You Are Beautiful

To the World, NCT

Jeno Pov

A piece of crumb lounging at the corner of his soft lip, I took the liberty of wiping it off his lips, trying to be a bit casual, since it was a normal thing that I did often. Jaemin had always come of a bit clueless when it came to stuff like this, but somehow felt like he did it on purpose? 

I turned back to our cookie baking, rolling some dough on the palms of my hands, I felt a bit nervous at the pit of my stomach, quite bothersome, but why? Why was I feeling this way, I was just baking …baking with Jaemin that is. Or maybe because we had been alone at the dorm for the first since we all moved in here? 

I could feel my heart pounding, I grew more nervous, afraid that Jaemin would here it.

Aaah!…I need to concentrate..! 


Without realizing it I was practically pounding the dough on my palms, I didn’t snap out of it til I heard…and felt his hand on mine, stopping me.

“Yah! What are you doing? You’re doing it too hard, you’ll ruin the dough, Jeno-ah..!“ 
 

“Oh..” I looked at the dough as if I was lost in thought, before feeling the heat rise on my cheeks, I gave a small laughter to pass the nerve. “S-sorry, Jaemin….” quickly looking away, he took his hand back, and we both rolled the dough in sync.

Still..
I wasn’t able to concentrate much on my rolling. There was.. a few things I wanted to say to him; but I wasn’t sure what to say. We are alone for goodness sake, yet I..I can’t say anything. Only in my head I was grunting and groaning, though I guess I couldn’t hide my facial expressions.

Jaemin took notice and turned his whole self towards. “Jeje…? Are you ok?" 
Of course he would notice. Damn, I guess I can’t hide myself as well as I though.
"No! I’m fine, Jaemin. Let’s just finish these cookies.” I gave a reassuring smile, or at least I hope that I did.


I bit on my lower lips as I focused all my attention to the dough, and placing each round onto the tray, as careful so that it doesn’t rip or break apart.

Jaemin sighed, I immediately looked over to him, he look tired; But…
He was so beautiful. Even when he was tired, he looked like an angel to me. Maybe I’m over-exaggerating, but it was true. Whether he wears make-up or not, if he’s all dressed up or not, when he’s full of energy, when he’s tired, when he’s just…not caring about anything about his appearance, he’s the most beautiful. When he smiles at me, or at anything really, it’s so angelic and pretty.

Well I suppose people could understand when they meet that one person that they really love, and care for. I just wanted Jaemin all to myself, and today, right now, all there was, was him and me in our dorm all alone for the first time, and I’m only here not doing anything about it. I guess maybe I’m afraid? That he could reject me?

ugh…i’ll never know until i try….you can do it jeno! just do it..tell him..! you may not get another chance.

He let out a deep breath as he turned around, he watched Jaemin put one set of cookies into the oven and set the timer. Obviously the observant Jaemin took notice of me staring at him, He took his oven mittens off and stared back at me. It took me just a minute to process the situation, until I came to realization, Jaemin was actually just staring back at me, that strong luring gaze, right at me; I could feel my cheeks heating up more then they were earlier.

Oh my god…why…? I want to look away….but why..can’t i? i’m so embarrassed, he caught me staring..! what do i do?!?!

As I was too busy fighting myself in my thoughts, I didn’t realize that Jaemin has come so close to me, his face so close to me, our noses just barely brushing. My eyes widen as I tried to step back but I was trapped by the counter behind me; I avoided every chance of eye contact. 

Why isn’t he saying anything? Please…back..aw-away…

There was a slight dust of pink crossing my face; feeling the hot breathing from Jaemin. I swallowed hard and kept looking away.

“Why do you keep looking away for?” the tone his voice was so…monochrome. I never heard him sound like this before. What was going through his head.

Obviously, I still couldn’t respond, I didn’t know what to say to him, or rather the situation that just happened.

“You were able to look at me easily just a minute ago.”

Oh my god…what is he saying.

I could even feel my insides start panicking. I choked on what to say, my lips were slightly opened, but no words were coming out. “Jae..Jaemin..I-" 

"Yes, you..?” Jaemin leaned in more towards me, I could feel my cheeks getting redder and hotter. Was he serious? I’m sure he was just teasing?  “Were you having some kind of thoughts since we’re alone?”

WHAT DID HE SAY? OH MY GOD. I’M—-

“I wasn’t! I was just..staring at you because….” my words trailed off as I tried to quickly gather my thoughts.

“Mhm..because..?” he repeated. I felt like I couldn’t even think anymore when he kept repeating after me. 

“..you’re..beau- .. you’re beautiful…Jaemin..” I looked down, as I started to fidget with my fingers, so I couldn’t really see any of his expressions. “That’s…what I always been thinking…not just..tonight..” I said softly.

I still couldn’t look at him, not with my cheeks super heated, and read; he scoffed a laugh and my nervous slightly went away and I looked up at him. “Jaemin?" 

My eyes widen a bit when I saw a light pink dusting on his cheeks.
Did…did he like what I said just..now?

"I didn’t realize you were such in deep thought about that…Jeje..?” He closed his eyes and rested his forehead on my shoulder. “I..like you…Jeje…” he whispered.

My eyes widen even more than they could hearing his words.

WHAT?? Did he just…confess???! To me? DID HE JUST CONFESS TO ME?

“Jae-Jaemin…?”

“Ever since I first came to the company…there was…something I liked about you, Jeje.” his voice was a lot softer than before, his arms wrapped around my frame; I was still in a bit of shock so I stayed still, letting him hold me.

“You do…like me too, don’t you..?” he pulled back to look at me. This time I didn’t avoid him, I could feel he was being sincere, my heart felt like it was racing beyond normal. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes trying to calm myself, before giving a soft nod.

“I..do…Jaemin. Since I first met you..too..” I whispered softly.

“I’m glad.” he smiles softly. His arms tighten around me and he leaned forward; my arms slowly wrapping around his waist; I closed my eyes, as I figured for a kiss.

Jaemin leaned in closer, 
Our lips gently brushed against each other,

DINGDING!
Oh great timing oven.

Jaemin laughed softly as he pulled away.
“Perhaps…not yet for our first kiss.” He gently my blushing cheeks before he went to turn off the oven and took the cookies out.

Maybe he was right, but I was also quite disappointment that we were disturbed, but I suppose the time has to be perfect, I don’t think baking cookies together was the best time. Although, it seemed like it at the moment. I hope we go somewhere from here…together.

 

image was found on tumbrl. by:  svtnct-kr