Begin

Indirect (Cola)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness, screams, cries and running.

No shadows, no light, nothing.

From left to right, you can’t see anything.

You just feel...

Pain.

Heartbreak.

Tears.

You feel you’re running.

Away from something.

To someone.

But where?

You don’t know.

You just want to escape.

From what?

You don’t know.

You heard it.

A voice.

And suddenly, there’s light.

To everything.

You don’t feel pain nor heartbreak anymore.

No more tears and running.

You felt warmth.

You can see.

Moonlight,

Empty roads,

Falling snow,

You can feel.

Strong hands…

Forehead kiss…

An embrace.

You can hear.

A hum.

A song.

And then you feel like you’re falling.

A gasp escaped from your lips as you opened your eyes and took deep breaths to keep breathing. Your eyes darted from the ceiling to the wall and your mind registered it and informed you it’s the living room. Another meaningless dream woke you up. You sat up, too fast; because you felt dizzy all of a sudden. You put a hand on your forehead to lightly massage it and ease the feeling. Once you’ve calmed yourself down, you looked to your left and smiled, relieved that Jimin and the others are still sleeping.

A few hours prior, Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon decided to crash into your apartment and demanded a sleep over. You couldn’t refuse because there’s no work miraculously waiting for all of you the next morning and they’ve already brought in food for bribery. You asked if it was alright with their soulmates and why they didn’t bring them because the more, the merrier but they shrugged and explained that you’re special and that they wanted to hang out with just you. You couldn’t help the smile and chuckle escape from your mouth because of the silly reasons.

With a blanket and pillow fort that all of you arranged in your living room, you all had a great time watching movies jumping from one genre to another while snacking around. There was also dancing involved when you persuaded Namjoon and Yoongi to let you hear their hidden tracks with Jimin, through silly dancing, partying, slow dancing and just literally dancing randomly brought out laughter and fun. You also played games and you basked in the glory of winning most of the games but since they’re guys that don’t know how to quit, it took hours for them to bask in their own glory as they beat you.

It was well past midnight when the first yawn was heard and you all decided to wash up and sleep. Clothes were not a problem because the three of them basically had a drawer each to themselves in your apartment. (Read: Clothes you borrowed and never gave back) Sleep was a bliss as you let yourself relax and listen to the their breaths, you all fell asleep before Namjoon’s snores acted up.

Now, you silently got up and tiptoed towards the window to look at the full moon nearing its end of shift. You don’t know why but every full moon you get dreams about something meaningless or maybe it was about your soulmate. You leaned on the cool glass as you thought about the familiar voice that you heard.

A deep, alluring, sweet, voice.

“Who could it be…” you whispered to no one as you breathed in the glass and wrote on it. After a few minutes, you silently hummed an unknown song as you gazed out the window, staring at nothing. “Curiouser and curiouser.”

“Y/N? Why are you awake?” You jolted from your position, heart beating fast as you whipped your head, eyes wide toward the speaker.

You saw Jimin with his adorable bedhead with his hair sticking up in different places and frowning lips, sleepy eyes filled with worry. You smiled slightly and shrugged. You watched as Jimin fixed up his shirt that was falling off his shoulder and rubbed his eyes, waiting for your answer.

“The moon’s about to sleep.” you answered just as you looked out the window to see the start of dawn. “The sun’s about to wake.”

Jimin settled next to you and smiled at the view. “You really picked out a nice place.”

“My sister takes the credit.” you chuckled “Her addiction to IG-worthy views made her take this place. I only took it because she’s moving out to the apartment closer to her workplace.” and directed her gaze inside the fort. “And Yoongi.”

“How nice.” Jimin commented, grinning. “You still took it, though.”

“True.” You laughed a bit. “It’s a really nice place.”

“So what woke you up?” Jimin asked, finished beating around the bush. “You don’t wake up this early just to see the sunrise. You’re more of a sunset person.”

“Nothing ever gets past you three, huh?” you commented, nodding at Namjoon and Yoongi who remained motionless but you know they’re awake and eavesdropping judging by the Namjoon’s snores toned down and Yoongi uncurled himself.

“Well, I just felt your warmth leave next to me when I turned in my sleep.” Jimin answered. “Then I woke up and saw you daydreaming.” There was a moment of silence before you spoke up.

“I have dreams of darkness then I heard a familiar voice. Then suddenly, there’s light…then I woke up.” you told him. “I think I’m having dreams of my soulmate…”

“That happened to me, too.” Jimin answered, grinning. “I see Tae’s features in my dreams back when I haven’t met him yet. It started when my hair color first changed. You’ll be getting those dreams a lot as time goes by.”

You groaned and bumped your head on the window lightly. “So that’s what it is.”

“Do you remember how the voice is like?” you gazed at the sky in wonder.

“Deep…caring…” you shrugged. “I don’t remember what the voice said.”

Jimin patted your head and cooed. “Our Y/N’s dreaming about her soulmate!!”

You scrunched up your nose and pouted a bit. Jimin leaned into your shoulder and yawned.

“Let’s go back to sleep.” you murmured, nuzzling Jimin’s cheek. Jimin just grunted and led you back towards the fort.

Jimin made Namjoon roll over and you both settled between Yoongi and Namjoon.

“You’ll meet him soon enough.” Yoongi commented, lightly kissing your hair and going back to sleep. Namjoon grunted in agreement, reaching to ruffle your head. “Just wait.” he added.

Snuggled up in warmth, you closed your eyes and slept again.

It was a peaceful morning.

(Read: Because you’re all sleeping.)

Come 2 o’ clock by the afternoon, you were all awakened by the door slamming open and heard voices that were screaming and singing. You all sat up, groaning as the voices flitted towards the living room and footsteps were heard.

“WAKE UP, A-NE, ARE YOU DONE HOGGING OUR SOULMATES TO YOURSELF?” you heard your sister’s voice and the chuckles that escaped from Namjoon, Yoongi and Jimin.

Yoongi called your sister’s name and that made footsteps rush and a second later, she was in Yoongi’s arms, hugging him good morning. Jin came next and kissed Namjoon’s cheek as Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jin’s waist and nuzzles his nose. Taehyung and Hoseok reached the living room and Taehyung frowned.

“Aw. Jiminnie’s already awake.” he commented but grinned and tackled Jimin down the blankets as the two play fight. Taehyung ended it by nuzzling Jimin’s neck and kissing the soulmate mark just below Jimin’s collarbone.

“Hey Hoseok.” You greeted as you got up the fort and left the couples to their cuddling sessions.

“Hey.” he greeted back as he followed you towards the kitchen.

“I think there’s someone missing. Where’s Taehyung’s friend?”

“Jungkook? I think he went somewhere with the Kwon twins, something about visiting a company.”

“Oh. I see.” you shrugged, you weren’t close with the guy even thought you have a teeny tiny bit of an attraction in him. “Breakfast?” you asked, holding out a hand for Hoseok, grinning.

“Don’t you mean brunch?” he asked with a sassy eyebrow raised, taking your hand. “Lead the way.”

“Well, we just woke up. And no one’s going to separate them to cook. It to be the single people here, huh?”

You heard Hoseok chuckle in agreement as you open the refrigerator and start setting up breakfast. Hoseok volunteered to do it and let you wash up after watching you make different varieties of eggs (Eggs with mayonnaise, Eggs with tabasco sauce, Eggs with cheese) and rice. You went out the bathroom fully refreshed and made Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon wash up too.

They did it while grudgingly looking at you. You laughed at the sight because it didn’t look intimidating with the toothbrushes in their mouths.

Heading towards the kitchen, You saw Jin already helping with breakfast and you settled in a seat, watching. It feels nice to know that the apartment is filled with people other than you. Your sister sat down next to you and nudged your shoulder. You smiled, “Good morning.”

“It’s nice to feel other people in this apartment and someone cooking for you, huh?” she asked, winking and laughing at your stunned look. “I know the feeling, don’t be surprised, A-ne. You just need to find your soulmate and make him move in.” she added, wiggling her eyebrows as you rolled your eyes at the comment.

The brunch was eventful and happy as you all laughed, ate and laughed some more with the jokes and stories that were shared around the full table. After that, you all went back to the fort and had another movie marathon, dancing and games.

It was a nice day off for everyone.

 

 

There was another special performance to be held by the champions requested by the event producers for another dance competition they were going to do. They needed a video presentation to entice aspiring dancers to join. This time, it was a mixed group competition so HiTech and the others immediately said your name when they were thinking of who to join. Since it’s dance, you can’t absolutely refuse because you were missing it and it’s touching that the members voted you on the spot.

It also coincide that you took time off work to further your inspirations for your creativity. Working on several topics at once for the past few years finally exhausted it and you felt a bit lost hence the break. Knowing you’ll come back and not wanting to let go of a creative mind, the company and managements let you off.

Now, facing the mirror on a practice room you rented in Hoseok’s dance academy, you let yourself go. Opening your playlist and placing it on shuffle, you let the music take you and danced to the beat of the music. Closing your eyes and just letting your body move. There were instances where the music goes through ABDC’s group dance routines such as Jabbawokeez, Quest Crew, Poreotix and IAmMe as well as your past dance remixes for auditions and competitions and you danced them all from your memory.

It was amazing how you still remember the steps and turns, you jumped, glided, krumped, waved and did every dance step that was still engraved into your memory to the beat of the music, sometimes singing along as the lyrics floated by and creating a new choreography.

Sweat glistened on your skin from not stopping your dancing to take break, making your hair stick to your nape so you stopped the music for a moment for a water break. You were properly pulling up your hair again when you heard applause and hollers. Your head whipped back in shock to see the door open and Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook and the HiTech members sitting by the door, all clapping from your performance. When they saw that you were now looking at them, they gave you a standing ovation.

“I miss seeing you dance, Y/N!!” Jimin commented, grinning as he went inside and pulled you for a hug. “I forgot how sharp and accurate your movements are.”

“That was amazing!!” Hoseok exclaimed, shaking your shoulders. “You totally didn’t know our existence because you’re too focused on dancing!”

“Wait, how long have you been there?!” you asked as you panicked, eyes wide at the members, suddenly feeling self-conscious with what you’re wearing and the moves you unknowingly showed.

“Well… when I said you’re practicing here, they all wanted to see you dance. So probably when you’re dancing to 2NE1’s Come Back Home.”

“Come back--that was the fifth song I danced to!!!” you exclaimed, putting your hand to your face, blushing. “I danced to 12 songs, you know. The last two were 6-7 minutes. Why didn’t you call meee…” you whined as you hid behind Jimin in embarrassment as they all laughed.

“We did call you, though.” Youngdon answered, a mischievous grin set in his mouth. “But the music was too loud.”

“Yeah, so we just watched.” YoungDeuk added, “We almost joined you after one song but we wanted to see you dance more.”

“It’s your fault for not looking here and when you do, your eyes are closed in concentration so you didn’t see us~”

“We got some pretty awesome choreography instantly when we saw your moves.”

“I was practicing here so that I won’t disappoint you guys later because I’m a bit rusty.” you said, shaking Jimin partly because your self-consciousness is getting to you and because the proud and awe-struck stares made you uneasy and shy.

“Rusty? That’s rusty to you?!” The members exclaimed, unbelieving. Jimin chuckled as he pulled off his hoodie and giving it to you. You immediately wore it, pouting. Clearly, you weren’t satisfied with your dancing.

“Yes, that’s rusty for her.” Jimin answered, ruffling your hair. “She dances much more sharper than that and moves ier. You looked like Namjoon hyung when you waved.”

You smacked him at the comment. “I did not!”

Hoseok laughed at that and caught your attention. “Hey, Y/N. How about you dance with me?”

You grinned at the challenge. “You’re on.”

That led to hours of dancing and fooling around with the members through silly lyrics and ridiculous dance moves and you teaching them some choreography that they requested to know. When you all stopped because for the other members it’s time for work, You felt yourself unwind, free from stress and you basked in the after glow of dancing as they all freshened up.

The HiTech members also didn’t let you pay the additional hours in the practice room and made their way out after hugging, patting, lifting or twirling you and then you were left alone because you chased Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook and Hoseok out of the practice room, this time closing it with the promise of not pushing yourself too hard and to have interval breaks and to stop every half an hour.

Starting from slow songs, you glided through the music with gentle moves and the occasional sharp movements, throwing in some ballet moves and traditional folk dance steps when you felt it was necessary to do so. After that, you switched through Jimin’s player’s playlist and selected the dances Jimin previously performed. The moves were a bit difficult and you don’t remember some dances he did because you didn’t have time to practice it but it proved a good warm-up for the next routines.

The last playlist contains dance routines from the music that Yoongi and Namjoon produced and some of the dance routines you made when the two producers gave you music you can dance to as gifts. You popped, you krumped, you glided, you jumped, turned, stomped, slide, rolled and did acrobatic and gymnastic moves as you go with the music’s flow.

Of course, not forgetting the interval break promise, after every playlist is finished, you replenish yourself with water intake for your parched self before starting again. After hours and hours of doing this, you stopped the playlist and lied down on the floor, panting and waiting to come down from your high.

You leveled your breathing and closed your eyes, wiping the sweat dripping down your forehead and smiled sheepishly when you felt your body screaming at movement and your vision started blurring and unfocused.

“I should’ve gone slow.” you winced but truly not regretting. “It had been a long time since I danced for hours.”

While Jimin has a habit of practicing too hard to the point of having a nosebleed, you both shared the same trait of literally dancing until you drop. So when your phone started ringing and ringing, you put an arm over your eyes and groaned as you heard the three familiar customized ringtones that filled up the silent room.

Clearly, they finally got wind of what you’ve been doing and is checking up on you. You cursed slightly when you can’t move your body at all because it is as if it was made of lead and every muscle seemed to scream at any slight movement.

“I’m so getting into trouble for this.” you mumbled as you felt your consciousness wavering, until you slipped into an unconscious state, ignoring the insistent ringing of your phone.

Moments later, the door opened quietly and Jungkook walked in, a jingle of keys heard as he closed the door.

“Y/N-ssi, I think I forgot my---” Jungkook’s eyes widened as he saw you lying in the middle of the room, unconscious. “YAH, Y/N!” he immediately went beside you, hoisting you up and shaking you lightly as your head settled by his neck. “Y/N-ah, are you okay?” he asked, brushing a hand over your forehead and feeling your temperature.

Your phone blared out as another ringtone interrupted Jungkook’s mini panicked state. He carried you towards the sound system where your phone and things are and answered the call after setting you down and pulling you close.

“YEOBOSEYO?”

“YAH Y/--WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY AN-” Jungkook’s brow furrowed when he heard the phone being taken away. “Hello? This is Yoongi. Who are you and where is Y/N?”

“I-I’m Jungkook--” he heard his name over the phone and heard it being snatched again.

“Yah, Jungkook-ah. This is Jimin hyung. Where is Y/N? Why do you have her phone? Is she still there? Why is she still there?! Oh, Why are you with her!?”

Jungkook sighed in relief now that he know who he’s talking to. “Hyung, she’s with me. I went back to the practice room because I think I forgot my earphones and my jacket here when we’re dancing earlier but then I saw Y/N-ssi in the middle of the room. Hyung! She’s not awake. What’s wrong with her? She isn’t narcoleptic, right? Do I need to call an ambulance?!”

Jimin laughed a bit. “No, Jungkook. Calm down, we’re going to be there in a few minutes! I knew I shouldn’t have left her alone there. She just collapsed, that’s all.”

“Okay. I see. What should I do?”

“Can you keep her company and wait for us?”

“Yes…I’ll do that.”

“Okay, thanks, Kookie!”

When the call was over, Jungkook looked at your unconscious state and blushed a bit seeing your outfit. You had removed Jimin’s hoodie and was left with a black sports bra and a loose croptop that hardly covered anything. Jungkook instead noticed your messy hair and concluded that it was probably because of the dancing you did. He noticed your phone is still in the music section and decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter