Chapter 2: Jealousy and doing this are normal with best friends, right?

Mischievously In Love

Chapter 2: Jealousy and doing this are normal with best friends, right?

 

 

Baekhyun’s Point of View

 

“Mama ijen naege daedaphaejwo. Wae saramdeuri dalla jyeonneunji. Areumdaun sijeo riraneunge hanneunji~” I repeated singing that part for the umpteenth time.

 

That is my first part for our debut song, “MAMA” and I want to sing it perfectly when we will record the song already. You see, my dreams depend on this.

 

They said that we will about to debut and we will going to be introduced in the whole world, but I don’t know if that was true at all because even until now, our group still doesn’t have a name.

 

Well, some of our members are guesting already in some shows and concerts, indicating that we are the next group of SM Entertainment that will debut. Yixing hyung even guested on SHINee sunbaenim’s concert!

 

By the way, I didn’t expect that the giant Park Chanyeol is a trainee also here in SM Entertainment and what is more surprising is that we will be on the same group, Coincidence? I don’t know.

 

And right now, he’s the closest to me in our group. You see, he always come to my aid, spending some bonding time officially just for us two, so that’s why we are really so closed already.

 

Besides Chanyeol, I personally know one of the members, too. I was really shocked when I saw him because it was so long ago when I last saw him. We were still kids back then, and so you could imagine how shock I was to know that we will be in the same group. And furthermore, it looks like he still remember me because he really scrutinized me when I first enter the training room.

 

I really want to approach him and ask him how he is, but I did not do it because there are things that would be better to remain on the past only.

 

Somebody suddenly sat beside me, making me a grasp to go back to the present events.

 

“Hyung, I heard that you know hapkido?” I looked at the panda beside me, it’s Tao.

 

He looks like a scary madman at first glance, but he is really fragile. He cries easily and some other trainees also bullied him that’s why I make sure to take care of him, to also protect him.

 

“Yup, I studied hapkido back in middle school.” I replied back, kicking my leg a bit to show him that I can do hapkido.

 

Then suddenly Tao’s eyes glimmered as if he saw a mountain of treasures. “Really, hyung? I know Wushu, by the way!” he blurted excitedly.

 

I nodded, “Wushu? I planned to study that, too but it is too hard so I did not continue it.” I grimaced as I remember how hard it was back then when I tried to study Chinese Wushu.

 

He moved closer to me creepily, and he hold both of my hands tightly. You can see happiness registered on his eyes, and I really find it creepy. Really creepy.

 

“Really, hyung? I think we’re meant for each other!”

 

After Tao said that, I was just shocked when two giants made their ways in between of me and Tao.

 

It’s Yifan hyung and Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol grabbed my arm and before I could even complain, he already managed to get me out of the training room.

 

What the is his problem?

 

 

Chanyeol’s Point of View

 

I am strumming my guitar as I watched Baekhyun who was slowly being approached by Tao.

 

I can proudly say the Baekhyun is my best friend already!

 

Of course, we already treat each other as best friends, not only because we already know each other even before Baekhyun was introduced to us but also because these past few weeks, we always stayed beside one another. And another thing is, he is really cute!

 

Suddenly, Yifan hyung sat beside me, handing me a bottled water which I immediately accepted with a nod of thanks.

 

“Aren’t you jealous of Baekhyun and Tao?” I was shocked when Yifan hyung asked that so my instant reaction was to choke out the water that I was drinking, making me to cough.

 

What the heck is he saying?

 

“H-huh? Of course not! And why should I get jealous on the first place?” I stuttered out of confusion.

 

“I mean look, you are his best friend but look how he talk to Tao right now.” Yifan hyung said that with a mischievous smile on his lips, yet he is looking away from me.

 

I looked back then to Baekhyun and Tao.

 

Why are they smiling like that to each other?

 

With unknown reasons, jealousy consumed my system.

 

But why? Why does it hurt to see that he could not smile like that whenever he talk to me?

 

Am I really jealous?

 

“See, you’re jealous.” Yifan hyung smirked, studying the expression present in my face.

 

, Yifan hyung. I want to slap his face with a frying pan that has a boiling hot oil!

 

“Jealous? Jealous your !” I was about to walk-out but I was instantly stoned on my place when I heard an irritating statement.

 

“Really, hyung? I think we’re meant for each other!”

 

As if there’s something that snapped inside of me and before I knew it, I am already dragging Baekhyun out of the training room, and away from Tao.

 

“Park Chanyeol, where in hell do you plan to bring me? W-what is your problem?” it seems like Baekhyun is already irritated, but I don’t care and I just continued on dragging him.

 

“Oh my God, I am not yet ready, Chanyeol! Don’t murder me, yet! I still have a lot of drea—“

 

“SHUT UP! , BAEKHYUN. I’M JEALOUS AND I DON’T KNOW WHY!”

 

Make me remember later on that I will have to cut my tongue already, okay?

 

 

Yifan’s Point of View

 

“What happened to Chanyeol hyung?” Tao is like an innocent kid whenever he ask something out of curiosity.

 

It looks like he doesn’t know that it was because of him that’s why Chanyeol was acting on that way, right now.

 

“Huang Zitao, why are you so great at making people jealous?” I said that while shaking my head, and a smirk on my lips is present while I watch how his eyebrows met.

 

“Huh? I did nothing!” He defended his self with a pout.

 

He is really one of a kind, see? This kid really doesn’t know anything at all.

 

“Tss. Whatever, Huang Zitao. I will rather sleep than talking to you.” I was about to stand up to find a better place to sleep onto but Tao grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

 

“Hyung, are you jealous?”

 

With that, I can tell that I am nervous already because look, Tao is watching my reaction with full of seriousness and concentration and I will lie if I tell that I am not jealous at all.

 

But being a jerk I am, I just smirked and moved my face closer to him.

 

“What if I am, Huang Zitao? What will you do then?” I asked him, mischievously and teasingly.

 

Tao stiffened and blushed—wait, he is blushing because of me?

 

“Ugh, just sleep in there!” Tao growled, running away from me and settling behind Junmyeon as if he is hiding from me. I smirked at that sight of him.

 

Huang Zitao, you just became my style right now…

 

 

Baekhyun’s Point of View

 

I put down the ice cream in front of Chanyeol’s face which is crimson red in colour, right now.

 

Yeah, after he blurted out that he was jealous, I panicked the hell out of me and so I dragged him into this ice cream shop without even having second thoughts at all.

 

And that’s how I bought him an ice cream with the use of my money, in a not-so-right-timing. Bye-bye, money.

 

“There, banana flavour ice cream for the giant monkey, Park Chanyeol!” I teasingly said that to him in an attempt to push the awkwardness and thick air away from us.

Ever since he blurted out a while ago, he was so freaking quiet that really drives me nuts. And furthermore, his face is still red up until now.

 

“T-thanks. W-what is your ice cream’s flavour?” finally, he replied back already. I am on the edge of crying already because I am talking nonstop a while ago and he could only respond back with nods, ugh.

 

And the only thing that I want to say to myself right now is good job, Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Strawberry!” I giddily said and started eating, which he did also.

 

We are quiet once again, and awkwardness is present on the air, again.

 

“B-Baekhyun.” I was taken aback when Chanyeol decided to break the deafening silence between us by calling my name.

 

I looked at him and he is serious while staring at me. He then leaned on the table, making our face only a few inches of space.

 

I can feel that my face is already burning but what really made me shock was when his thumb brushed the side of my lips and slightly touching my lips and he his thumb with a cooed, “Strawberry, yummy.”

 

“C-Chan-yeol…”

 

Oh, . Why am I stuttering? Dig my own grave now, please.

 

Why does he have this effect on me? Just, why in hell?

 

“You are a messy eater, Baekhyun. You are like a kid!”

 

Without further ado, I grabbed the spoon and throw it at him but the bastard was quick to dodge the flying spoon away.

 

“Yah, Park Chanyeol! It is not funny already!” I said and pouted.

 

“You are really cute, Baek.”

 

My jaw dropped when he said that because a) he called me Baek, which is really a cute nickname—I am not squealing, okay? But I find it sweet, and b) he said that I am cute, again.

 

“I was very jealous. Very jealous, you know? I am your best friend but you did not even manage to give me a smile just like the way you smiled to Tao.” It is obvious that his tone is full of loneliness.

 

He really values me a lot, eh? But here I am, acting as if he is just a certain nobody.

 

I rarely have true friends, and one of them is Chanyeol and here I am acting like stupid bastard, ignoring him and not realizing how lucky I am to have him.

 

Okay, I am guilty. Kill me now.

 

Without thinking twice, I went closer to Chanyeol and I hugged him. “I-I’m sorry, Chanyeol. Sorry for making you jealous. Sorry for being a jerk. I’m so lucky to have you, best friend. So lucky…” I whispered that to him and he hugged me back in return, burying his face on my hair.

 

“I’m lucky to have you too, Baek. Very lucky…”

 

 

Chanyeol’s Point of View

 

I am so happy right now! That’s the effect of a daily dosage of Byun Baekhyun in my life.

 

We are inside of a cab, right now because we decided that we will skip the day’s training and so I am sending Baekhyun home.

 

, I can’t help but to let a girly squeal whenever I remember those words that Baekhyun said to me a while ago.

 

A thudding sound erupted on Baekhyun’s side, leaving me to look at him instantly. His head is slightly dodging the window’s glass, and so I pulled him closer by his waist and rested his head onto my shoulder.

 

I just watched him sleep. Lips slightly opened with soft dog-like yelps, and breathing softly.

 

My heart thumped faster when he cuddled closer to me, curling his self and moving his head down to my chest and hugging me back as if he is enjoying the warm I can give to him. I could not help it, and before I knew it I already kissed his head with full of hidden affection.

 

When I realized what I just did, I just swallowed the lump in my throat and hugged him tighter.

 

Well, jealousy and doing this are normal with best friends, right?

 

 

The day after…

 

I rushed into the training room, panting and out of breath but I could not care more with my present situation because what matters the most now for me is the fact that manager hyung chatted on our chat box with a message that the awaited announcement will be announced today.

 

When I barged into the room, everyone is there already and they are all sitting in a circle, while manager hyung is on the centre and standing.

 

Bowing my head, I managed to sit down beside Baekhyun, and we smiled to each other.

 

“And because you are all in here already, let’s do this already.” Manager hyung paused and looked at each of us with a knowing smile on his lips.

 

Ugh, what’s with the suspense?!

 

“April 8, 2012. Four Chinese members, eight Korean members, equals to twelve all in all. On that exact date, a new world shall open up, a new legend will begin to unfold. Twelve members with an oozing oneness with their bonds. Introducing SM Entertainment’s newest boy group that will lead and make history in the KPop industry…”

 

Goosebumps are present in my whole body. Nervous and excited at the same time.

 

I looked the other members and they are all seriously listening right now which is an uncommon sight for us. Usually, we will play pranks to manager hyung when he is talking to us, but right now we all know that this is a serious matter.

 

That this is our start.

 

“Twelve boys from EXO planet. Twelve boys with out of this world charms. EXO, that’s you guys!” Manager hyung cheered, which was followed by squeals and cheers from the rest of us, dancing like party-goers in a club, celebrating the dream that will start.

 

The dream that will start for Minseok, Luhan, Yifan, Junmyeon, Yixing, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Tao, Jongin and Sehun.

 

The dream that will start for the whole EXO.

 

“Come on, guys!” Junmyeon hyung shouted with full of enthusiasm, gathering us on the middle of the practice room with his hand extended in front of us.

 

We put our hands on Junmyeon hyung’s hand and altogether we shouted…

 

“WE ARE ONE! WE ARE EXO!”