Chapter 8

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon is currently at the school’s cafeteria, waiting for Jungyeon. The short-haired girl told her that she forgets something at her car and she can go first.

Seriously, what’s taking her so long?

It’s 11 already, 2 more hours before the opening program. The contest is divided into two batches; the first batch will perform now while the second batch will perform tomorrow. Unfortunately, Jungyeon is not lucky enough and she picked ‘Batch 1’ during the draw lots. Nayeon sigh. She is nervous; it’s been a long time since she joined a contest. Suddenly, she remembers her ex boyfriend.

Flashback

“I can’t do it.” Nayeon said while placing her both hands on her face.

“Yes you can.” Jinyoung took her hands and held it. “I believe in you, I’m your number one fan after all. All of them are nothing when it comes to singing because you’re the best.” He smiled at her.

This makes Nayeon’s heart melt. She can’t help but to love him more.

“Promise me, you will always support me and you will always be my number one fan.”

“Promise”

Flashback ends

“Hey Nayeonnie, you’re zoning out.”

Jungyeon is finally here.

“You slowpoke. You made me wait for too long.”

“Sorry, something happened when I am on my way here.”

“Nevermind, can we just start practicing.”

“Practice again? We stayed up late yesterday just to practice. Can we just relax?” Jungyeon complained.

Nayeon crossed her arms and raise one of her eyebrows.

“Yoo Jungyeon.”

Uh oh, those tone.

“Fine fine. Geez. Do you really want to win and get that extra credit huh?” Jungyeon asked.

“Aniyo”

“Then why?”

“I’m nervous”

Jungyeon look at her. It took a couple of second before Jungyeon crack a smile and said,

“Don’t be like that. For me, you’re voice is amazing. I’m your number one fan actually, I’ll support always.”

“I’m your number one fan”

“I will always support you”

That’s what Jinyoung told to me. The he will always be my number one fan. But where is he now? He promised to me.

“Are you okay?”

“Y..yes”

Maybe Jungie is right, I really need to move on from him. I should accept it. Maybe he is really not the one for me. I should stop thinking about him from now on and the things that reminded me of him.

“Promise me, that you will always support me and will always be my number one fan.”

Jungyeon got confused at Nayeon’s sudden request. But she answered anyway.

“I can’t promise you that.”

Nayeon frowned. But Jungyeon is not finish.

“I can’t promise you that because promises are meant to be broken. So instead of promising it, I’ll just show it to you, because action speaks louder than words.”

Jungyeon sincerely said.

They answered it differently. But why am I more convinced to Jungyeon?

Jungyeon felt awkward.

“Uhm, so let’s start?”

“Okay.”

 

Mina’s POV

8:30 A.M

“Finally! The fresh air of Korea.” Mina spread both of her arms while spinning around.

“Stop doing that, you look like a complete idiot. And you’re embarrassing me.”

“Mood killer.”

Momo and Mina the Japanese beauties are walking inside the airport like they are one of those Victoria’s Secret model.

“Ms. Myoui welcome back.” Samchon, Im’s family driver.

“Mr. Samchon, finally we meet again.” Mina hugs the older man.

“You’ve grown into a beautiful lady Ms. Myoui.”

Mina giggled, “Thank you.”

“And who’s this pretty lady beside you Ms.?”

“Oh, I almost forgot. She is Momo, my friend.”

“Nice to meet you Ms. Momo” He offered his hand.

“Nice meeting you too Mr. Samchon.”

“Get in ladies. Madam is excited to see you.”

 “Mina, are you sure this is okay? I don’t want to be a burden.”

“It’s okay, Auntie Sooyeon is nice, same with Uncle Jeong. They will let you stay at their house.”

“Seriously? They don’t know even know me!”

“Tsk, just keep your mouth shut, okay? Let’s just talk later.”

 

Im’s mansion

“Wow, their house is huge.” Momo exclaimed.

A fine and beautiful lady is waiting for them at the front door.

“Auntie” Mina said after getting out in the car. She hugged the woman.

Momo followed her. “I thought she is Mina’s cousin. She looks young tho.” She mumbled.

“Minari~ I miss you so much, how have you been?”

“I’m fine auntie. I miss you too. Where’s uncle?”

“He’s at work, you know him. He is very hard working.” They both laughed until the woman noticed Momo.

“And who is this beautiful lady here?” The woman smiled warmly at Momo.

“Auntie, this is Momo, my friend. We know each other for almost 2 years. I’ve met her at the dance club. She is really nice.”

“Nice to meet you ma’am.” Momo bowed at her.

“Don’t be too formal, you can call me auntie since you will stay here right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter