teaser one

SCRIPTED [REVAMP] | APPLY CLOSED

01
TEASER ONE

The practice room was empty except for a single girl who was busy pacing back and fourth. Jimin clutched her phone in her hand and thought about how she hadn’t been this nervous in forever. When it came to Jimin, few things made her nervous. Right now, confessing her feelings was one of the few things.

    Jimin kept glancing at the door, expecting Rocky to come in at any second. Moments ago she had called him and told him to come so she could talk to him after having a very important call of her own. Jimin was picked to be on a show called My Idol Love. It was a show where fans would get the once in a lifetime chance to date their idols. Except instead of getting actual fans they decided to go for unknown actresses. Ones that maybe had been in a CF when they were two years old or been an extra for a drama but didn’t really have any roles stashed under their belt. Knowing that she was going to be on the show with someone who most likely wouldn’t be Rocky, Jimin felt now was a good time to let him know. 

    The door finally opened and Jimin jumped back, nearly dropping her phone in the process.

    “Hey peanut,” Rocky began, not noticing how on edge his friend was, “what did you need?”

    When anyone else called her peanut, Jimin wanted to punch them. Though it somehow made her melt when Rocky said it.

    “I really need to talk to you. To tell you something.”

    Jimin began to fidget with the phone in her hand and Rocky reached his hand out to grab her hands in attempt to calm her down.

    “You can tell me anything,” he assured her.

    He was looking at her but Jimin couldn’t meet his eyes. Her eyes focused on his hands on hers and she took a few deep breathes in order to calm down. Never did she expect this to be so difficult. It was just three words. I like you.

    “I’ve been casted in a show,” Jimin said.

    Rocky let go of her hands and Jimin looked up to see him jumping up and down.

    “That’s awesome! Why were you so nervous to tell me that?”

    He pulled her into a hug and Jimin held on tight, worried that this might be the last time should things go wrong.

    “That’s not all,” Jimin said, her voice muffled in his chest.

    She released her grip on him and Rocky pulled back to look at his friend. Jimin finally looked at him and now found herself rambling.

    “The show is a dating show but not really a dating show. Everyone is going to think it’s real but we’re all just going to be acting. And I don’t want you watching it and thinking that I like this guy or that I’m really dating him cause I don’t want to be. I want to be dating yo-you.” She paused as the truth finally came out. “I like you.”

    Rocky took a few steps back and Jimin wished he would say something. It felt he was taking hours to speak. 

    “Me?” Rocky questioned. “You like me?”

    So far it wasn’t a no but it wasn’t a yes either. 

    “Is it really that shocking?”

    “I always thought you saw me as just a friend, so yeah.”

    Jimin didn’t want to have to ask this next question but she couldn’t hold it in any longer. She needed an answer.

    “Do you only see me as a friend?”

    “I really care about you…”

    “…That doesn’t answer my question.”

    “You’re about to go on a dating show. I know you say nothing is going to happen with you and whoever you’re paired with but things happen. Who knows how you’ll feel about me by the end of the show?”

    Jimin was starting to get frustrated. Why wasn’t he answering her question? A simple yes or no was all she needed.

    “But how do you feel about me right now? Why aren’t you telling me? Is it because you don’t feel the same way? Rocky, please be honest with me.”

    “Fine.” Rocky raised his hands in defeat. “I’ve never thought about you that way. I’m sorry. But I really care about you and I’m so happy you finally get to act.”

    Jimin didn’t catch what Rocky said at the end as the words before kept repeating over and over in her mind. He didn’t feel the same. Jimin couldn’t help but wonder what would happen between them now. Would things be awkward?

    “Can we pretend this didn’t happen then? I don’t want things to change between us.”

    Rocky gave a small smile before pulling Jimin into a tight hug.

    “Nothing is going to change, you peanut. I promise.”

    And Jimin hoped he was right.

 

 

20
apr

author's : notes

woo okay first teaser with my character and rocky. i hope you enjoy and don't forget to send in your apps! i'm probably going to move the deadline because work has been insane and i haven't had time to really look at apps but thank you to all who have applied and i'll try to get those reviews up soon!