Christmas Time

Started With a Hello, Ended With a Goodbye

Driving down to where he lived, the two of you shared a dinner of delicious dish of Pho, Vietnamese noodles, together. Spending the rest of the day in the city, the two of you cuddled while overlooking the city, falling asleep in his arms due to your hectic studying and intense schooling, you began to dream not feeling any safer than in that moment. The darkness turned into a vivid nightmare continuing to hold you close, you slowly woke from the dream, having to pull yourself out of it.The thoughts of your dreams swamping your mind, as your heart beat quickly, your breathing rapid as you tried to bring yourself back to reality. Happy that you were able to wake up in such loving company.

Finals and school began to get in the way of the two of you meeting, winter storms rolled in causing the snow to limit the trips that you two made for each other.

Christmas time rolled around, buying and making each other gifts, you managed to find time to head down to meet him. Waiting outside of his house, you watched him walk up to your truck and slide in. Talking and then exchanging gifts, you smiled as you saw his face light up with the teddy bear and the blanket that you gave him, along with homemade cookies and two cards that you made and drew by hand.

Grabbing your present, he handed it to you as you opened the small box. Widening your eyes and your mouth dropping open once you saw a beautiful necklace that rested against the satin pillow and lining of the jewelry box.

“Do you like it?” He questioned, leaning closer to you as your eyes lifted from the beautiful diamond necklace to his eyes that sparkled just as bright.

“I love it” You whispered, your eyes misting up with tears as you kissed his cheek lovingly before pulling him in for a tight hug.

Stopping off in the city, the two of you happily wondered around the large mall, spending most of your time in the bookstore, reading different books and seeing what stories you could discover. Grabbing some Chinese together, you ate happily before heading back out to your truck. Driving through the city, you saw the beautiful lights in the city all decorated for Christmas time, sending off a charitable and joyous feeling in your hearts.

During one of the beginning weeks of school of your new semester, you had managed to get in the middle of girls taking your hat and making fun of you. Like always, later that night you talked with him, he asked about your day and you asked about his. You told him that it had been a bad day and he asked you to expound on what had happened. Telling him about the girls in one of your classes and how they picked on you, going a little further than they should have that day. You watched as your phone blew up with texts, texts of anger towards you, that you didn’t stand up for yourself, that you didn’t care. Feeling worse than you had before you told him, you tried to stand your ground, but given your past, you couldn’t fight with him, letting the messages roll in. Each message hit you like a bullet to the heart, going much further than you thought it would. Feeling worse than when the girls beat you up, you let the warm tears roll down your cheeks as you couldn’t do anything but the just watch the man you gave your heart to take shots at you.

Everything unraveled faster than you ever thought it would, that night he said goodnight. You wished him a goodnight not knowing that it would be the last time the two of you would talk for the next six months.

After that the two of you fizzled out, you tried to talk and would send him messages yet he wouldn’t reply. Trying your hardest to reach out to him, you felt your heart breaking not knowing what you had done or what was going on. You wanted to know if he was okay, what he was doing and what he was going through.