nothing like us

forget me not

"It's spiraling down
Biting words like a wolf howling
Hate is spitting out each others mouths
But we're still sleeping like we're lovers"

~Daughter, 'Still'

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Cold and pale arms wrapped around his neck as Jimin let out a shuddering breath.

"Yoongi."

"You're not going to take the operation, are you?"

"How long have you known?" The long silence answered his question. Since the beginning.

"Jungkook won't ever love you back."

"I know." Jimin waited for the Then why? that always followed. But Yoongi didn't say it. He understood. Because of Jimin, he knew how painful it was.

"I'll always love you."

"Yoongi, I can't-"

"I know." Of course he knew.

There were two more days until the operation. Both Yoongi and Jimin knew he would only last a day longer. So they spent the night together, Yoongi pecking Jimin for the last few times, arms wrapped around each other as they fell asleep to the steady beat of their own breathing.

In the morning, Namjoon awoke to Jin's screaming. He found the pair, still tangled up in each other, surrounded by flower petals. But there wasn't only the blue petals Namjoon expected. Radiant sunflower petals lay sweet and wet just at the base of Yoongi's throat, the scent mingling with the forget me nots. Jimin was his sun, and now that his sun was gone, he was gone as well.