NEXT DESTINATION, HONGKONG : Trouble Just Around The Corner

Welcoming Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a heavy silence after Sehun threw the bomb. Sehun was screwing his eyes shut, clearly understanding the risk of the words he just said, but lucky for Sehun, the bomb wasn’t fused. Or maybe it was Irene, Irene has always been a collected person, her feeling wasn’t so easy to provoke and it reminded Sehun how the girl before him did not even shed a tear when he told her he didn’t love her anymore back in middle school.

When Sehun had opened his eyes, Irene was just throwing him a confused look.

“Sehun is something wrong?” she had asked and Sehun felt even more guilty for asking such a vile question to a lady like Irene, someone he had broken the heart of in the past, did he even have a spare of shame? Sehun had asked himself inwardly.

 

Sehun let out a sigh, he bit his bottom lip as his finger traced the surface of his face and at the same time covering his face from the shame that he had left.

“I’m so sorry Irene. It’s just… Oh God, I’m such an awful person.” Sehun couldn’t think anymore, he just sobbed and at this point, some heads on the boat started to give unwanted attention to him, because Sehun did seem to be like a person having a mental breakdown right there and then in a tourism ride. An Indian family seated behind Sehun and Irene started looking and murmuring things to each other and it was Irene’s cue to stop Sehun from getting even more attention.

 

“Um… Sehun how about after this ride we go somewhere, sit down and talk about it?” Irene putting her arm around Sehun’s shoulder to keep the man from actually crying, and Sehun was really on the verge of that. Irene was the one who left confused, she knew Sehun could act like a spoiled brat at times but never cry. Sehun had never cried, ever. Seeing the said man almost curled in his poodle of tears got Irene surprised, but she couldn’t possibly question it know, could she? Sehun’s mood could crumble even more so she decided to save that until they got off the boat.

 

When they both finally off the boat Irene hauled Sehun to sit down on the benches and bought drinks. The guy didn’t even sob anymore, but the look and his face haven’t changed. “Well, do you want to talk about it?” Irene asked, sitting down beside Sehun and handing him the drink. Sehun took it and sighed, looking at Irene’s face then he fiddled his thumb on the bottle cap not opening it. “I’m sorry Irene. I was an back then.” Sehun started, there was a visible sorriness in his tone. “In the boat? Oh please don’t worry, that one Indian family just can’t stop nosing other people’s business. It’s okay, people cry on the boat all the time.” Irene drew comforting lines on Sehun’s back with her palm, Sehun let out a short laugh and adjusting his position so he could see Irene better. “I mean back then when we went out and I ended things with us. It was unfair.” Irene’s eyes sure went bigger hearing what Sehun just said, there was a short paused before she talked. “...So I guess you’re not going to apologize about the one in the boat.” Sehun smiled and replied, “well yeah that one too. I’m sorry.”

 

Irene’s eyes wandered, she looked a little confused with the situation. Sehun could read it, he grabbed the lady’s hand and called her name. Irene’s face went craz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter