Oh Come On?!

Minky Drabbles

Today was, for the lack of a better word rather dull. The skies are stripped off of its prevalent pastel color, clusters of dark gray clouds scattered on its wide sheet threatening for a storm coming up. Gone was its warm glow with the sun hidden behind puffs of formerly white clouds. "I should have brought my umbrella with me." A woman donned in a beige dress, falling just two inches above her knees which perfectly hugged her curves but not tight enough to deprive her of oxygen, said to herself. She cast a fleeting look on her heels. Clearly, she wasn't dressed for the weather.

There are two things she hated the most apart from raisins— well that's a given fact. It's arriving late at important meetings such as what she is about to attend 10 minutes from now and doing something flat-footed. All her life she has followed a certain plan wherein things never swerve to a path different from what is laid out by her personally. And no, she's not a person suffering from OCD like what most people perceive. She just prefers organizing what needs and has to be done, weighing out the pros and cons that would result from an action made by her and getting satisfaction when things don't turn out bad and almost all the time it doesn't, pretty much explains why she can't see anything wrong with how she runs her life.

"8 minutes" an exasperated sigh escaped the lady's mouth as she impatiently drums her fingers on her lap. She is seated at the back of the taxi, lips presed in a thin line while she is engaged in an internal battle with herself which involved shutting down her irrational self that is ten seconds into lashing out at the driver who wasn't at fault for the heavy traffic ahead in the first place. “Out of all the days, you choose to play with me today.” She hissed in annoyance as a man dressed in a plain maroon hoodie and dark pants came waltzing along the gap between two cars, a confident smirk adorned his face.

Trust her trickster of a neighbor to ruin her already sour mood. Rolling down the vehicle's window, she threw a stony glare at the male, "Kim Mingyu you better stop your games this instance because if I arrive late even just for a millisecond I will find you and drag you myself to the nearest exorcist's house" said man's chuckle filled the streets at her threat, tears b on the outer edge of his eyes as a result from too much laughter. An exorcist. Really now? "On one condition." He paused. "Treat me to Mrs. Im's milktea house"

The scowl on the female's face was enough evidence that she is not amused at all. "You're a ghost. Ghosts don't drink milkteas" she deadpanned. "Well we do eat humans, that's a fact" he stated with indifference, mischief dancing in his eyes. The formally-dressed lady groaned and gripped on the window's edge, hard stare fixated on the poltergeist outside, "You know what, I'm done with this. Pull your tricks on some other person because what I'm about to attend to is a really really important meeting and YOU JUST HAD TO DO THIS , DIDN'T YOU?" She snapped, pertaining to the slower-than-usual pace of the vehicles which obviously was caused by the former. Chuckling yet again, Mingyu stuck his tongue out that seemingly added fuel to the fire, judging from the other's unwavering glare. "You should lay back a little, Kyulkyungie." He said, now grinning.

"Don't call me that. We aren't five anymore, Kim." she retorted. "But-" A pout. She can't believe her dead bestfriend, standing 6 feet and 1 inch tall stuck his bottomlip out and sported 'the' look of a kicked puppy.

 

 

 

"Mingyu, stop it."