched the back of my neck.

Jinjja?

What am I going to do?

Lee Seokmin mwo?

"I'm actually looking for someone. You know my friend which is Beehati Sauniere called me and told me to fetch her cousin at the airport but I don't even know her cousin and I forgot to ask her about that. Ugghh I'm so stupid right?"
I chuckled and this time I saw her wrote again on her whiteboard.

Beehati Sauniere is my cousin and I'm from the Philippines

"jinjja? Ohhhh thank goodness! I'm Deokyeom from the boy group Seventeen.",

I bowed at her and she wrote again.

I know 

"You know me? Oh great. Now let's go for Beehati is waiting for you in their house."

Just by then as if a thunderbolt hit me... I remembered that I don't know where is Beehati's house. I mean she moved to another house just by yesterday and I don't know it's location plus I forgot my phone.

I thought for a while... where should I take her? I don't have any money with me and I can't make her stay in a hotel.

Wait, maybe I could bring her to our dorm? Yeah nice idea DK! I turned towards that girl and told her that she could stay at our dorm for the night and when she heard those, her eyes widened and she furiously shook her head in disapproval. I hold her hand to keep her calm but instead it made her to panic more.

Wait what's wrong

I was surprised by the next thing she did. She gets her bag from me and she ran away. Of course I ran after her.

"Hey wait! Stop!" 
I shouted as I chase her but she continued running. She is a fast runner and I think I've lost her. ! She might get lost. She's new her in Korea plus the fact that it is almost midnight and there are many goons out there.

I try to find her until I came into a dark street.

Uh-oh this is a dangerous place. This place is called 'death place' since a lot of murder incident happened in here before. This is a street of gangsters, drug addicts and all. I continued walking because I feel like she went into this area and I was right. 

 

I saw her standing and she is just staring at the three guys who are currently smoking on a nearby building. They are so high that they didn't even notice her or even me. I walked towards her and calmly put my hand on her shoulder. I realized that she is crying while looking at those three guys.

"Are you alright?"

she looked at me while crying and she opened to say something but not even a whisper came out from her. Just then a conclusion came into my mind...







 

She is Voiceless