이.별 (The Star/Farewell) (3/3)

이.별 (The Star/Farewell)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A beeping sound, soft voices and a hand clutching his right hand was the first things Jinyoung's mind was able to recognize when he woke up. Slowly the noise got louder and clearer around him, he also could recognize the voices. Slowly Jinyoung opened his eyes. Bright light blinded his sight, so he closed them tightly again. Gradually his senses awakening again. He only opened his eyes slightly so that they could get used to the light.
"Jinyoung-ah!" It was a voice he knew just too well, his mother's. He looked to his right where it had came from and he saw that she was also the one who held onto his hand.
"Never do anything like this again. Do you know how scared we were when we heard what had happened to you, son? When we got the call from the hospital we thought that it was a mistake since you work here. Our next thought was that someone was playing a prank on us but it wasn't....", his father said but his voice stopped abruptly. The expression Jinyoung saw on his father's face showed how concerned he had been, how scared he had been to loose his son.
"As no other call came we immediately got on our way." Tears flowed down his mother's face.

After that silence grew in the room, neither him nor his parents were talking. When he suddenly heard loud voices from outside the door. Voices Jinyoung knew just all too well. When the door slid open two person stepped inside. The first that stepped to his left side was Dr. Wang. Without saying anything he just looked at Jinyoung but that was enough to show how worried he had been. The other person was well yes you guessed it Dr. Tuan, whose expression matched Jackson's. If Jinyoung would have been asked who he would expect to see right after his parents, it would have been Jaebum and Youngjae. As the two entered his parents decided to go for a short walk and get a coffee.
"The other two are in charge for the emergency room for as long as Mark and I am here with you. But I guess once we return and tell them that you woke up they will be here before you can say 'belgian waffles'..... I'm imagine both of them saying that with their heavy accents, this is so good. I have to write that down." said Jackson and totally cracked up about his own joke. How was someone actually able to work with someone like him all day? Was a question that came up in Jinyoungs mind, but he actually knew the answer because during his first two weeks he always worked at the same time as the older doctor. And what did he do like during their breaks or when they ate lunch together, he just simply ignored all his jokes. Because the older either won't realize it or be mad for like a few minutes and then again start talking with him. A reason why he probably got along with children so well.
"When we heard who was involved in the accident, almost the entire hospital stopped for a short moment. Did you know that every nurse likes you? It was crazy like suddenly all of them wanted to help us out so that your treatment was done the fastest. Can you please tell me what your trick is? Because well... I'm trying to woo one of the nurses, but she keeps on rejecting my invitations." Too much information at once. While Jackson continued chatting (more to himself than to anyone in the room) Jinyoungs gaze wandered to the other doctor in the room which had not said one word since he stepped into the room.

".... In addition to the sisters all running around asking if they could help somehow, Mark probably was the one who had panicked the most out of all of us." That one sentence got Jinyoung stunned.
"Jackson!", was the first word Mark said, he sounded irritated and an undertone in his voice Jinyoung had never heard before. His gaze wandered back from Mark to Jackson and again back to Mark. His mind just couldn't comprehend why Mark would be the one who would panic the most out of all of them.
"I think we should go back Jackson.", muttered Mark out of his corner. Why had he even come along at all? He didn't even said one word to Jinyoung only throw those looks at him that confused the younger more than he already was. At these words, Jackson's expression showed just how much he disliked that sentence, he obviously wanted to talk longer with the younger.
"Already? But we didn't even got to hear what happened from his point of view?! Don't you want to hear what his thoughts were when he saved that woman and her daughter just like the hero he is? Or how it feels to lie on this beds not for a short nap but actually as a patient? You're really not curious at all?"
"Jackson as his doctor you should know that rest is probably the best for him at the moment. And you are talking nonsense again so you definitely should get back to work.", with those words dragged Mark Jackson out of the room. The door was quickly slid closed behind the two but Jinyoung could still hear the two bickering.
"Woaaa Mark who would have thought that you would be the one dragging me outside. After the way you acted in the emergency room I thought that you....” the two walked down the hallway and because of that the further they went the more their voices faded. So he was left hanging with that sentence, really curious as to what Mark had done.
“I don't care what he did. I'm not interested in him anymore.” he said to himself and then added mentally 'it also has nothing to do with me he probably was furious because everyone was making a fuss over me'.
He sighed and put an arm over his eyes. Slowly his headache became noticeable again. Obviously the painkillers effect seemed to not be strong enough and so he pressed the button to call a nurse.
The moment he let go of the button the door opened again and his parents came inside both holding onto a cup of coffee. The smell of coffee invaded his nose.
"You know this is really mean. Drinking coffee right in front of me knowing that I probably won't get one cup for the next few days?", he complained quietly and earned a grin from his father and a shake of the head of his mother. The coffee addicted family Park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later Jinyoung sat alone in his room. He had assured his parents that he would be fine and get better fast even if they wouldn't be able to be around him. Because after all he knew that they couldn't stay away from their work places for too long as well.
Bored he looked at the television and changed every few minutes the channel because none of the programs looked interesting to him. Now he could totally understand why most patients preferred to share a room, or why they walked so much all around the hospital. It had been only a few hours since he had woken up in the bed and he definitely knew better things he would like to be stuck with. The last time he had so much free time had probably been years ago, he was not used to this anymore. He would definitely ask one of his friends to go to his apartment and get him some books to read. In the time that he won't be able to work he would just read all the books he had got recommended to for his department.
He seriously couldn't be more bored and it didn't help that the scene from Jackson and Mark's visit kept on replaying in his head. Their behavior just really had confused him.
While his thoughts were turning around the two older doctors, he looked out the window the see a beautiful sunset. When had he last seen the sunset and had actually enjoyed it like that.
Jinyoung felt how slowly his eyes got heavier and heavier, his eyes closed but his mind was still fully awake and because of that he could hear the faint sounds from the corridor. Quietly the door was opened and a figure slipped into the room. That person stayed near the door and just stared at Jinyoung. A gentle sigh escaped the person's lips and took a few steps closer to the bed.
"Do you know how shocked I was when I heard that you had gotten into an accident?” Mark said faintly more a whisper than actually talking. At the sound of his voice Jinyoung was wide awake again but kept his eyes shut closed.
"What you did was stupid, heroic but stupid. You put your own life at risk to save another. Did you even think about what could have happened to you? How we all would feel if you would get hurt? How I would feel? I didn't leave your apartment last night so that you could get into an accident the next day." All these words confused Jinyoung even more, why did it sound like Mark actually cared about him? That he was worried? Jinyoung heard how Mark was walking up and down in the small room.
"I did not leave two years ago, to return and then just lose you again. Two years ago I had to leave, there had been only two options. I rather leave for a certain time otherwise...." he began whispering again but stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter