Chapter 3: The sickening confusion

Mischievously In Love

Chapter 3: The sickening confusion

 

 

Chanyeol’s Point of View

 

They separated us, EXO to EXO-K and EXO-M.

 

It is something planned by Sooman beforehand, for us to gain more popularity in China.

 

EXO-K will promote in Korea and that group consists of me, Junmyeon hyung, Kyungsoo, Jongin and because of my prayers, Baekhyun is one of us too. On the other hand, EXO-M is the group that will concentrate on promoting in China and it is the sub-unit that consists of Yifan hyung, Minseok hyung, Jongdae, Tao, Yixing hyung, and out of Sehun’s agony, Luhan hyung is one of them too.

 

We were against of it, at first because we really want to promote as twelve and not as sub-units, but after the management promised us that after our debut promotions, we will promote as twelve already. I just wished it is true, though.

 

Right now, I am inside of my room here in the dorm of EXO-K. Well, I woke up early a while ago and just came out from the bathroom to see my beloved roommate glaring at me murderously.

 

Well of course, roommates are common in here because we need to conserve rooms, and by conserving rooms it means that we also have a less hassle to clean the rooms.

 

“Yah, Chanyeol, did you hide again my eyeliner? Give it back to me, fast.” He pouted with his hands on his hips. He is my glaring and pissed off roommate and let’s hide him with the name Byun Baekhyun.

 

And yet, it looks like he will make a war with me, again.

 

“I don’t have it with me, Baek! I am innocent like a new born baby!” I grinned while I fidgeted my fingers on my back.

 

Yup, I have his eyeliner and I have this habit of hiding it from him every single day. Well, I find it really cute whenever he is pissed off.

 

“Park Chanyeol, I don’t have any intentions to quarrel with you today. My head hurts and I feel like , so please…” I am worried when he said that, that’s why I immediately ran to his aid but Baekhyun shoved a hand right onto my face, stopping me halfway.

 

“Don’t you dare come closer to me, not until you give me back my eyeliner and don’t talk to me also.”

 

After Baekhyun said that, he laid on his bed and covered his whole body up to his nose. With the use of a thick blanket.

 

I really want to approach him right now but I am afraid that he will only be madder at me so I’ve got no choice but to give his eyeliner back already.

 

I went back to my bed and I looked at his eyeliner under my pillow—

 

WHAT THE ?! IT”S MISSING! WHERE DID IT GO?!

 

I messed my whole bed, throwing the sheets and pillow on the ground in an attempt to look for the missing eyeliner, but seems like Lady Luck is not with me today and I found no eyeliner on my bed even though it was supposed to be there!

 

With panic consuming my insides, I stumbled down to the living room to ask the other members about the missing eyeliner. I might just misplaced it or the other members might saw it, right?

 

But I only saw in there are Kyungsoo and Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo is cooking something at the kitchen while Jongin is playing Wii, both of them are not aware of my presence and so I asked right away, “Where is Junmyeon hyung and Sehun?”

 

“They bought some medicine for Baekhyun. Baekhyun came here a while ago when you were still showering, asking for medicines and so Sehun and Junmyeon hyung went out to buy some.” Jongin answered, putting the Wii on the sofa, as he started the conversation with me.

 

Okay. Guiltiness is killing me because I am Baekhyun’s roommate but the other members knew his condition before I even acquired knowledge of it. How reliable roommate am I, huh? Then I can’t even take care of him right now because he is mad at me.

 

“Baekhyun’s soup is ready. Can you bring this to him, Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo said with a wink, settling the soup by the counter and approached me on the process.

I smiled at him.

 

“Guys, didn’t you see Baekhyun’s eyeliner? It’s gone missing.” I pouted, then Jongin raised a brow, “Hyung, you are the only persistent one here who keeps on hiding his eyeliners, okay? It is not with us.”

 

I scratched my nape out of embarrassment. “Yeah, I know that but it is missing right now.”

 

“Oh, you are so dead, Park Chanyeol. Knowing Baekhyun, he will really get mad at you.” Kyungsoo shook his head teasingly with a grin on his lips.

 

Look at these kids. They even bothered teasing me at a time like this, eh?

 

“You better bring this soup first to Baekhyun. He didn’t eat anything yet.” Kyungsoo said, handing me a tray of soup and juice.

 

Looking on the tray of food on my hands, I shook my head out of disbelief.

 

He still did not eat anything, huh?

 

Gee, you are really making the hell out of me worried, huh Baekhyun?

 

 

Kyungsoo’s Point of View

 

We just watched Chanyeol who entered quietly in his and Baekhyun’s shared room.

 

“Hyung, bring it out already.” I was shocked when Jongin appeared in front of me, as if he has teleportation powers. Weird, that’s his powers in MAMA MV and I am beginning to think that he may actually have powers.

 

I smiled at him and flopped down to the couch. “What are you talking about, Jongin?” I innocently asked him.

 

He then sat beside me, and hold my hand.

 

“You cannot hide anything from me, Kyungsoo hyung. Not even Baekhyun hyung’s eyeliner.” He said that while not looking on me but at our intertwined fingers.

 

I messed up his hair by my free hand which caused him to pout, “Yah hyung, stop that!” but I did not bother to stop that’s why he pulled and enveloped me into a tight hug.

 

“Hyung. Kyungsoo hyung, I love you.”

 

It seems like I will go deaf with the loudness of my heart’s thumping.

 

I really like Jongin for a long time already. Ever since I entered the company, Jongin was first scared of me because he said I have this scary stares that’s why he always asked not to sit beside me whenever we had dinners together. But then, he tasted my kimchi spaghetti—which became his favourite—and we became closer. Closer than we expected to be, and that’s it. Feelings grew, and here I am, liking him already.

 

But I don’t want to assume things that he will like me back.

 

And yet here he is, saying inappropriate things which can make my heart flutter so much. I could not help but to have hopes and to be happy. I really do like him, after all.

 

“I really do love you, hyung. You are already like my older brother here.” He muttered.

 

Sometimes, they are things that are hard to accept, there are things that needed to be thrown away already, and there are things that should not give any chance.

 

Because you might get hurt just because of those things.

 

I don’t want to be a fool, an idiot just because of love. But look, I am one right now.

 

Where’s fairness in life?

 

I wiggled out of Jongin’s hug and I gave to him the eyeliner which I was hiding on my pocket.

 

“I just want to teach Chanyeol a lesson or two. Give it back to him later on.” I said that to him, and I did not bother to wait for his reply because I immediately run into my—our—room and locked it without hesitant.

 

My knees buckled and I sat on the floor, feeling how energy left out from me. I didn’t even noticed that tears already made out from my eyes.

 

Do Kyungsoo, whatever you do, you will never have him.

 

I will throw this feelings away.

 

Sorry…

 

Baby don’t cry—no, I will cry. No one can stop me…

 

Because it’s my turn to cry.

 

 

Chanyeol’s Point of View

 

“Baekhyun, listen to me please. You really need to eat already!”

 

From the moment I entered the room, Baekhyun and I already started quarrelling. He threw his pillow right away on me and luckily I dodged it, or else the soup would be lying on the floor already. And Baekhyun is being his diva self, insisting that he doesn’t want to eat.

 

Ugh, so thick headed!

 

“C-Chanyeol, just shut up… and… l-leave.” I can say from his raspy and shaking voice that he is having a hard time to talk already.

 

“No, Byun Baekhyun. Stop being a thick headed brat. You need to eat.” I said with full of authority, but minutes passed and Baekhyun is not answering already.

 

Slowly and tiptoeing, I approached his bed and saw his red and heated face, while he has abnormal breathing.

 

I worriedly touched his forehead and I bit my lower lip when I felt how hot his face is, which correspond my initial reaction to put a blanket on him and was about to leave the room when—

 

“C-Chanyeol, don’t leave me, p-please?” I smiled when he said that.

 

A while ago he was pushing me away, and now he wants me to stay, huh? You are really unbelievable, Byun Baekhyun.

 

I looked at Baekhyun and I saw how his eyes are slightly opened, lids fluttering a bit.

 

“Just rest, Baekhyun. I will take care of you.” He smiled after I said that. That’s why I could not help it but to pat his head already.

 

I went to where the heater is and turned it on, then I get a damp tower and a basin of water.

 

I am determined to take care of Baekhyun.

 

Aish, the things that I will do only for Byun Baekhyun, really.

---

“Chanyeol, wake up. You need to eat lunch.” I woke up when I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder alongside of Junmyeon hyung’s voice.

 

I did not realized that I fell asleep with my head resting on Baekhyun’s head, while my body was sprawled on the floor. Ugh, my neck kind of hurts too.

 

Wait, speaking of Baekhyun…

 

I stood up to look and check on Baekhyun’s condition.

 

He is still sleeping but thanks God, his breathing is back to normal already and his face is not that reddish already.

 

“He already ate and he managed to drink some medicines, already. His fever already went down, okay?” Junmyeon said with a smile, maybe getting an obvious hint from my face that I am still worried, and he succeeded because at least I felt well already to know that he is getting better already.

 

Junmyeon hyung is already out of our room’s door when he peeked and smirk at me, “Oh yeah, Chanyeol? He said that you need to read that, tough.” And he pointed on my forehead.

 

What’s with my forehead?

 

Sticky note.

---

Hey, thanks for taking care of me, giant. ;)

 

-Baekhyun

---

I smiled after reading the sticky note.

 

It may not look like it is, but I am really squealing right now inside of me.

 

I kneeled down to see his face fully. “Giant again, eh? Rest well and I like you so much, my smurf.” Then I lightly kissed him on the cheek.

 

It is going well when a coughed echoed in the room, revealing mister poker face who is leaning against the door, “Uhm, I’m sorry to disturb your loving moments but can you please go down already? We are hungry already, hyung.” And he jutted his lower lip to do an aegyo with me.

 

Ugh, he really is a blocker.

---

I wonder why Kyungsoo and Jongin are not talking to each other. You see, Jongin was actually doing everything just for Kyungsoo to notice him, but the latter is doing a good job on ignoring the former.

 

There’s something wrong and before curiosity gets the better of me, I decided to talk with Jongin already when I saw him standing by the veranda.

 

“Jongin, what happened between you and Kyungsoo?” I immediately asked, not even bothering if I was being a prank already.

 

Jongin weakly smiled and answered, “I’m a big jerk and a liar, hyung. Now, I might lose the most important person to me.” I cannot understand but I know that Jongin’s carrying something big.

 

I am not insensitive for me not to know that. I patted his back.

 

“It hurts, right? Truth really hurts but lies are the worst. So if you don’t want to feel worst, then be brave and face the truth.”

 

Where did I get that? I read that on Jongdae’s group message a while ago.

 

“That’s Jongdae hyung’s group message!” Jongin pouted, punching my shoulder lightly. “But really thanks, hyung. That made me realized something.” And he smiled at me.

 

Whatever is your problem, we will always be on your back to support you, Jongin.

 

 

Kyungsoo’s Point of View

 

I am here right now in Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s shared room. I brought him lunch and I am checking too how he is already.

 

It is not that obvious but Baekhyun is one of my closest friends here in EXO. If I like Jongin, and I can say that Baekhyun is my best friend. Okay, don’t tell that to Chanyeol or else he will kill me. He wants himself to be one and only Baekhyun’s best friend, but I don’t care because I know that he loves Baekhyun more than a best friend—if you know what  I mean.

 

A while ago, I was doing everything to ignore Jongin and to shake him off.

 

I really don’t want this anymore.

 

I don’t want to get hurt and I really don’t want to have high hopes again.

 

“Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun suddenly sat from his bed, resting his head on the headboard, while he is looking at me worriedly.

 

“Food delivery! How are you, Baekhyun?” I asked him, smiling.

 

Yeah, just smile, Do Kyungsoo.

 

Just smile…

 

How about Jongin? Is he just okay, right now?

 

Ugh, what the ? How should he be okay right now if I was ignoring him like a a while ago?

 

Kyungsoo, just ing erase his name in your heart and mind! Do you really want to get hurt, huh?

 

Just please, stop being an idiot already because that will lead to nowhere at all.

 

“Why do you need to erase him if you really don’t need to erase anything? Why do you need to stop if continuing is still the best option to do?” I was left dumbfounded when Baekhyun suddenly blurted that out of nowhere. A knowing smile is plastered on his lips.

 

He get hold of my hand and said, “Soo, go and confessed to him. Face your feelings without any regrets.”

 

I don’t know how in hell did he know it, but I did not bother anymore and just hugged him tight. Right now, all I need is my best friend.

 

“H-how did you know?” I asked him.

 

“I know you, Kyungsoo, and I also know that you were the one who hid my eyeliner, you !” Both of us laughed when Baekhyun slightly and teasingly flicked my forehead.

 

Thanks, Baekhyun. I owe you a lot. I think, I know now why Chanyeol is—

 

“My baby smurf, are you fine already? How’d you feel?”

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol and Jongin barged into the room completely scaring the hell out of us.

 

Chanyeol went directly to Baekhyun to check the latter’s condition while Jongin just stood there by the door, staring at me. I managed to give him a smile which he responded by giving a cute little grin.

 

I will give my feelings a chance. Fighting!

 

 

Baekhyun’s Point of View

 

Chanyeol is like a whining kid when he and Jongin entered the room.

 

“My baby smurf, are you fine already? How’d you feel?”

 

My cheeks turned warm and red in colour when Chanyeol just called me with a cute nickname.

 

From smurf to baby smurf. Where did he even get that?

 

“Yah, giant! Shut up, will you?” I grumbled at him with an irritated tone but he just pinched my cheeks.

 

“Baby smurf is blushing because of me! Ayiee~” Chanyeol cooingly teased and I immediately slapped his hands away from me. I cupped my cheeks and , it is really burning!

 

“I-I have a fever that w-why my cheeks are b-burning!” I defended myself but my tongue is really bad and it stuttered.

 

Chanyeol abruptly approached me and hugged me tightly.

 

“I really was worried at you, baby smurf!” I was stunned but a smile made its way into my lips. I feel so loved to know that he cared for me, you know.

 

“Thanks, giant. Really, thank you.” I said and I buried my face on his chest.

 

“Is this the making of ChanBaek? I am a shipper already, hyung!” Jongin.

 

We were just having fun and everything when somebody obsessed with Luhan hyung, opened the door with a loud slam and blurted out, “EXO-M WILL GO BACK HERE IN KOREA!” and danced like an idiot party-goer.

 

Of course, it is Oh Sehun.