Date One

Started With a Hello, Ended With a Goodbye

The next day, the two of you called each other, since you hadn’t heard his voice before that call. Talking for an hour or two between your classes, you two clicked instantly, with increasing excitement for the date later that night, you couldn’t wait to finally get to see the man you had been talking with for the past four months. That night came as he had driven down to his house, an hour and a half away from you, with his truck not being able to start after working on it for countless hours, he texted you saying that he had to cancel. Spending the rest of the night talking with him, he promised that he would make it up to you. To which he did a few weeks later, with the bowling date he promised.

Your first date was simple yet fun, you still remembered him walking up your driveway, your heart beating uncontrollably fast as you saw him for the first time in person. Knocking on the door, he texted that he was here as you opened the door for him. The two of you smiled at each other and exchanged pleasantries before leaving for the bowling date.

The night was cool, the sun slowly dropping behind the horizon as you walked down the driveway. He cleared his throat catching your attention.

“You look very beautiful” He complimented, earning an instantly bright smile from you.

“Thank you, you are very handsome yourself” You replied happily as the two of you headed towards his truck, opening every door for you without fail, you headed towards the bowling lanes.

Opening yet several more doors, he happily paid for your lane and the rental for shoes. Not having bowled before, he gave you a little run down on what to do and how to do it. Giving you pointer throughout the game, you watched him closely learning quickly how to master the game. Playing two out of the three games, the two of you tied the first game and then he won the second. Letting the best of both of you come out in the third game, you bowled first as you earned a strike. Somehow every time you rolled the computer marked it as a strike and so you bowled a perfect game as he bowled a less than perfect game just by chance.

Once you returned your shoes, the two of you headed for ice cream, getting cookies and cream while he got vanilla, the two of you got a scoop of each others. Talking about everything from crazy past stories to what books and movies you have watched.

Finishing off your ice cream not long after, he drove you to a beautiful small lake that was just outside the university, before hitting the canyon to go up into the mountains. Parking his truck, the two of you got out and walked the perimeter, following the trail as your hand brushed against his a few times, moving away from him slightly. You were thankful that moon was shining, the darkness of the light concealing your blush heating up your cheeks.

Feeling a finger wrap around yours, you spread out your fingers, a smile pulling your lips as he slipped his hand into yours. Hearing a content sigh slip from his lips, your hands laced together as the two of you finished walking around the banks. Heading out on a dock, the two of you approached a couple that were packing up to leave.

“Would you two like this to feed to the ducks?” The elderly man questioned as you happily nodded and took the bread from his hands, heading off the docks with his sweetheart, the elderly couple walked back to their car as you split the remaining slices of bed between you and him.

Breaking off small pieces, the two of you fed the ducks until there was no remaining bread left. Turning around and leaning against the railing, the two of you played around and joked with each other. The cool night breeze brushing across your warm skin as your eyes lifted to the full moon that was out that night. The stars twinkled like no other, so bright and brilliant with other brightness variations scattering across the black canvas.

He moved against you, his body lightly shaking with either nerves or from the cold. His arm wrapped around you as you moved into his shoulder.

“Is this okay?” He whispered not wanting to move too fast or take it too far

“Totally okay” You whispered, your arm wrapping around him as you felt his shivers slowly fade as silence filled the night air around the two of you.

“What are you thinking right now?” He questioned curiously, his head looking down at you while his hand rubbed up and down your side.

“About how perfect this moment is” You replied, your eyes lifting to meet his. “What are you thinking?”

“How beautiful you are and how much I want to kiss you” His words were soft yet truthful, his beautiful eyes twinkling under the low light. “May I kiss you?”

“I-I haven’t kissed anyone before” Your eyes lowered, feeling embarrassed as he turned to you with a soft chuckle spilling from his lips.

“That’s okay” He whispered, one of his hands staying around you while the other hand gently tipped your chin upwards as his eyes lingered on your lips. “Can I kiss you?” He questioned once more, awaiting your answer.

Nodding your head shyly, you watched him as he moved closer to you, your hands resting on his sides as your eyes closed letting him align his lips to yours. Once his lips pressed against yours, you felt fireworks spark like no other. Taking the kiss slow, he rubbed your side letting you know how well you were doing. Upping the ante a little, he moved his lips to yours to see how you would take it, adapting to the dance, you moved your lips with his as the two of you let your emotions for each other flow from each other.

A little while later, he brought you home and bid you a goodnight. Not even five minutes after he lead you to your door did he text you, saying that he had a wonderful night and he would look forward to the next meeting the two of you had.

Your eyes got slightly watered as you remember the simple, innocent beginning, all wrapped up in each other, fascinated with getting to know each other, building a friendship that would last. Scrolling down a little more, the song had changed to another one of his favorites, seeing several songs that you sent to him and him to you, you listened to ever single one of those and put them on a playlist so you could listen to them anytime you wanted to.