opia

forget me not

"Jimin!" The others laughed loudly as they slapped him on the back. "7th in looks once again!" Jimin offered a weak smile as he watched Jungkook giggle, flashing a playful and merciless grin. He knew Jungkook only meant it as a joke, but still, somewhere deep in his heart, it hurt. Of all people, it had to be Jungkook. Pearls of what seemed to be laughter at first burst through his throat and was revealed to be violent coughs instead.

"Bathroom." He managed to choke out, but the others weren't paying attention to him anyway. Locking the door, Jimin sank to the floor and held his shaking body until something escaped through his lips. Blinking hard to hold back the tears, he picked up the soft velvety material and held it up to his squinting eyes. Sitting squarely dead center of his palm were five curled flower petals. Forget me nots.

According to Naver, The Hanahaki Disease is a flourishing illness, from one-sided love, where the victim throws up or coughs, of flower petals, when they're suffering from one-sided love.

The illness can be removed, and healed through operation, but the feelings fade away, along with the petals. It is also able to be cured without problem, but only when the feelings get returned to the victim.

Jimin knew who the petals were for. Who else? There could only be two candidates, but it was far too obvious. Yoongi was a distraction, just a distraction, and would always be one. But Jungkook...

"How long are you going to take in there? Hurry up." Yoongi complained, voice deep and sleepy. Startled, Jimin knocked over the small scented vase. The glass shattered as it hit the floor, breaking the silence. "Are you okay in there?" Yoongi's voice was suddenly alert, full of worry. Jimin collapsed against the door before it could be opened.

"Don't! I'm fine, everything's fine." He said in a rush, closing his eyes and wishing again and again that this had never began. If only he hadn't fallen so hard for him. If only everything was back to normal. But it wasn't.

"Jimin." A low growl came from the other side. "Are you really okay?" Jimin grunted, snatching up the glass pieces and emptying them out in the waste basket nearby. He opened the door and stood face to face with Yoongi. For a guy that could seem threatening, Yoongi wasn't really all that big, and barely stood maybe a centimeter over Jimin. Jimin smiled his radiant smile.

"See, what did I tell you. Everything's fine, I got it all covered." He said faking his cheer. He dodged past Yoongi and headed down the hall as fast as possible, but Yoongi snatched his wrist. There was a pause as Jimin gulped in anticipation. "What is it?"

Yoongi stared hard in his eyes for a long moment. Opia. It was a term for the ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously invasive and vulnerable. "You're okay." It wasn't really a question, more like a demand. He needed Jimin to be okay. Jimin nodded, and Yoongi let him go.