saccharine

forget me not

Most people ended up choosing the operation to remove the flower within them. But some didn't. Some were sure they could make the other return their feelings. And the rare few didn't take the operation because they just didn't want to lose their feelings. They didn't want to live in a world where they weren't in love with whoever it was. Jimin was one of the rare few.

Back in his room, Jimin rolled around groaning with frustration on his bed, mussing his covers. Namjoon, who had been stuffing himself full with cereal and reading some English novel, raised an eyebrow at the sight.

"What did you do this time?" He asked, chuckling. "Bothered by Jungkook's rating?" At the sound of his name, Jimin felt something threaten to rise up his throat once again. He clutched at the covers. No, I can't go back to the bathroom. Yoongi will find out. He swallowed a dozen times until the feeling sank back down. And then he remembered Namjoon was still there, watching him curiously.

"Are you alright? You've been acting weird-weirder than normal at least-all day." He said. "You know, if you're ever in any trouble, you can always come and talk to me. I'll always be here for you. Because life is always like that. Life is all about the mistakes we make, and-"

"I'm fine, Namjoon!" Jimin cut him off, unwilling to listen to the "life is-" speech, but not before settling into another wild fit of coughing. As much as he tried to keep his mouth shut, flowers seeped through the corners of his mouth and spilled to the mattress. Seventeen petals. It's only been two days but there are already seventeen petals. Namjoon gasped, his face completely blank and still.

"Jimin...wh-how? Why?" He held Jimin's face with his hands, searching desperately for an answer in Jimin's eyes. He had none. "At least tell me who." Jimin looked away.

"I-I don't know." He lied. He couldn't even bring himself to mention a name; the pain hurt too much when he acknowledged it.

"JIMIN!" Namjoon roared, shaking his roommate hard by the shoulders until he ran out of energy and they collapsed against each other, too out of it to cry. The pair stayed like that for a long while in silence. Suddenly, Jimin sat up.

"You can't tell anyone." He said in a whisper. Clearing his throat, he repeated it again, louder. "You can't tell anyone."

"Are you crazy? Jimin, you can die because of this!" Namjoon protested.

"Please I'll figure it out soon, give me until the end of this week. And then I'll do the operation." Jimin begged. Namjoon stared at him for a long while and reluctantly nodded.

"Until the end of this week."