SINGAPORE : New Love?

Welcoming Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun needed to convince his mother that he was okay and that this journey wouldn’t all about him grieving over his break up with Luhan, he even lied that Chanyeol would fly with him to Singapore.

He couldn’t complain though, a week after Luhan broke up with him, Sehun had constantly gone all the way to his house to sleep instead of in the dorm because it smelt all too Luhan-ish and it was the least smell he wanted to taste under his breath at the moment. His mother was worried sick of him behaving like a teenager all over again, even his mother couldn’t remember him being this sad in his school years.

Sehun’s mother was only worried of his son doing stupid unimaginable things when he was away from home just because he was desperate.

“Oh Sehun, promise me you will not do anything stupid? You know I love you. More than anything in this world.” His mother had pointed out before he left to the airport at dawn, and Sehun smiled, giving his mother a peck on the cheek and said “don’t worry, I won’t do anything stupid. I could really use this vacation to, you know, calm myself down after all the tension from my classes.”

No, it wasn’t that. His classes were okay.

But Sehun’s mother understand him and just shrugged his excuse off, “just be careful. Call me when you’ve arrived.”  He gave his son’s head a pat and Sehun took off by a cab.

***

‘Oh Sehun you stupid jerk, you still went away and told your mom I was coming with you?’ Chanyeol asked by the phone,

“mh-hm, don’t worry she’s not going to call you. Just have fun with Baek Hyung, alright?” he smiled mischievously,

There was shaking sound from other line, Sehun guessed the phone had been taken away from Chanyeol and when Baekhyun voice popped he confirmed his assumption.

‘Oh Sehun, have fun there! You’re staying in Singapore?’

“nope, I’ll be leaving to Hongkong tomorrow morning. First flight.”

‘Daebak! Sehun have fun! Stop thinking useless stuff, don’t do anything stupid!’

“Gosh, why does everyone keep saying that to me? I’m not going to do anything stupid.” Sehun sighed combing his hair backwards,

‘Sehun just remember that this is the time of your life, you are free. You could never imagine how great it is to be single!’

Sehun could hear Chanyeol complaining about Baekhyun’s statement and how he thought Baekhyun said he wasn’t happy enough being with Chanyeol.

‘Gosh Sehun, your friend is such a baby. We gotta go, to do...’ Baekhyun stopped and continued nervously, ‘stuff. Take care Sehun!’

Sehun chuckled, knowing exactly what kind of stuff Baekhyun was nervous about telling. “alright, alright my lovely hyungs. Have a great night.” and he pressed the red button on his cellphone display.

 

Sehun threw his body back to bed, he stared at the ceiling.

What should I do? I have called my mother, Chanyeol, who else?

When Luhan popped up in his head he quickly stood up and ruffled his hair in frustration and ran to face the mirror then he started talking to himself.

“Oh Sehun, if you keep behaving like this silly little prick who still loved his ex-boyfriend who had stepped on to his feeling and shattered it into pieces, you will not have good vacation. You’ll be sorry Oh Sehun, you’ve been warned!” he pointed his index to the mirror which was meant for himself, and after 3 seconds of unsteady breath and standing still in front of the mirror. He withdrew the finger and stood still for another second before snatching his denim jacket and slipped in to his sneakers and went out of the room.

Sehun was staying at V Hotel Lavender, it was in Kallang area. He took the MRT to got there from the airport.

 

Sehun was about to walk his way to the nearest MRT station (which practically right next door from the hotel) but he felt hungry, he didn’t have breakfast and he sure hasn’t eaten lunch yet. He turned his heels to the opposite way. The other side of the hotel were pretty crowded at lunch time, because there were some little restaurant which serve foods like curry, grilled whole-fish, black chicken stew, the eastern type of food.

He decided to eat at a little restaurant which serve either rice with the side dish of our own choice or curry noddle. He ordered noddle and coke with ice, he paid and took his food and he sat down in the very corner of the restaurant.

The food was good, no wonder there were so many people who ate there for lunch.

 

After leaving with his stomach full, Sehun traced back to the Lavender MRT station.

Sehun had bought Singapore MRT card at Changi airport earlier so he only needed to tap and went inside the station and ride the green line train to Outram Park and continued to the purple line heading to Harbour Front.

Sehun could already tell that he liked the atmosphere of this small yet developed country. It feels nice to commute with train, maybe he should do that back home later.

At noon the MRT wasn’t really crowded maybe because most of the people were at work or school, so Sehun could manage to get a seat between an old lady and a muscular man carrying duffel bag and who he’d learn to disembark at Raffles Place station.

Beside observing the people around him, Sehun had assumed maybe he could fit to live in tropical island like Singapore, not to mention the country was presentable ; clean and orderly.

He hadn’t paid attention to the woman voice on speaker which told you about the next destination (sehun didn’t know what people called it) so he almost missed the supposed station to alight but he had seen most of the people on the train disembark so he realized that he was supposed to get out from the train too.

 

Sehun learned to change his assumption when he arrived at Sentosa Island, precisely in front of Universal Studio Singapore. It was the end of April and it was burning hot and no, Sehun didn’t think of living in a tropical island no more.

He wished he had brought his cap with him, he kept shading his face with his hand above his eyebrows.

There was a beverage booth and Sehun headed there and was about to order but a girl cut in the line (well actually it was only Sehun and no line) and ordered in a hasty manner. Sehun furrowed his eyebrows in detest, it was burning hot and he didn’t like to be cut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter