Chapter 5

My Cinderella

On her bed, Ji Hyo had mixed thought about the call earlier. At some point, she's happy that she didn't need to wait any longer to become employed again. She comes from an ordinary family and for her, financial support are the most important thing. But, she can't imagined herself working with Jong Kook, the cocky guy everyday. That thought alone trapped in her head, made her more confused. 

Finally, she decided to accept the offer. She made it clear in her head that Jong Kook is just the same as other CEO.

(JH) Okay, Ji Hyo-yah... Kim Jong Kook is just an ordinary CEO, just like Mr. Ji. Just follow his orders, be a good employee and then you're good.

 

The next day, Ji Hyo wore a formal woman black suit, the only professional woman's wear that she loves. She tied her hair in a ponytail,  which makes her look stunning even without make up. She walked confidently into the building, asked the information center before going up to 21th floor, the CEO's office.

Jong Kook and Ha Dong Hoon were in the office, waiting for a new employee to interview.

Ji Hyo knocked the Jong Kook room's door before stepped in.

"Yes, come in." Jong Kook said.

Ji Hyo made a fake smile as she walked into the room. Meanwhile, Jong Kook shocked  as he saw Ji Hyo. 

"S... Song Ji Hyo? That tomboy??" He said as he glared towards Ha Dong Hoon or HaHa, his famous nickname.

"Errr, hy-hyung... I have my own reason to do this hehe... peace!"  HaHa  forced his smile.

Jong Kook sighed. He dragged HaHa to the side, leaving Ji Hyo alone.

"What the heck is your reason? I told you about her not to bring her here!" 

"Hyung-nim, don't be like this. I really thought about this... Hyung, look. You do owed  her an apologize, don't you? You are the cause for her being fired, and she helped you that night too."

"So what?"

"Hyung, I'm the one whose being reasonable here. I know that she was a great PA before, so I just doing my job to recruit her, okay?"

"Yah! Who is the boss now? Why don't you discuss with me earlier?"

HaHa smiled, being cheeky again. "It's a suprise!"

Jong Kook gives up. He knew that HaHa always being unreasonable sometimes, but now he don't know what to respond anymore. He turned to finally approach Ji Hyo, whom getting bored with the unexpected drama.

"Sorry for interrupting but can we start the interview now? Ji Hyo finally spoke.

"Huh? Yeah of course, Ji Hyo-shii. Please have a seat." HaHa said, definitely want to shoo the awkwardness between them.

"Song Ji Hyo-shii, please introduce yourself." Jong Kook said, as he scanned her resume briefly.

"Anyeonghaseyo, I'm Song Ji Hyo. I'm 25 years old, a graduate from Sungkyunkwan University in Business and Management course. 

"Okay... so, why do you want to work here?" HaHa asked.

"Actually, l'm good with my previous job, as a PA but, I'm getting fired for some reason...." She faked her cough and make her eye contact with the boss, Jong Kook. 

"So I've sent my resume to all corporate companies that I know, but I really don't remember that I've sent mine to this company." She said confidently.

Jong Kook glared at HaHa again, thinking that he might purposely do that.

But HaHa quickly open up his laptop, showing the email he received. "You actually did sent your resume to us, Ji Hyo-shii. Look at this, you sent it around 4 a.m, two days ago."

Ji Hyo sighed. 

(JH) Aigoo... What have I done? I must be too sleepy to check every email...

She took a deep breath and smiled bitterly.

"Ah yes... I remember it now..."

After a while, Jong Kook spoke up to end the awkward moments.

"Okay, okay. So now, welcome to our company, Song Ji Hyo-shii." They set a deal with a handshake, which gave Jong Kook a weird feeling to it.

(JK) Oh ! Not again. Stop look at her as if she's that girl, you pabo!

Jong Kook tried to prevent himself from staring Ji Hyo so he looked at the floor. He suprised that Ji Hyo wore sneakers instead of heels. He bursts out laughing which confuses both HaHa and Ji Hyo.

"What? What's so funny??" Ji Hyo asked, as her tone rising.

"I was really suprised to see you in a feminine wear, but hey, here comes the sneakers lolll", Jong Kook can't seem to stop laughing, and that make Ji Hyo so mad. 

She felt humiliated, and she went out angrily.  Her tears flowing fast as she walked out of the building.

 

Coincidently, she met Kwang Soo at the car park, whom really suprised to see her.

"Ji Hyo? Really it's you??" He was about to laugh, until he saw her tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He shook her shoulder a bit. "Why is the tough Ji Hyo crying?"

Ji Hyo shed her tears, "No, I'm not crying! Why would I'm crying like this?"

"Exactly! Seriously, what's wrong with you today? And why are you here?" 

"You're so loud, can you just shut up?" Ji Hyo grabbed his hand and went into the car. 

"Let's go to eat. I'm really hungry." She said that without emotion. As her friend, Kwang Soo followed her order without saying anything just to make her happy.

 

At the restaurant, Ji Hyo explained everything to Kwang Soo, and how she ended up in his workplace. 

"So, are you really willing to be his PA?"

"Yup, I'm losing my mind just now but when I think about it again, I will just do it to support my family. I just can't stand being unemployed, I felt like I'm a burden to them."

Kwang Soo nods as he agreed with her. "No worries, I got your back okay? Be that tough Ji Hyo that I knew, alright? Song Ji Hyo fighting!!" 

"It's so embarassing that you support me like this!" Ji Hyo said, finally smiled again. 

"Thanks, Kwang Soo-yah."

"Why are you so emotional today? Its nothing, friends should got each others back right? Aigoo..." Kwang Soo grinned as he patted her head.

"I must be crazy today, hahah... what's wrong with me??"

"Yes, you are. Hahahah..." Kwang Soo joked around. "Let me send you back. I'm going to work again after this."

"Ah.. I forgot about that. Wait, I'm going to message Mr. Ha."

She took out her phone to message HaHa but she realized that there's a message from an unknown number.

From: +82 019......

Song Ji Hyo-shii, I'm really sorry. I knew that I'm too much this time. I'm telling you again, we are gladly accepting you in our company. So if you've calm down, please come back again, so I can show your place and give brief explanation about your job. -JK

 

"He really loves to talk what he wants and asks for forgiveness later, right? Argh I'm already sick of this!" Ji Hyo become mad.

But Kwang Soo seem more suprised than her. "This is weird tho..."

"Huh? Why?"

"He's known as a cocky type of leader. Although that he is not always angry towards us, he never apologize for whatever reason. Woah, you must changed him at some point." Kwang Soo clapped his hands.

Ji Hyo smirked a bit after she heard that, " Or, its not even him that are messaging me. It's obvious now." 

"Huh?"

"Mr. Ha could be the one that message me, just like he's the one that recruited me instead of Mr. CEO." 

Ji Hyo looked dissapointed, and she is. Deep in her heart, she's hoping that Jong Kook was not that cruel. 

 

On the other hand, Jong Kook felt relieved after he sent that message. He felt sorry for the nth time, for making her sad and mad. His heart soften each time he saw her crying, but even he don't know why.